Who is attending the Pearl-Guide Ruckus 2016, July 29, 30, 31???

Oh lotsa pics pls. Can't wait to see all your pearls and your new pearls too.

Purr many go to Pearl Paradise to visit and look at the pearls.

Pearls are almost packed next are the clothes. Hope I haven't forgot any ;)

IMG_1171.jpg

oh man it just NOW occurs to me i probably can't bring sharp beading tools onto the plane. and i wasn't going to check a bag. and i don't want to throw them all away at the TSA line. rgh.

Purranha:

My plane comes into LAX around 12:30 p.m. and I'm carrying my luggage so I don't have to wait around the luggage carousel.

I've already warned Pearl Paradise that I'm coming straight from the airport to PP. Hisano told me there are places to eat around PP, so then I'll grab something quick and then peek in the vault until they make us go to the mansion.

They said that I wouldn't be the only one doing that, but let them know in advance, so they know to expect you at the store.

JulieBeth: I'm not bringing any of my beading tools, either.

Last edited:
See you there, BWeaves. I'll be having lunch around PP at about that time as well.

I've packed most of the pearls I've picked up since the last ruckus but not all. Is there anything in particular anyone wants to see? I most likely have it packed, but just in case...

I'm headed to PP tomorrow afternoon as well. See you all soon!

Can't wait to see all the booty! I won't have a chest like Mikeyy, but I will have a few items I am willing to part with - two gold Sea of Cortez rings, a small gem grade Eyris blue pearl pendant handmade in peach gold, light golden akoya necklace and a strand of natural pearls. Just ask to see them at the ruckus. The natural pearls are small, but really cool.

20160728_163717[1].jpg

Another Eyris pendant?! I was just thinking that of all the treasures in Newberry's photo above, it is the Eyris pendant that truly stands out. What a magnificent shade of blue.

This is the best one--the highest grade of pearl and handmade. I didn't pay as much for Newberry's larger pearl because the grade was just below. Although anyone seeing her pendant would agree that the color is exceptional. It doesn't hurt that it is surrounded by a parabola of gold. She was ready to pull the trigger as soon as she saw it!

Red and anyone else getting there around lunch time, I'd love to have lunch together. But I'll just play it by ear and see what time I get to PP, unless I run into anyone at LAX whose neck I recognize.

Whew, all packed. I can't wait to meet you all in person. I've never done a trip like this before in my life. Darling husband keeps giving me the side eye because this all sounds too good to be true. Plus, the whole "flying 3000 miles to meet people you've only interacted with over the internet" thing.

Can't wait to see all the booty! I won't have a chest like Mikeyy, but I will have a few items I am willing to part with - two gold Sea of Cortez rings, a small gem grade Eyris blue pearl pendant handmade in peach gold, light golden akoya necklace and a strand of natural pearls. Just ask to see them at the ruckus. The natural pearls are small, but really cool.

View attachment 43635

Omg Blaine I would love to check your stuffs out!!!

I've packed most of the pearls I've picked up since the last ruckus but not all. Is there anything in particular anyone wants to see? I most likely have it packed, but just in case...

I'm headed to PP tomorrow afternoon as well. See you all soon!

BN I want to see your entire collection lol!!! Your new Tahitians of course, super soufflés strand, the new Edison, uber blue Akoya (the original baroque April Special), holy grail ripples, haha I do want to see your entire collection. ;)

This is the best one--the highest grade of pearl and handmade. I didn't pay as much for Newberry's larger pearl because the grade was just below. Although anyone seeing her pendant would agree that the color is exceptional. It doesn't hurt that it is surrounded by a parabola of gold. She was ready to pull the trigger as soon as she saw it!

And wanting to pull the trigger for the Eyris was many, many years before you decided to sell it ;) I am still thrilled because it is mine and I get to treasure it now. It can have a visit with Auntie Blaire this weekend :)

BN I want to see your entire collection lol!!! Your new Tahitians of course, super soufflés strand, the new Edison, uber blue Akoya (the original baroque April Special), holy grail ripples, haha I do want to see your entire collection. ;)

Ok, will pack a little more!

Yes, YOU! So happy you are able to join in the joy of seeing all our pearl peeps.

You are so sweet-- thank you, Blaire! This year nothing will prevent me from enjoying my peal peeps...and those pearls

I will be arriving at 11:30 am, then heading over to PP! So looking forward to see everyone again!

And wanting to pull the trigger for the Eyris was many, many years before you decided to sell it ;) I am still thrilled because it is mine and I get to treasure it now. It can have a visit with Auntie Blaire this weekend :)

You should have said something sooner. I would have sold it to you because I had extra and, of course, I still get to see it!

Back