My first floating Tahitian pendant, and "how" I made it.

We are enjoying your project StarryPearl :D
It is an important part of our forum to SHARE what we are doing or loving (to wear) so please don't be a stranger and stay with us...sharing!

Your reflection on the pearl is amazing! I love that blue color, and love floating pearls. I haven't had the courage to make my own. Did you get a pearl that was fully drilled and just enlarge the hole? I can't imagine how hard it was for you to take that long. The end result is definitely worth it!

Your reflection on the pearl is amazing! I love that blue color, and love floating pearls. I haven't had the courage to make my own. Did you get a pearl that was fully drilled and just enlarge the hole? I can't imagine how hard it was for you to take that long. The end result is definitely worth it!

Hi amti, thanks for your kind words. Yes, the pearl came in fully drilled but the hole was not straight, and I only enlarged the hole manually with a reamer (and a bur). It shouldn't have taken that long, if the pearl had been drilled properly in the first place. Also as Douglas pointed out - Tahitian is the hardest to drill! If you would like one, I encourage you to give it a try. It won't go wrong anyways, just need a little patience. :D

Great to see you back StarryPearl :D
What have you been up to? I added more information in the Pearl Farming section of the forum, thought you would find it interesting.

Great to see you back StarryPearl :D
What have you been up to? I added more information in the Pearl Farming section of the forum, thought you would find it interesting.

Hey Douglas! I've been busy with some online courses, and there are tons and tons to come. Hope you are doing fine. :cool:
Wonderful! I LOVE reading your pearl farming materials! Thanks for the heads up :D, diving to it now!

The pendant is finally floating on a sparkling gold chain :07:.

It's raining outside so the light can't bring out the best color, I guess... But can't wait to share the pics! :p

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3856.jpg Views:	0 Size:	280.4 KB ID:	455715
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3851.jpg Views:	0 Size:	382.6 KB ID:	455716

Goodness, how gorgeous on the gold chain

Lovely StarryPearl :07:
The pearl is beautiful, the goldwork looks perfect...it is a beautiful piece to be lovingly worn :D
Congratulations!

Thank you, Charlotta and Happy Huku.

Thanks CortezPearls ! I have been taking it on 4 times a day and taking it off 4 times a day (3 because of cooking and 1 before going to bed) - that's a lot extra work! :jester:

Thank you, eolian pearls. Yes, I am very happy with it. To my surprise, the blemishes didn't show from a distance, I mean the distance even when I am looking from a mirror. Since this pearl is inexpensive (barely cost me $50), I feel no burden wearing it all the time, and I am pretty happy about that, too! :arms:

Glad to have you back with your updates :)

Back