Pearl-Guide Ruckus 2015

Planning to do it at the mansion, maybe in a couple shifts (thinking after breakfast on Saturday morning, before presentations, and WAY before people get into shopping mode!). If people want, I can do a recap on Sunday morning and/or possibly in the afternoon at PP. I will bring wire and tools for people to share, but if you have pliers (needle nose to tuck in wire ends) and wire snips and can easily bring them, please do so! Sarah has graciously volunteered to bring pearls for us to use; if you want to bring your own, it should be drilled large enough to accommodate 20 gauge wire. If you want to make multi-stone rings, feel free to bring a couple stone beads up to 8mm.

Sounds great Sheri ... thanks for doing this! I'll bring a few tools, and maybe some extra beads to share if the drill holes are big enough.

I wish there was a thread simply for all Historical RUCKUS activities…including images. Or maybe there already is and I'm just missing it?

My bucket list:

1. A vist to Pearl Paradise (to thank Erin personally for all the great service) and view the vault I imagine it is like the coffers of the SHAH of IRAN…cases and cases and cases of pearls.
2. To attend a "Ruckus" sometime in the future
3. A Trip to Guaymas and San Carlos and visit the guys at Perlas del Mar de Cortez?

Pre-Ruckus practice

Pre-Ruckus practice

Glad to get a little practice in tonight ahead of the ruckus. Great people, great pearl talk, and the pig's head wasn't bad!

Attachments

• IMG_2243.jpg
    IMG_2243.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 35
Pearls and a Pig's Head! Doesn't get better than that! Counting down to the Ruckus!!!

Lovely photos! The pig head dish sounds interesting. Please post lots of photos and commentaries abot the ruckus!

Pearls and a Pig's Head! Doesn't get better than that! Counting down to the Ruckus!!!

Love the idea too...but it just ain't Kosher in my book ;) Let's just have the pearls and some vegan option if possible...but the countdown does begin now...happy to hear you will be there too BAS.

I wish there was a thread simply for all Historical RUCKUS activities…including images. Or maybe there already is and I'm just missing it?

My bucket list:

1. A vist to Pearl Paradise (to thank Erin personally for all the great service) and view the vault I imagine it is like the coffers of the SHAH of IRAN…cases and cases and cases of pearls.
2. To attend a "Ruckus" sometime in the future
3. A Trip to Guaymas and San Carlos and visit the guys at Perlas del Mar de Cortez?

Friendly BlackPearlDudeDC:

You are most warmly invited to join us here in Guaymas for the pearl harvest celebration next year...or the one in 2017...just drop a note and let us know you're coming.
And you should really try to make it to the Ruckus (I have posted some of the previous Ruckus in my Cortez Pearl Blog), it is such a great gathering of friends and we are basically "swimming" in pearls all day long: pearl talks, pearl inspection, pearl drinks...simply decadent in a pearly fashion. You would love it.
Pearl-Paradise: The Vault. It is legendary. You really have to go there...the Fort Knox of Pearldom. And it ain't a "tourist trap" ;)

I thank you for your love of Pearls...and Cortez Pearls :)

Friendly BlackPearlDudeDC:

You are most warmly invited to join us here in Guaymas for the pearl harvest celebration next year...or the one in 2017...just drop a note and let us know you're coming.
And you should really try to make it to the Ruckus (I have posted some of the previous Ruckus in my Cortez Pearl Blog), it is such a great gathering of friends and we are basically "swimming" in pearls all day long: pearl talks, pearl inspection, pearl drinks...simply decadent in a pearly fashion. You would love it.
Pearl-Paradise: The Vault. It is legendary. You really have to go there...the Fort Knox of Pearldom. And it ain't a "tourist trap" ;)

I thank you for your love of Pearls...and Cortez Pearls :)

Very gracious offer to tour me around the pearl farm, I totally appreciate the welcome. If I am able to make it happen I will definitely let you know. I have already put the bug in several friends ears about taking a trip on a Pearling detour! Thanks again for the kind words!

A pig's head, interesting. I thought y'all would be eating oysters hahaha.

Someday I will go to one of the big events and meet all you lovely pearly people in real life. I am afraid I'll simply go mad from the thrill of seeing that many pearls at once though. :p

I am new to PG and will be attending also! I am very excited to meet you all and see all of the beautiful pearls!

Nacred Girl, welcome to PG! Last year was my first Ruckus and it was so much fun. See you soon!

Look forward to meeting you, Nacred Girl ... last year was my first Ruckus, and it was so wonderful ... so thrilled to be returning this year. You'll love it!

Nacred Girl welcome to the wonderful world of pearl happy ruckusers. See you next week :)

Back