My Ruckus 2014 Pearls

CathyKeshi

I was incredibly lucky to attend my first (2014) Ruckus in Palos Verdes in July, and am still overwhelmed by the generosity, kindness and beauty shared by Jeremy, Hisano and everyone at the Ruckus. As a "newbie", I arrived nervous, timid and ... well, terrified ... and left with friends! A few weeks of findings decisions (LOVE the Orbit Clasp!), shipping ... UPS took one package on a mysterious road trip for over a week, until the amazing Chenai made UPS bring it back :) ... and my pearls have finally arrived! Now, I was well schooled in "not showing off" ... but these beauties beg to be shared ... hope you enjoy as much as I treasure my memories and new friends :)

Pink Color Changing Metallic Pearl Earrings and Necklace from Pearl Paradise
1 Multi-Color Round Tahitian Necklaces from Pearl Paradise
Pteria Penguin One of a Kind Necklace from Sarah Canizzaro, Kojima Pearls

CRD Color Chang FW Pink Oval Drops.jpgCRD Color Change Metallic Pink FW Love Knot Earrings.jpgCRD Tahitian 2 Multi Round Ruckus 14.jpgCRD 2 Multi Tahitians Nested Ruckus14 SML.jpgPenguin Necklace CRD Ruckus 14 SML.jpg

I know you are not one for neck shots (just like our dear Pattye is not one for "selfies" -- yes, I'm still waiting) but could I coax you into a neck shot modeling those incredible Pink Color Changing Metallic Pearls? Remember, I was next to you when Hisano insisted you go to look in the mirror and I was awestruck by this strand. I think it's very special. Someone was kind enough to show me other metallic drops in the vault but they couldn't hold a candle to yours. I might even call your strand the HG of metallic color changing drops.

Wear them in health and enjoy them for many years to come. And bring them next year so I can see them in person again, please!

Thank you Pearl Dreams and Jersey Pearl! BAS, Thank You ... I remember those moments so clearly ... I was so sure I couldn't wear this color pearls; Hisano is so wise, and you so helpful .... "HG of metallic color changing drops" ... wow; I'm humbled by how utterly and unexpectedly lucky I am :) If I make it back to the Ruckus next year, you may wear my pink necklace as long as you'd like. Neck shots ... oh, dear, I'm sure the internet is not ready for that ...

Cathy,
I have fond memories of you trying those beauties on! I totally get the no neck photos, so just take my word for it….. Those metallics are made for this dear woman!

Cathy, your treasures are absolutely stunning and I bet you look gorgeous wearing them!

Aw, THANKS Marianne and SunSeeker :))) The more pearls that cover this neck, the better LOL. I do truly treasure the memories of meeting you all even more than the pearls!

Cathy - I've been waiting for this thread of your ruckus treasures. I was busy in the vault most of Sunday afternoon, so I missed out on a lot of conversations and on seeing what others ended up with. I remember you coming to visit me in the vault as I was sorting pearls and you were considering different gold colors for findings.

I am so delighted with your beautiful and unique pearl purchases. Lovely pearls for a delightful and lovely lady. I know that they are going to a wonderful home.

CathyK , they are gorgeous. Thank you for posting pictures. I would love to see neckshots (only when you're ready ;)) especially the metallics. I don't believe i've ever seen neckshot pictures of metallics before.

Her color shifting metallics are insanely gorgeous! I'm glad I got to see them in person.

Cathy, thanks for offering to "loan" them to me. The problem is, if I wear them, I can't see them! I'll admire them on your neck instead!

Cathy, HolyMolie great balls of fire for a pearl newbie you struck the mother lode of pearls. Your new treasures are just magnificent, each and every one of them. It was a pleasure meeting you and watching you select these treasures. I really hope to see them on you next summer :)

Oh MY!! They're so lovely...particularly the variation in colour and shape through the last two strands. I know next to nothing about new pearls, but now I'm feeling I need more exposure to these beauties!

Yes, great choices. The pink looks good enough to eat - like pearly cotton candy. The Tahitians are magnificent. And Sarah's Pteria penguin necklace melts my heart. I'm really glad that you have it. :)

they are all so gorgeous, thanks for sharing pictures. the yellow gold knots look SO pretty with the pink metallics! :D

Thank you all again!

funky_pearl, the yellow gold knots were an old pair of earrings I already owned. There was a dyed blue/black freshwater drop on, and I found I just wasn't wearing that pair anymore. When I found the pink metallic pearl strand, the lovely ladies of Pearl Paradise found 2 more coordinating loose pearls to make earrings; I am just delighted with my "refurbished" earrings, and recommend "recycling" :)

GemGeek, Thank you ... I fell in love with Sarah's Pteria penguin strand when I saw it posted here ... I had NO expectation that strand would still be available; I am honored to have custody of those pearls. As you know, it's so much prettier in person; the subtle satiny rainbows of colors contrasted with the diamond glints of those artfully placed white and yellow gold beads is just genius, Sarah style :)

hbryne, Thank you ... I knew nothing about most of these pearls, and am still very much a novice, although the Ruckus definitely helped LOL.

Newberry; THANK YOU for all the encouragement and advice ... without you I wouldn't have been there, and/or made such choices! I told Walter it was a once in a lifetime dream come true ... he's starting to get a bit suspicious though ... especially since I told him we have to drive the vintage travel trailer out next year, and build campfires overlooking the ocean :)

BAS, I doubt any photos can capture the magic of those color changing pearls!

Bailey, maybe I can coax my beautiful daughter into trying on my pearls for a PRETTY neck shot ... I do agree with BAS, they are much prettier in person ... Thank you!

Red ... what can I say except Thank You ... When I left home, I knew I hoped to get Tahitian pearls from the special lot, but my experience with Tahitians was limited to a little pendant and earrings, and what I saw locally ... large rather dull charcoal black marbles priced at $9,000, and I didn't GET IT ... the only thing I knew was I wanted COLOR. By Sunday morning at the Ruckus, I was so overwhelmed with the beauty of Cortez, Kamoka and everything else I saw, that when we got to Pearl Paradise and looked at that big table, I was ... LOST. Everything was gorgeous, I wanted it all, and had no idea how to choose a Tahitian strand ... UNTIL I wandered into the vault (I didn't even realize I was in the vault till MUCH later LOL) to look at gold findings and saw what you were working on. Light bulbs and fireworks went off ... your work was the direct inspiration for my Tahitians, with my THANKS!

Hisano and Sarah both took so much time (and amazing patience) to help clarify what I wanted, and to fulfill my pearly dreams; I could never thank them enough. Sarah is working on my lovely little bitty Cortez pearl ... one of the few Cortez castaways Douglas had left after the Tesla frenzy, which I somehow missed entirely LOL ... I suspect what she's doing is going to be delicate and adorable. Josh & Celeste, Douglas, Pattye ... everyone was just wonderful. Thank You All!

The Ruckus remains a lovely memory. When we both had a quiet moment upstairs (maybe to change pearls?) you showed me your clever packaging with those big thick straws used in my neck of the woods to suck up "tapioca pearls" (how apt) from Chinese bubble tea. I keep meaning to wear my blue akoya twisted with multi-color metallics which you had commented on... until next year!

It's a date, BAS ... and one evening pre or post Ruckus, s"mores by the campfire overlooking the ocean above Malibu. I'll leave the bubble tea to you ... it's the ONLY asian food trend I never learned to like LOL. The other night, I hooked both strands of Tahitians and the pink metallic drops together, wound them around my neck 3 times as a torsade, and wore with a pale pink chanel style jacket outlined in black ... the pink metallics bring out the overtones in the Tahitians, and looked wonderful together ... all inspired by your "inspired" torsades :)

The other night, I hooked both strands of Tahitians and the pink metallic drops together, wound them around my neck 3 times as a torsade, and wore with a pale pink chanel style jacket outlined in black QUOTE]

Something I'd like to see. It sounds like a dream outfit. :)

Oh my, I was amazed at your gorgeous mixed color round Tahitian strands, and I was wondering how Cathy Keshi had gone so far from your beloved keshis? I knew you were working on the pink drops (and so were looking at findings), and the Pteria Penguin strand is a wonderful piece for a keshi lover. I'm flattered to have had a small part in inspiring your Tahitian selection of ruckus pearls.

Perhaps you could show us part of your mixed Tahitian/pink freshwater drop torsade, say laying against your pink Chanel jacket? I'm really curious about the look. I'm sure you looked amazing in those beautiful pearls, as they are all breath-takingly beautiful.

Back