Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Urchin
    replied
    Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• KaySD
    replied
    The ruckus was such a wonderful weekend of sharing with friends, old and new. It is a lot of fun to ogle each others' goodies (and shop), but it was also such a fun and relaxing weekend of visiting with a lovely group of people who have been brought together by a common interest, but also have so much more to share.

A big thank you to our hosts, Jeremy and Hisano, all the other people at PP who take such great care of us, the presenters who shared their knowledge and humor with us, Lucy and Ethel for their help with the event and the wonderful photos and reports that come after, and everyone else who made this event so fantastic! I look forward to 2016. (But now what do I do for the rest of 2015, lol.)

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Many, Many Thanks to Jeremy, Hisano and Everyone who made Ruckus 2015 such a extraordinary, awesome & amazing event!

Leave a comment:

• jshepherd
    replied
    Thank you everyone that attended! We had a blast and are already looking forward to the next!

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Wonderful taste in pearls, Red, and some gorgeous new additions to your collection! Whatever you decide to create will be outstanding! Love, love, love the colorful new Kamoka pearl for your bracelet!

Leave a comment:

• Bailey1856
    replied
    Red, I'm admiring all your new pearls as well as the old ones. Thank you for the big pictures. It's nice to see these beauties clearly.

Leave a comment:

• Marianne
    replied
    Red, it was a real treat getting to watch you pick out some of these gorgeous pearls

Leave a comment:

• Katbran
    replied
    Red - it's no wonder you felt like the Pearl Queen...you are the Pearl Queen !! lol Good Grief what a fabulous haul of pearls !!! And the little Octopus...Candi is perfect...I looked at those coloured rings and thought Candi-Striper! (do they still have them in hospitals in the USA? ) ha!

And wow to your Burmese and gorgeous little Tahitian .. I can't wait to see what they will morph into !! (I'm definitely turning a shade of Envy Green )

Leave a comment:

• kelluvpearls
    replied
    Great posts Red, love your new collection especially the Burmese pearls and Candi.

Leave a comment:

• lary007
    replied
    Red, your pearls are stunning. Thank you for sharing your goodies! I love reading about the goings-on at the ruckus.

Leave a comment:

• Tucs
    replied
    WOW, Red! That is one amazing loot. Thank you for showing us your new pieces and explaining them to us.

I love all your new pearls! The Burmese SSs look so pretty... and everything else, really. That baroque Sea of Cortez.... my heart goes pitter patter.

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    Of course, I forgot one more thing. At PP I was showing Jeremy the multicolor strand of round Tahitians that I had purchased at last year's ruckus. I said that not only did my bracelet have three blue pearls, but I thought it also had natural colored chocolate Tahitians. I wondered if Jeremy could confirm. At this, he ran to his office and came back with a baggy of natural colored chocolate Tahitian pearls that he had been collecting for a necklace. The outside bag was labelled with a drawing of a chocolate candy kiss, and inside were baggies of chocolate pearls grouped by size. We opened the bags and admired the pearls. But, the smallest bag labelled 8-9mm had just three pearls inside, and were so very dark and lustrous. Two of them matched pretty well, so I selected them to be made into studs. The wonderful folks at PP drilled and glued them for me on the spot, and I was able to take them home. I wore them today with my multicolor Tahitian necklace and bracelet, and felt like a pearl queen.

Thank you, again, to all the wonderful folks at Pearl Paradise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ChocBrace_0704.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	362182

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    I can't thank our host and hostess enough for sponsoring this wonderful ruckus event. I enjoy seeing my pearl friends and their pearls. I love meeting the farmers who create our pearls. Thank you to the talented artists who share their expertise. This is truly one of the highlights of my year.

I shot this photo as the last van left PP on Sunday afternoon. Now these wonderful people can look forward to recovering from hosting this amazing weekend.

Good-bye Jeremy and Hisano. Thank you for everything!

Click image for larger version

Name:	PPWaveOff_161559.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	362181

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    Finally, I purchased a small Tahitian keshi loose and brought it home. It is tiny, but mighty. These dark keshi have already been mentioned in the PP blog and Hisano is using them in her lovely jewelry.

I showed it and my new little Burmese to a local jeweler today. One possibility is to attach them to diamond pendants. But, I haven't decided yet.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Red
    replied
    At one point I came into the room to discover a pair of gorgeous round 9-10mm AAA pistachio Tahitians laying in the middle of the pearl sorting table. I was told that they had been matched by Chenai and that no one had claimed them. I had been looking for pistachio pearls to go with my silver pistachio Tahitian drop strand that I had purchased from PP earlier this year. Hisanso drilled them and mounted them on white gold eye pins for me on the spot. Here I am wearing them on a pair of white gold and diamond huggies that I already owned.

I am thrilled with these. I wore this set the first two days that I was home after the ruckus.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Red; 07-31-2015, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X