My secret Valentine

KauaiAnne

My secret Valentine is ... ME! After a year of lurking, looking and learning on P-G, I'm jumping in with my first post. A year ago my heart was zapped by a gorgeous multicolor pearl necklace in a B&M store. Long story there, but the short version is I found my way to Pearl-Guide and other sites and finally worked up the nerve to buy MYSELF a necklace. Two actually - a multicolor freshwater and a baroque akoya. The third, a gem-grade freshwater, is for my daughter but I intend to wear it for awhile first. Here are some pics of my lovely Valentines.

Hope all of you got something just as nice!

Attachments

• My Pearls 011.jpg
    My Pearls 011.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 28
  • My Pearls 005.jpg
    My Pearls 005.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 37
  • My Pearls 021.jpg
    My Pearls 021.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 36
  • My Pearls 022.jpg
    My Pearls 022.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 32
  • My Pearls 025.jpg
    My Pearls 025.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 30
Hi, welcome to the forum. You've done well. They look great on you. Enjoy your Valentines. The good part is these Valentines will last for many, many years. YAY.

Kauai Anne,

Welcome!

Outstanding choices! Happiest of Valentine's to Us All who are not afraid to treat ourselves!

Thanks for modeling, they look just fab on!

(Even though I am sick with a cold, I am going to put some pearls on right now and I know I will feel better!)

Welcome to PG :D

IMHO, there is nothing wrong in treating ourselves. It is the only way we can be certain we get what we want :D

And you should look after your daughter's strand for as long as you like ;)

DK ;)

Oh wow! Great pieces. How big are those multicolored lovelies?

Oh, no, Pattye sick too? I'm getting better and I hope you do FAST!

Elisa,

they are 9.5-10.5mm. I've decided I'm a big pearl girl.

Hi, and welcome to P-G!
Nice pearls, I am always happy to see a nice big strand of multicolor FW's - one of my favourites, and yours are lovely.
Also love that you are going to "wear in" the pearls for your daughter!!

Welcome to the forum, KauaiAnne.
And thanks for the photos. The multicolour necklace is stunning on you. :)

Dear KauaiAnne:
Beautiful choices. You couldn't have found a better way to board than by baring your beautiful neck with pearls on for us. Thanks so much. And welcome home.
barbie

Wow, those are goooorgeous!!! What is the length of each necklace?? Great pics!!!

Thanks, all. I feel so elegant wearing them. The multicolor is 16", the other two are 18". I think perhaps pearls are like children - you shouldn't have favorites but love them all equally. Still, I'm very partial to my multicolor strand.

Oh my! Those are utterly gorgeous! I do believe that is the first neckshot I've seen with 10mms. They are a really great size!

Thanks for posting all your new strands! You'll be lucky if you can bear to take them off long enough for a shower. Those of us here will attest to that!;)

I think perhaps pearls are like children - you shouldn't have favorites but love them all equally. QUOTE]

Like children, I'm not sure you can love them all equally...I love my children and my pearls for the unique qualities that each possesses. And your pearls have some very lovely special qualities, for sure! I love your multis, too!

Hi KauaiAnne and welcome to the forum.

All three strands are lovely but I really like your Akoyas. Just to see them in such a size is amazing, however it is very good that you have those neck shots because it proves it again - large pearls can look GREAT! And I too love your avatar! Great photos!

Beautiful pearls KauaiAnne. I too like your avataar. If you don't mind, what's the size of the GemFresh pearls.

Newbie,
ShashiRatna

The gem freshwaters are 8mm, the TPO monthly special in case you are interested. and the Akoyas are the monthly sale item from PP. Oh, those Shepard brothers!

Back