My "Pearling" Story...

Oh so very long time ago while on a trip to Florida with the children i took care of the family went to town for lunch and fun and while walking there was an oyster stand . I always heard about pearls and for 15$ i got to open oyster and they set it on a very simple pendant. I still have it. Then a few years later and i got my ears pieced and after the safe time was over i started buying jewelry one was a dangle amethyst and little pearl. I wore it all the time. Years later i bought a magnetic necklace band i has a few baby pearls on it. Then years later i went on ebay and bought some pearl studs for 40$ 14 k gold still have them and slowly ive bought more pearl jewelry. One day i walked into Kohl's and they had a nice necklace in gold with a pearl and it was a great price and i bought it. The the facebook pearl parties started and i bought some and that opened me up for more pearls. Through that process i met a lady who sells pearls in china and we made friends and i started buying from her and adding to my collection some nice jewelry and during covid scrolling through Facebook i come across Pearlsasone Free course and i just thought why not and i immerse myself into pearls and became more passionate about them. Little by little trying to get one of each type.
I wear pearls everyday and I enjoy choosing what to wear. Even named one of my cats Khaleesi Pearl. And so my journey of collecting continues. I like simple classic look. I love that each Pearl has it’s own identity. I love Pearls. Enjoying this site very much. My wish is to own a hanadama strand and studs. Picture is my First Pearl.

Attachments

• IMG_4452.jpeg
    IMG_4452.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Oh so very long time ago while on a trip to Florida with the children i took care of the family went to town for lunch and fun and while walking there was an oyster stand . I always heard about pearls and for 15$ i got to open oyster and they set it on a very simple pendant. I still have it. Then a few years later and i got my ears pieced and after the safe time was over i started buying jewelry one was a dangle amethyst and little pearl. I wore it all the time. Years later i bought a magnetic necklace band i has a few baby pearls on it. Then years later i went on ebay and bought some pearl studs for 40$ 14 k gold still have them and slowly ive bought more pearl jewelry. One day i walked into Kohl's and they had a nice necklace in gold with a pearl and it was a great price and i bought it. The the facebook pearl parties started and i bought some and that opened me up for more pearls. Through that process i met a lady who sells pearls in china and we made friends and i started buying from her and adding to my collection some nice jewelry and during covid scrolling through Facebook i come across Pearlsasone Free course and i just thought why not and i immerse myself into pearls and became more passionate about them. Little by little trying to get one of each type.
I wear pearls everyday and I enjoy choosing what to wear. Even named one of my cats Khaleesi Pearl. And so my journey of collecting continues. I like simple classic look. I love that each Pearl has it’s own identity. I love Pearls. Enjoying this site very much. My wish is to own a hanadama strand and studs. Picture is my First Pearl.
Thank you so much for sharing YOUR pearl story. Love it! Pearls do have a way of capturing our hearts. Have fun collecting...other members on this site have been doing it quite a while and have some pretty amazing collections. I love sharing my collection as well as seeing others' pearls. Be sure to share pictures of your.

Thank you so much for sharing YOUR pearl story. Love it! Pearls do have a way of capturing our hearts. Have fun collecting...other members on this site have been doing it quite a while and have some pretty amazing collections. I love sharing my collection as well as seeing others' pearls. Be sure to share pictures of your.
Ive posted some already on Ks Pearl collection

I love that you still have that first pearl!
Thank you i do and im going to put it on a new setting the one is in it’s really cheap. Thanks to you and pearlsasone you have made me more pearl crazy 😝 but i love it. I talk about pearls to my mom and shes like wow my daughter and her pearls can’t you talk about anything else? 🤣😜
Been buying from Angepearl and taking advantage of nice pearls for a bit less. I bought this South Seas pendant ill post a picture. And some others most recently. See what you have done to me ? 🤣 the cat pendant is a Tahaitian, so is the necklace and brace the teapot I just purchased the purple Edison will be studs. They’re so dark purple I had to have them, I love purple. The leopard is golden South seas.

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpeg
    IMG_2365.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2357.png
    IMG_2357.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2363.png
    IMG_2363.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4005.jpeg
    IMG_4005.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2314.jpeg
    IMG_2314.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 52
It's almost Christmas! So happy there is a slight chill in the air and a Christmas Sweater is in order. I decided to go simple with my pearls today. A 12mm South Sea slightly oval (nice drop shape) with a simple diamond bale and some 7mm Akoya pearls with an illusion diamond earring jacket. Hope you all are enjoying your season as well.
IMG_2971.JPG 2.JPG
IMG_2968.JPG

It's almost Christmas! So happy there is a slight chill in the air and a Christmas Sweater is in order. I decided to go simple with my pearls today. A 12mm South Sea slightly oval (nice drop shape) with a simple diamond bale and some 7mm Akoya pearls with an illusion diamond earring jacket. Hope you all are enjoying your season as well.
View attachment 467347View attachment 467348
Very beautiful!🤩

It's so sweet, I stopped by my daughter's house this morning to drop off a pie crust, can of organic pumpkin and can of evaporated milk so my 7-year old granddaughter can make her favorite for dinner/dessert: Pumpkin Pie. When I left for work and leaned down to hug the 4 year old, she carefully cupped the pearl in her hand and just stared at it. Apparently they had recently watched a video of pearl harvesting and this little "naturalist" was transfixed. So apparently she was very excited to get to hold a "real pearl" in her hands. She could see her reflection. It was a sweet, tender moment of true appreciation and awe of nature's masterpiece. God's awesome handiwork.

Happy 2024! I'm back at work today wearing my custom graduated 3-strand 3-color Akoya necklace and a south sea floating pearl on a gold chain. Found all these strands separately and then configured this necklace.
IMG_3097[1].JPG

Black and Blue today! Sapphire earrings with my 9mm South Sea White pearl enhancer that has a beautiful sapphire tear-drop stone and diamond. The enhancer is worn on my 7mm black Akoya pearl strand. A fun winter combination.
It's cold here today, well, cold for Texas.
Hope everyone is well. The FLU is going around here in Texas. My nurse-daughter told me that they always guess on the flu strain and create a vaccination based on Australia's flu outbreaks, and this year the vaccine we got was the wrong strain for protection. That's why so many people are getting sick with the flu. Wash those hands and consider breaking out the left-over COVID masks for extra protection.
IMG_3100[1].JPG

Last edited:
Just checking in during a busy winter work season. I'm still enjoying wearing something different each day from my collection but unfortunately I don't always take photos. Here is a very simple blue/purple mixed color of 3-4mm pearls with my Judith Ripka Pearl Enhancer cross. It is such a cool piece that works well on pearl strands and chains. Love it with sapphires and blues, which I wear a LOT of in the winter months. Hope everyone is doing well.
IMG_3144.JPG

Here is a project that was inspired by @jeg ...she posted an amazing brooch that she wore on a chain and it was the inspiration for this piece. I had a "cornflake keshi" double strand mixed with tiny near-round FW pearls that I almost never wore. I wanted to see if I could create something unique from these odd cornflake-shaped pearls. So when I purchased a high-luster baroque large pearl necklace and the forum helped me determine was most-likely a freshwater strand and not South Sea, after restringing it, I made it a bit shorter and kept one large pearl off the strand because it had a "flat" side. That, and @jeg's brooch was the impetus for this pendant. I used the large flat-backed FW pearl in the center and then painstakingly layered the cornflake keshi pearls as petals. Since the keshi are drilled, I worked pretty hard making sure the drill holes didn't show, but unfortunately some of them did. So, I used some 14K flat headpin tops that I cut off of 14K headpins to fill the visible holes (the ones I used to make the Tin Cup strands and then repurposed the ends for filling holes in other pieces). I then added some near-round 2-3mm FW pearls where there were larger gaps in the design. The gold and the tiny pearls are supposed to look like "water" droplets on a flower. Because this pendant is heavy, I decided to use some lovely luster brownish/green oval FW's mixed with some lesser quality Akoya's strung on silicone covered beading wire (for strength) for a "chain." Where the pendant is strung, there are 3 gold rondels to support the bale of the pendant so it hangs straight. This is not an expensive piece, except for all the labor. But it is unique and fun, especially with the right color outfit. I get lots of fun comments on this piece.
IMG_3123.JPG
IMG_3122.JPG

It really looks fun and I can imagine it is an eye-turner!

I recently attended another Jewelry Show at the NRG Stadium in Houston. The Houston Texan's win meant that the jewelry show was only held on Friday and Sunday since Saturday was a play-off game. I was eyeing a really nice strand of 9-11 mixed Tahitian pearls from Mr. Wu (the same seller who sold me the green FW strands last year). He was willing to come down to $1,300, which was a really nice price. In the end I passed up on these pearls but did purchase 5 strands of hombre faceted sapphire beads. I made a fantastic deal on 5 strands that I plan to string on a multi-pearl clasp once the rest of my gold findings come in. I am in the market for a used set of mixed color Tahitians...just waiting for the right deal. I'll post the sapphires once I finish that project. At least, if that's permitted on a pearl forum.:ROFLMAO:

I just noticed your “inspired by” piece! It turned out great, and uniquely your own creation. Have fun wearing it!

Greetings everyone! I just posted this on another thread, but wanted it included in my pearling thread as well. I just love the subtle pink of in this winter top, and that the gray flowers match my solid color Tahitian strand. Like many of you, I buy clothing to match my pearls!!! Happy pearling everyone.
IMG_3162.JPG

Sometimes you just get lucky...I did when I found this multi-color Tahitian 11.1-13.4mm Strand of pearls with a 18KWG Diamond circle clasp on EBay at a pawn shop. My bid was finally high enough but only a fraction of what these beauties are worth. Near round, markings on the pearls, definitely, but they add to the character of the necklace. Let's just say I got the pearls for free, and the clasp at a discount! I had to restring them as the original silk was very stretched, but that too was a wonderful experience; making a new relationship with all these lovely creations. Hope you enjoy seeing it. I'll take a photo and post that when I wear them...soon.
IMG_3174.JPG
IMG_3175.JPG

Back