A Beader Special

Cathy,

I like the 3-colour pearl pendant, and am thinking about making one with WG 3mm star dust bead in between :)

DK :)

Hmmm... Back to the beading board. The necklaces don't look right. Rearranged one to graduate in size and it's looking better.

Great job, Cathy. How did you find time? - I have been snowballed by the holidays. I did get my lavender strands, which I'm sharing with Boo, and the loose rounds, also sharing. I have made one pair of earrings out of the rounds for my friend who is getting married on Sunday. Don't know if she'll wear them, but every bride should have a pearl option!

Attachments

• lavenders.jpg
    lavenders.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 26
  • loose.jpg
    loose.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Sarah's er.jpg
    Sarah's er.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 34
  • Sarah's er2.jpg
    Sarah's er2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 35
pendant

pendant

Cathy,

I like the 3-colour pearl pendant, and am thinking about making one with WG 3mm star dust bead in between :)

DK :)

DK,

I sort of borrowed the design when an acquaintance showed me his wife's pendant. The pearl colors remind me of red, green and white Christmas ornaments. Maybe one day I'll find the right colors to make one myself. The FW can be named Easter pendant.

Attachments

• Christmas pendant.jpg
    Christmas pendant.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Can you guys believe I have already used up each and every pearl in that bag of mixed rounds? Many of them were distributed to friends, family and coworkers over the last week, but here are some of the keepers. I don't know that I have ever torn that enthusiastically into jewelry making...

This first one is not from the rounds, but is a byproduct of my designing for the undrilled drops. I had some big almost-klonks that have pretty color and orient, but were blemished and oddly shaped, so I put them in a wire mesh ribbon and separated the pearls with jumprings. I really like the way it turned out - all frosty and sparkly and big and heavy....

Attachments

• IMG_0465med.jpg
    IMG_0465med.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 32
Here is what I did with the matched pearls and some tiny buttons I had. I think I would like this better with gold spacer beads, but I didn't have any on hand. There are earrings to match as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4419med.jpg
    IMG_4419med.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 29
Here is my submission in the Caitlin category. I may rework this - it is rather luxe and I don't know that I will wear it much the way it is. Still, it is cool to have that much pearl-power sitting on your shoulders :p

Attachments

• IMG_4423med.jpg
    IMG_4423med.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 30
Here is a study in graduation and color. This is my favorite because I am so color crazed, but I would like to redo it with small pearls rather than chain in back. However, I have been having a hard time finding nice pearls in small sizes (4-5mm). Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0471med.jpg
    IMG_0471med.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 36
Very nice, Boo! I'm home with the flu and seeing the pretty pearls is a great distraction. (That, and reading Ian Fleming novels-- currently, Thunderball.)

Hasn't this turned into a great thread?
Boo your work is so nice, and Sheryl, those earrings are great. Thanks for sharing!

Pearl_dreams, I am just now starting to recover from a fairly nasty head cold, so you have my sympathies! I admit that knotting was nice and therapeutic, however :p

Pattye, I have had the mesh on hand for quite a while but could never quite figure out how to use it. The necklace is really nice, though - the color and shine doesn't show up in my picture, but in real life the necklace is surprisingly beautiful. I found a link for the mesh, but they don't have the light blue color I used. http://www.beadinpath.com/BMF-43-p-beading_fibers.html Oh, and the necklace is on a 3 strand clasp, at least for now.

Jeremy, I cannot thank you enough for the beader's special. It has been a blast working with these. I have been sorting and playing and stringing and restringing and resorting and it has been so much fun! Will we maybe see another special like it next year? (oh, please, oh please).

Jeremy, I cannot thank you enough for the beader's special. It has been a blast working with these. I have been sorting and playing and stringing and restringing and resorting and it has been so much fun! Will we maybe see another special like it next year? (oh, please, oh please).

I hope you're feeling better, Boo! I like that luxe strand-- I think you should wear it often and with wry lack of regard for its level of elegance.

The mixed rounds are no longer "sold out"-- does that mean there's more you're hoping to get rid of, Jeremy? Do you think you'll leave the sale site up until the goods are gone? I have all these wonderful strands to work through right now, but I definitely have ideas that could employ more in a month or so. :D

I'll have a few things to post soon. By-the-by, I can now vouch that red PowerPro is not particularly colorfast... :p

Just looking through this again... Boo, the colour/size graduated piece is amazing... very very nice. I bet Jeremy is loving seeing what is coming from all those leftover pearls lying around taking up his precious space!! These pearls are now where they should be!

Back