Pearls by the Bay 2024

I am incredibly Happy to announce that this year's Pearls by the Bay event is officially set to happen on May 18th! Save the Date!

The information right from Kojima's website:

KID00896-fotor-2024011112811_480x480.jpg

PEARLS BY THE BAY * SATURDAY MAY 18th 2024 *
TICKETS WILL GO ON SALE IN MARCH 2024!
  • Each year in May, we gather at the Casa Madrona Hotel in Sausalito, California.
  • We start at 10am with a light breakfast and coffee/ tea service prepared for the group.
  • Next we hear from a hand chosen group of pearl farmers, historians and pearl professionals from around the world. This lecture series is a fantastic way to not just learn about different varieties of pearls, but to meet the people who study and cultivate these gems. There is a heavy focus on ecology and the marine harmony which is VITAL to the health and existence of both farming and natural pearl existence.
  • We have a gorgeous buffet lunch catered by Poggio's Restaurant, and a cocktail reception at sunset.
  • Last but not least: We play PEARL BINGO for PRIZES, and trust me you will WANT TO PLAY WITH US. Every year, this is by far the funniest part of the day!
  • There is plenty of time for show and tell, and catching up with your pearl friends.
  • This is the only seminar of its kind .. dedicated solely to pearls.. and it is our honor to host this event.

It's official- I am coming as well! I have my ticket, reservations and flights. I cannot wait to meet all of you! This will be my first time also. I am taking the opportunity to re-unite with an old family friend who lives in San Francisco and visit with him for a few days before. I am very excited.

Douglas, be sure to bring your pocket UV, we'll have that natural strand from Jeremy Norris mixed Pteria Sterna / Pteria Pinguin (we called it 'Pteria Ptimes Ptwo'), we can look for the difference. I think Jeremy had them alternating, Marianne restrung it for us one time and I think she switched two pearls for improved graduation, so there should be two together (ptwo ptogether).

Douglas, be sure to bring your pocket UV, we'll have that natural strand from Jeremy Norris mixed Pteria Sterna / Pteria Pinguin (we called it 'Pteria Ptimes Ptwo'), we can look for the difference. I think Jeremy had them alternating, Marianne restrung it for us one time and I think she switched two pearls for improved graduation, so there should be two together (ptwo ptogether).
I sure can!

It was such an honor to knot up those gorgeous treasured pearls!

OH MY!! has it been 15 years! WOW! Very much looking forward to seeing you again and meeting your ever beneficial wife as well!
Sarah, from a long-lost folder on my computer I recovered just yesterday here is a candid shot from Show & Tell at Pearl Paradise Ruckus in October 2009! I see Marianne, la_corsetiere (Sheri), yourself and dear departed Caitlin.

Attachments

• Show&Tell1.jpg
    Show&Tell1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
Just missed a keshi lot on the recent SOC live show that would have made a super replacement...
Reviewing our pearl acquisitions in advance of next month, I realized we still had an interesting loose pearl stash, including two 3.1 gram lots of SOC keshis that Douglas brought to that 2009 Ruckus. I got them out together with some loose freeform abs, a keshi from Josh at Kamoka, and even a leftover Poe Pipi, on my first bead board purchased for the occasion. We all know how difficult it is to capture the complex colors of SOC pearls without great equipment. Anyway, I think material exists here for a nice replacement SOC bracelet for my wife, plus a couple other things…

Attachments

• IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 16
  • Composite.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 14
Back