How Do You Store Your Pearls? Show Us!

You could take it one step further, which is easy these days with cameras on our phones and the ability to print multiple size pictures on your color printer...take a quick photo of the strand and mount that on the zipper bag! Sometimes when you have many different strands, a picture clarifies quicker than words. I love having photos of my pearls readily available...sometimes its just fun to look through the pictures.
Great idea! I could even print tiny photos right on the printable style tags :)

someone told me Olive Oil can protect the luster, but never try it.. :) i saw my chines friend and some Japaneses using like bean from (chemical) and swing it in the machine ...
I have used olive oil but just a drop

I use the “Prezerve” sterling silver jewelry bags to store my pearls The bags keep clean silver for up to 25 years . Many compartments. I label bags 1,2,3 etc according to importance to me . Imn emergency ill grab bag one and run 🤣

I use the “Prezerve” sterling silver jewelry bags to store my pearls The bags keep clean silver for up to 25 years . Many compartments. I label bags 1,2,3 etc according to importance to me . Imn emergency ill grab bag one and run 🤣
Silver bags have a chemical that prevents tarnish...I'm not sure what the chemical might do to pearls for long term storage...you might want t do some research. Pearls are very sensitive to different chemicals since they are a organic substace. Does anyone know what silver cleaner/preservative would do to pearls in a storage situation?

I know I don't ever use a silver cleaning cloth on my pearls.

Silver bags have a chemical that prevents tarnish...I'm not sure what the chemical might do to pearls for long term storage...you might want t do some research. Pearls are very sensitive to different chemicals since they are a organic substace. Does anyone know what silver cleaner/preservative would do to pearls in a storage situation?

I know I don't ever use a silver cleaning cloth on my pearls.
Its just a jewelry bag with tons of pockets . Obviously i dont clean pearls with silver cleaning cloths.

This is the jewelry bag its called Prezerve

This is the jewelry bag its called Prezerve

As promised, here are photos my storage system. Most pearls are stored in those simple flat pearl folders, marked with what's inside (Avery File Printer/Label printed on Clear/Black Avery File Label Tape). The pearl folders were the best price at nilecorp.com and they come in white/black/pink/gray. My cheaper or mixed bead necklaces are in the pink or gray folders. When there are matching earrings an/or an enhancer for a strand, I store those in little white cotton pouches that I make/sew out of 2" twill tape (earrings have a divider seam-see photo). That way the pearls won't get scratched and can be stored with their corresponding necklace.
My more expensive strands are stored in those lovely blue velvet center open display boxes (room for the larger South Sea pearls and more protected). Obviously don't need as many of those storage boxes. Found the best price on the blue velvet boxes on Amazon.View attachment 463361View attachment 463355View attachment 463362View attachment 463360View attachment 463358
In case of emergency which strand would u grab lol. I admire your storage and classifications. Nice

In case of emergency which strand would u grab lol. I admire your storage and classifications. Nice
That IS a tough question! That's why I recently purchased a FIRE/GUN safe and had it retrofitted with shelves so that I don't have to grab anything...it is all safe and sound locked away, even in case of a fire. It was peace of mind for all the time and money invested. It is in a location that allows me to easily access my jewelry to wear it. The cost of the safe was reasonable versus the jewelry/pearl investment.

That IS a tough question! That's why I recently purchased a FIRE/GUN safe and had it retrofitted with shelves so that I don't have to grab anything...it is all safe and sound locked away, even in case of a fire. It was peace of mind for all the time and money invested. It is in a location that allows me to easily access my jewelry to wear it. The cost of the safe was reasonable versus the jewelry/pearl investment.
Well thought out. Good plan.

Back