A Beader Special

Boo, that's very generous of you to have so many prizes!

And I like the design of your strand, well done! :)

DK :)

Boo,

What a fun contest, even if I didn't win!

although I must confess to having developed a great deal of respect for the folks who sort pearls into strands -

Sooooo agree with this--it is much easier to start with a strand, and pick it over a bit--one soon realizes the infinite variety of colors and shapes possible! And my eyes, even with the 3.25x glasses still need more help!

So that mixed bag of rounds is a bit challenging, eh??? :D

In order not to make it too challenging I gave each bag a couple of "handicaps" by way of a couple matched, half-strands cut and added to the mix.

That's very nice of you, Boo :)

Today is my daughter's 13th birthday--so I'm baking cake-- and I've been shoveling snow yesterday and today-- and we had multiple events this week including a biopsy (DH-- his 6th biopsy-- seems every year or two his PSA gets suspiciously high-- negative, thankfully) and DD's mock trial competition and concerts (plural) and holiday-related shopping...

...so I am ready to drop!

Well, gotta go frost that cake!

Boo,

What a fun contest, even if I didn't win!

Sooooo agree with this--it is much easier to start with a strand, and pick it over a bit--one soon realizes the infinite variety of colors and shapes possible! And my eyes, even with the 3.25x glasses still need more help!

Oh, me too. And looking at pearls all the time as we all do, we've gotten used to looking for certain things. I know I do! Makes putting a strand together really complex. I think I'm going to need a lot more boards(we call them story boards in woodworking). I bought undrilled so have to get the pearls selected. Then, just when it all looks good to go I'll be purchasing a new drill and the entertainment will begin.

Sounds like fun!
barbie

Fun competition, Boo. Congratulations to the winners!
Merry Christmas everyone!

Darling Boo, I'd like the double white earrings with the yellow GF beads. Thanks soooo much! PM address to come. ;)

boo,

I just have this idea to use small split rings on both sides of the roll of pearls, so that the necklace can be interchanged with different colour pearls - white, black, lavender etc... with just one chain and clasp. I'll be using 14K WG chains and findings, and cannot afford to have multiple strands! :)

Hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your design! :)

boo,

I just have this idea to use small split rings on both sides of the roll of pearls, so that the necklace can be interchanged with different colour pearls - white, black, lavender etc... with just one chain and clasp. I'll be using 14K WG chains and findings, and cannot afford to have multiple strands! :)

Hope you don't mind me "borrowing" your design! :) Mind you, I have already made similar strands before with just beads in the front, so great minds think alike I'd say :D

Thank you!

I have requested for the duplicate post to be deleted - that's what happened when I tried to sneak into PG while at work using half a window on the PC :rolleyes:

Thank you!

I have requested for the duplicate post to be deleted - that's what happened when I tried to sneak into PG while at work using half a window on the PC :rolleyes:

Haha! I have 1/2 window open every now and then too. :D That's why some of them are misspelled, grammatical errors, and sounded dorky when I tried to rush.

Last edited:
beader special

beader special

Hi everyone,
I received my pearl bags last week. I ordered 1 bag of undrilled 6.5-7.5mm white drop pearls, 1 bag of undrilled 6.5-7.5mm mixed color drop pearls. Here are their pictures. They stay in my bathroom with the the shells and sand theme. I have 3 unused, dyed pearls from the round bag and I mixed them with these.

Attachments

• IMG_3192_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3192_1_1_1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3193_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3193_1_1_1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 29
beader special

beader special

I also bought the round drilled bag. Here are some earrings and pendants for my sister and sister-in-law in the box. The second picture shows my earrings (on hoops). The set on the left are earrings and pendant. The white and lavender earrings can also be used as pendants.

Attachments

• IMG_3188_1_2_1.jpg
    IMG_3188_1_2_1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3187_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3187_1_1_1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
beader special

beader special

I've got some necklaces on temporary string. The first one is 18". The second is 16" necklace with matching bracelet. The last one is a rope about 52" to 54". They are all done similar to Caitlin's potpourri style to accommodate the various sizing of pearls that came in the round bag. I used all of the pearls except for 3 small, dyed ones. Originally I was going to make some tin cups. However, when I saw the amount of pearls I have (over 350), I thought lots of strands are more fun. I have a lot to wear next spring and summer.

Attachments

• IMG_3194_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3194_1_1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3195_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3195_1_1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3196_1_1_1.jpg
    IMG_3196_1_1_1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 43
So that mixed bag of rounds is a bit challenging, eh??? :D

In order not to make it too challenging I gave each bag a couple of "handicaps" by way of a couple matched, half-strands cut and added to the mix.

Ah-ha! I thought that must have been the case when I sorted. That was extremely helpful-- I've made a few rosaries combining drop strands with the rounds and the matching rounds really look nice and feel amazing. Thank you! :D

Cathy - your pieces are lovely. I really like the earring charms - and the long "potpourri" rope.
I think over the Christmas period, I could have sold a dozen more ropes. I was pretty much just making them up to order in the end..

Back