Sea of Cortez Pearls Visit the 2014 Pearl Guide Ruckus

The 2014 Pearl Guide Ruckus was recently held in Palos Verdes, California - a fun gathering of Pearl Guide friends with talks, edibles, libations, and plenty of pearls. Douglas McLaurin of Perlas Del Mar De Cortez, gave forum members a "heads-up" that he was bringing "friends" to the party.

Post by Douglas:
I will bring a pair of friends over...many will hopefully want to meet them ;)

One is a Cortez Mabe Necklace, set in sterling silver and all-hand made, with 28 AA grade Mabe pearls...similar to the one we made a couple of months ago for a notable US Senator. Very nice piece...this one has a larger central pearl of splendid beauty.
Click image for larger version  Name:	Sea of Cortex pgn 1 copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	449498
Click image for larger version  Name:	Sea of Cortex pgn 1 copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	60.5 KB ID:	449498

Then I have another little friend: an 18" Cortez Pearl necklace made with 47 pearls (8.2-9.9 mm), made with A, A+ and Gem+ grade pearls...quite a feat to produce such a strand. This will be this year's finest necklace but it will be very reasonably priced. Features a 14K Italian gold clasp. The photos don't do any justice...the colors came out flushed.

Both were made specially for this year's Pearl Ruckus. Will be available to be worn with love...you just have to ask :)

End Douglas, but I must add photos taken at the event. These are rare and beautiful cultured pearls from the Pteria sterna, also known as the "Rainbow Lip" oyster.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sea of Cortez 3 copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	449499
Click image for larger version  Name:	Sea of Cortez 3 copy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.4 KB ID:	449499

Last edited by a moderator:
Back