Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl-Guide Ruckus 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jshepherd
    replied
    Hisano and I are definitely looking forward to it! We don't have a pool this year, unfortunately, but the location is fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• juliebeth
    replied
    AW MAN i am not going to be able to attend. i am so disappointed! i will be in NM hosting my parents' 50th wedding anniversary at that very time. not that i won't also be having a blast, i just won't be immersed in pearls (and i will miss seeing everyone!!!).

Leave a comment:

• kojimapearl
    replied
    Mounir and I are very much looking forward to joining you all again this year.
    Thank you to Jeremy and Hisano for their gracious invitation.
    Can't wait!
    My favorite part is seeing the creations everyone wears, and hearing the stories behind them!

(I didn't see a pool in that video... so I suppose we will have to use one of the neighbors) :0

Leave a comment:

• pkinnew
    replied
    Oh I am still dreaming of making it...

Leave a comment:

• JerseyPearl
    replied
    I really wish I could attend...but I fear I will need to live vicariously through you all! I am particularly interested in seeing the Pearls of Cortez live and in person, as I have been drooling over all the photos shared. What a wonderful group of people who share a common interest, and varied perspective on pearls! I will have to settle for a good glass of wine while viewing the play by play photo blog. And if I may, be so bold to suggest, that the videos of the presentations from last year were so appreciated, these should be done again this year!

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    In Tucson -back in the early 1990's when we started doing the Tucson Gem Shows- I heard people talking about a "Ruckus" (same word) and I had never heard it before, so having this inquisitive mind of mine I actually asked why it was called "Ruckus" and I remember this man saying: "We are in the "rock business", so it is "rocks" and "us"...and it sounds better". Made complete sense to me!

So, I remember the first time I heard about the "Pearl Ruckus" I just told my self: Makes sense! A gathering of people in the gem business but the pearl being the star of the show!!!

I guess there could be an "Emerald Ruckus", an "Opal Ruckus" (maybe there are)...but truly: the Pearl Business is really special, the nicest & most passionate people I have ever met. I feel really fortunate to be a part of this industry and -of course- to be a part of this very special gathering of pearl lovers...the Pearl Ruckus really Rocks (Pearls???) our World!!!

I am all set to go to the Ruckus this year...before the 4 hurricanes that have been scheduled to hit our area this year do so (15 hurricanes have been estimated in our region for 2015). So...are you all ready???

I am!!!

Leave a comment:

• lisa c
    replied
    Oh, Pattye, I wondered if anyone remembered ickpagick, lol. I remember seeing the elegant black-tie-looking invitation, and thinking "WOW! These must be the most influential, sophisticated people in the world..." - just from looking at the invitation...

I still hope to get there and meet everyone, someday.

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Not at all-- if you go by the dictionary "ruckus" refers to a commotion, disturbance or controversy! I'm not sure how this term came to be chosen for the get-together.

Maybe it's a happy commotion.

The gathering was originally called ICPGC, the abbreviation for International, Consequential Pearl-Guide Conference, pronounced something like "ick-pa-gick." Mikeyy may have had something to do with renaming it The Ruckus, lol.

Leave a comment:

• KaySD
    replied
    Originally posted by enkeli View Post
    I'd really love to go to the ruckus - I watched the videos from previous years and it looked so elegant and like so much fun! But I don't know anyone and am more than just a bit of a wallflower... I can barely bring myself to comment on threads... (but I do read everything).
    I went to the Ruckus last year after only being on the forum for a couple of months. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, and I had a blast. I cannot wait to return this year.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Huku
    replied
    enkeli, you could always go on my behalf and watch every body and every pearl for me if you don't feel like talking!
    Like a roving reporter of sorts!
    I'd love to go but the geography stacks against me.

Leave a comment:

• newberry
    replied
    Originally posted by enkeli View Post
    I'd really love to go to the ruckus - I watched the videos from previous years and it looked so elegant and like so much fun! But I don't know anyone and am more than just a bit of a wallflower... I can barely bring myself to comment on threads... (but I do read everything).
    Believe it or not but we all started out just like you. If at all possible please come because you will be welcomed with open arms and go home and count the days until you will come out and see us all again next year

Leave a comment:

• BAS
    replied
    Oh, we are a very friendly bunch and would welcome you with open arms. Pipe in, my pearl peeps!

Leave a comment:

• enkeli
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KaySD
    replied
    That is a gorgeous property! It looks like it is very close to PP too. I am so looking forward to that weekend.

Leave a comment:

• BAS
    replied
    Jeremy and Hisano -- thank you for providing us with such anticipatory excitement! I can hardly wait for the most marvelous weekend of the year!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X