little h freshwater drop geodes!

Thank you so much for the interior shot!
I think I'd try a big chunk of sparkling, clear-as-ice something, just to see. I wonder how something rutilated would look...oh, it might be awfully heavy, unless a thin sheet of something...

i love what you're doing with the melee.

Fascinating and so interesting to see the earing in the making - I'd use the the rubies and the pink sapphires, from light at the top to dark at the bottom.
Can't wait to see the finished earing and of course an ear shot!

My first choice is pink sapphire but I would some pink peach sapphire with it to add some variation.

I might lean towards amethyst. I think it would contrast beautifully with the yellow/orange tones of the inside, while reflecting the lavender colour of the outside. (and I would love to know how many pearls have such different inside to outside colours!)

These drops are not large, like my souffle geode earrings which allowed for an ombre lining.

I am going with Hisano's suggest, the Burmese rubies!

Rubies! Yum yum, can't wait to see them!

This living vicariously is just too much fun when we get a step by step and choice by choice visual record! ♡♡♡ Rubies! ♡♡♡♡

To my surprise, my new geodes arrived today! Hisano absolutely outdid herself. I had asked her to surprise me with a little sumpin' sumpin' on the chain. She decided to add back the green that hadn't worked out with the peridot. She added splashes of color using tourmaline beads. These earrings are so "me" and truly feel custom made to suit my personality. I am so fortunate to be able to wear Hisano's art! Please indulge me -- I am going to post a lot of photos though they were taken late in the day. I'm in love!

pearl interior 1.jpg

gem options.jpg

overview 2.jpg

overview 4.jpg

close-up 2.jpg

View attachment 33905

ear shot 2.jpg

ear shot turned earring.jpg

overview.jpg

Wow they came out amazing!! I guess you went with Burmese Ruby - good choice!

Jacques, thanks! I did go with ruby, which I actually didn't tell Hisano is my birth stone and a stone I love.

Here is the official glamour shot!

glamour shot.jpg

Nice! I like how in your series though, in pic #5, there's a great closeup of the fine level of detail and skill involved in making this piece.

So artistic! I love the tourmalines.

I particularly like the drop being oriented with the point facing down.

Ohhhhhhh so beautiful and chic. I love the combination of colours! They look great on you. They look fun. Do they swing a lot, or do the gems prevent that?

Back