ICPGC - Pearl Guide Ruckus!

jshepherd

We are working out the final details of this upcoming pearly weekend! There will be a lot of prep next week, but everything seems to be coming together!

For those of you coming, would you please send me a PM with your flight information (coming and going) and how many in your party asap. If you are driving, I would also like to know so we can coordinate how much transportation will be needed to and from the gem show and show and tell.

The party transportation will be covered from all, leaving from the hotel just before seven for the semi-formal pearl event!

More info to come!

I wish I was able to come ...if anyone can get on skype for any of the events I may be able to link in and sort of join in as I will be able to get online where I am (selling pearls!)

Friday Evening

Everyone arrives (or has come in a day or two before) Los Angeles. Most of the group is staying at the Marriott Hotel at 4100 Admiralty Way in Marina del Rey.

At approximately 7:15 pm the group will leave the hotel and head just down the street to:
The Warehouse Restaurant
4499 Admiralty Way
Marina del Rey.

At the Warehouse Restaurant we'll enjoy a hosted dinner and bar over the water.

From the restaurant, we return to the Marriott where we have a reserved bottle reservation at Glow, the Marriot's lounge a nightclub, open until 1 a.m.

I will be posting full details of Saturday and Sunday when I have everything nailed down!

Last edited:
Sounds like it's going to be a good'un - wishing you all a great weekend....
And have a drink to absent friends....:)

And have a drink to absent friends....:)

Oh, Sueki! You know we will! The only thing that could make the icpgc better would be more PGers - so start saving up for next time!! ;)

Hi Gail
I wish you could come too! I'll toast you and Sueki-Wendy and as many absent P-Gers as i can without getting too ruckus-y!

Oohh It sounds like such a glitzy fun good time- I can't wait!

Hey everyone!

There are quite a number of people who have joined the ruckus social group, but many have not confirmed with me whether they are coming or not. If you are coming, and you haven't sent me a private message, please do as soon as possible. We need a solid count for Friday night.

See you all soon!

Hi you lucky PGers who will meet!

Have a very nice time together, many beautiful pearls to look at and nice food and drink as well as many laughing moments!

Best wishes from Sweden member

Hi, I was going to come and plans and dates changed and I was so sad! So I borrowed the rental car (we were at the Disney hotel for a convention) and drove for 1 1/2 hours to go visit PP. Traffic was very bad. I was very nervous about driving in LA traffic but I was extremely determined, thank goodness for a GPS:D Here are the pictures of my booty, the necklace is from the dec. tahitian buy and I wanted to match some earrings. The pearl pendant was a pearl that I fell in love with and it had to go home with me! I had a wonderful experience anyways but I wish I could have come this weekend. Everyone have a fun time!

Attachments

• P1010726.jpg
    P1010726.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 45
  • P1010718.jpg
    P1010718.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 51
  • P1010721.jpg
    P1010721.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 45
  • P1010740.jpg
    P1010740.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 44
I wish I could come. I really wanted to go but wasn't sure if work load would allow me, especially just returning from vacation. I should have bought tix anyway, when it was $300 last month. Now it's $1,018. :(

Have lots of fun !!! Will someone take photos so the rest of us can drool and turn green with envy?

Jeremy, the invitation looks lovely. :)

Last edited:
To my mentors and to my fellow NCNs

Live it up !

And if you remember, please raise a glass to a passionate pearl groupie stuck here in the Middle East.

Love to all,

Saturday
After waking up a little late from the late night at Glow, Saturday is the day of the gem faire in Santa Monica.
http://www.gemfaire.com/locations/santamonica_jul.html
Apart from the regular gem show part of the fair, there are a lot of other events going on.

*Jewelry Academy: The Basics: $45 Friday 10am-1pm
Saturday 9am-12pm
Sunday 10am-1pm
(Q&A, demos & restringing/repair services) Friday 1:30pm-2pm
Sat & Sun 1pm-2pm
Tools & Cords Talk: Free Saturday 11:30am
Saturday 12:45pm
Crocheting w/ Wire Demo: Free Fri & Sat 2:15pm
*Crocheting w/ Wire Class:
$20, materials $5 & up Fri & Sat 2:30pm-3:30pm
5:30pm-6:30pm
Sunday 2pm-3pm
Pearlknotting Demo: Free Fri & Sat 3:30pm
*Pearlknotting Class
$20, materials $3 & up Fri & Sat 3:45pm
Sunday 3:30pm-4:30pm

After the gem show all will be heading back to the hotel to get ready for the party. Both limos will arrive at 6:30pm to take everyone to Pearl Paradise. The party starts at 7! We plan to keep the office open until midnight then back to the hotel!
Sunday
Show and tell at Pearl Paradise at 10:00 am! Bring your pearls!
Transportation will be provided to the dinner on Friday and to the party on Saturday. Among the group, about half have vehicles, so there should be no difficulty getting from point a to point b on Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

I will see you all at the hotel tomorrow evening! I probably won't be at the hotel until just before dinner as we have a lot of office prep tomorrow (for the big party, of course). Today's prep plans were put on hold with Josh, Mikeyy and Nerida's visit. We are starting the ruckus early!

Back