Pearl Ruckus 2014

Linda, I'm also sorry to not be seeing you there this year... I will look forward to next year!
Happy to hear of so many "new to me" people joining the Ruckus... Thanks again Jeremy and Hisano!
Cheers, Sarah

And I am looking forward to meeting you in person, Sarah, after admiring your website!

What is the attire for this august occasion? Are there tiaras involved? What are the temperatures to be expected? Who do we talk with about housekeeping details? Any great ideas on where to stay if we come in early, so we can have more time at PP? (note the royal "we" ;))

Just saw this, and just booked our travel plans today - with return to California on July 29... and you are going to be right in my neighborhood, I am literally in Palos Verdes. Boo hoo again. And July 25th is my birthday. I'm so sad, so sad.

Oh, no, Cheryl, not again? You'll be missed.

Whicker,
Can't answer many of your questions, but as for dress, recommend you check out the photos from previous events. Tiaras? Sarah brought a beauty that was modeled by many one year! Weather? Usually mild, but may be cool in evening being right on the water.

Hi Wicker
Day time attire is usually casual with lots of pearl changes and evenings vary depending on if the Saturday party is dressy or not. The most important thing is to remember to bring lots of your pearls. It is all about the pearls.

Thank you Pattye and Newberry for the helpful tips for us "newbies" ... very kind of you. My pearl collection is modest, and I hope to be a very ardent admirer of some of the lovely pearls I've seen here. Newberry, your Kamoka Harvest pearls and new light Tahitians with Aquamarine Pendant are at the TOP of my wishlist to see in person. Pattye your wonderful combinations of pearls and Oregon sunstone in particular (from your website) are another ... this is indeed a dangerously fun place to hang out :)

I can hardly wait! But I will dress a bit informally and no tiara for me this time ;)

Douglas, I'm disappointed to hear that you aren't bringing your tiara this time.. Perhaps a Neptune's trident instead to go with your informal look?;)

Hi Pearl Friends,

Jeremy and I are prepping for the upcoming Ruckus and I am collecting all guest information who are attending this year.
Please send me the following info to hisano@pearlparadise.com

1. Your full name and guests who are coming with you
2. Will you be staying at the mansion or hotel?
3. What is your breakfast preference?
4. Any food allergies?

I will be sending you more information on the event via email.
We're excited to meet you all soon!

Last edited:
Douglas, I'm disappointed to hear that you aren't bringing your tiara this time.. Perhaps a Neptune's trident instead to go with your informal look?;)

I still haven't gotten over the tiara affair ;)...but the trident is definitively possible. I don't know if airport security will allow one...let's see what happens. :D

I am excited about the Ruckus and I really want to see and talk to you all my pearl-friends.

Well, as happens sometimes, life gets in the way.

I will not be able to make it to the Ruckus this year. I've written to Hisano separately.

Cecilia

Back