PEARLS BY THE BAY 2022 - MAY 15th

kojimapearl

JUNTO ROOM PHOTO.jpg
The time has come!
We are ON for Pearls By The Bay THIS May 15th 2022.

Here is the link for tickets and more information:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pearls-by-the-bay-2022-tickets-301724023677

We will gather in the open air Junto Room of the Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa in the quaint bayside village of Sausalito California!
The event starts at 1PM with catered lunch by Poggio Trattoria and then we will hear lectures from :

The FAMOUS PEARL HIMSELF : Douglas McLaurin of Hermosillo Mexico.. marine biologist extraordinaire, reknowned historian in pearling world wide, keeper of all pearl producing species names, believer in all magic and science, reiki master, vegan and the life of every party.
Douglas has the rare ability to take a highly scientific topic and make it digestible, poignant and funny.
Ted Talks got the idea from listening to him.
An aquaculture convention isn’t the same without him and we are overjoyed that he is making the voyage by submarine to join us in Sausalito.

Our second speakers are coming ALL THE WAY FROM CHILE! Dr. Ruben Araya and Jaime Maturana (M.A.)

will be presenting how they
have developed the technology that allows the production of free abalone pearls. This technology has been developed with animal welfare in mind and is based on a sustainable aquaculture model, allowing us to secure the first intellectual property in Chile and all other abalone producing countries regarding the production of these exotic gems. Our objective is to communicate this knowledge so that it can be developed anywhere in the world, now that the sustainable production of abalone pearls is a dream come true. THIS IS AKIN TO THE INVENTION OF THE WHEEL IN THE CULTURED PEARL WORLD AND IT WILL BE THE FIRST TIME THEY ARE INTRODUCING IT TO THE PUBLIC IN NORTH AMERICA. IT IS VERY RARE TO HEAR OF A NEW SPECIES BEING SUCCESSFULLY USED TO CULTURE PEARLS .. ESPECIALLY ONE AS TRICKY AS ABALONE!

Our third speaker will be Jennifer Heebner of CPAA and just about every publication in the jewelry industry. Jennifer gives a phenomenal presentation on jewelry trends and pearl market trends.

Our fourth speaker requests to remain anonymous until show time... I have known him for decades and I promise that his TRUE adventure stories of hunting natural wild pearls around the world will captivate you! Part Indiana Jones, Part James Bond with robust dash a mad collector .. his is a phone call I ALWAYS answer.

AND OF COURSE WE WILL BRING BACK THE POPULAR : Pearl Bingo for Prizes

We are also planning a pearl fashion show around sunset.
There will also be catered dinner and wine, all overlooking the world famous Sausalito Bay.

Dress code is business casual with a HEAVY DOSE of PEARLS .. our treasured gem!

Come celebrate with others who LOVE AND CARE about PEARLS AND THE BEAUTY THEY BRING INTO OUR LIVES, I PROMISE YOU WON'T REGRET IT~
(also we have a 20% off coupon for those who would like to stay at the Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa)

Please reach out to me via email : kojimapearl@gmail.com if you have any questions.

WITH WARMTH AND LUSTER, SARAH CANIZZARO

Junto - Photo with Rounds and deck.jpg

It will be great to have Jennifer Heebner onboard!
Everyone should join in the Fun, the Gathering and Share the Love for Pearls! :arms:

Walter and I can say 1,000% it's worth traveling clear across the country to share time and space with Douglas, Jennifer, Sarah and Kojima friends ... the rest is BONUS!!! Our room is waiting and we are SOOOOOO excited :) Come play with us, pearl friends ...

And if someone reminds me of sharing my whale story... I promise it will be hard to forget :nervous:

OOOOH, I want to come so badly, but I cannot travel right now. I'll be there in spirit, but I'll need to see lots of photos.

I second BWeaves: I really want to come but it isn't going to work out. Lots and lots of photos, so I can participate that way!!!!!

Yes, absolutely you lucky lucky people that will go please do share loads of pictures! And a video of Douglas telling the whale story ;-)

Thank you.. We are SO excited about this event.. currently working on costumes for the fashion show models! WHALE STORY WHALE STORY WHALE STORY! Can't wait to see everyone again! moooooowaahhhhh Sarah

Yes, if I remember correctly Douglas, it’s a whale tale and a beer!:lmao:

BWeaves and Linda, I am so disappointed to miss seeing you this year. Sarah has quite a line up of entertainment scheduled. I hope many of you will be able to attend. Here’s the list of guest speakers from the email:

23819BD8-0F24-4C2D-82EE-6B46FF5E813A.jpg

Well, now that jeg has shared the news with us all...the lineup of speakers and included the information about the Abalone pearls!
I am a friend of Dr Ruben Araya of the University of Antofagasta in Chile, where this research took place.

And... I've got a brand-new article to share on this subject!

Hope you like it!

I'm really excited to hear from Dr. Araya ! How cool is it to hear of a new species being used to cultivate pearls in our lifetime!! Also I really love how they are open to sharing their methods with the world so as to promote a sustainable aquaculture culture!!
I went to see the Junto Room again today and we're working on some very cool costumes for the the fashion show models.. Looking SO much forward to seeing you all soon!
IMG_6052.jpg
IMG_6074.jpg
IMG_6078.jpg
IMG_6072.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6074.jpg
    IMG_6074.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
I mean...how many of us can say that we have lived in a period where a new cultured pearl has become available? This will be a unique moment in Pearl History and how many can say they got to meet the people behind such an exciting moment? Well, this event will give you such a chance!

So, don't overthink it! Just join! :arms:

And actually...my talk will mostly not be about Cortez Pearls but about Pearls in Latin America! There are some up-and-coming pearls coming from the area, not only these unique Abalone pearls from Chile :)

It will be great to see you pattye :wave: and EVERYONE joining in the Nacreous Fun! :grouphug:

BWeaves : I am not at the point that I can promise anything.. but we are looking into a zoom link for the lectures at least~! We have added on more speaker to the lineup .. and we're deep in the details for this day.. will try my best to make sure you can all be there virtually if not in person! All best, Sarah

BWeaves : I am not at the point that I can promise anything.. but we are looking into a zoom link for the lectures at least~! We have added on more speaker to the lineup .. and we're deep in the details for this day.. will try my best to make sure you can all be there virtually if not in person! All best, Sarah

Me too! Please...

Here is the link to watch the speakers at PEARLS BY THE BAY (( LIVE )) SUNDAY MAY 15th 2:30-4:30 PM (PDT)
https://meet.google.com/xus-emfn-ywf?mc_cid=129983e8fe&mc_eid=UNIQID

1RHq4ctwEEhxjW13lfu3c-B2oojG-Jf8bcM8rsJMCgZKczJ1P9Gw9tMzEAZUNp0iM7dDfPuU4lIGyVw-tuJAlIRCObmCiRMTy-RXbxZEzyCsSfrqksCpYQTpQlKle1cI5lrdaMI2pZZ7rF1Ts7-okzDjexwEi-D_bZzUkSGRbcvyCS2SLQac-qo=s0-d-e1-ft
lpYqpNQIsS57Y7OpNQKPlviFz6u5L6lbOcGqOUZ4KfRqm15htXo6q8osTMZ1h8rzaPesoFJggKjRftiz-6VtZRqkXB7dHnQCj0Xvt8yLcULwPLIAgqUn_2JN3rvTBa_anh2_rINN43kZrUjGzYXgorfxaV4nzuI29BliT3IMUYEpIaCsUkQYYLxD=s0-d-e1-ft
K5jFrQSUsuKask1yT7fTQhnKKX3ZwTZzQR-CRCcwje7XuipAQmEr7SGqt6yIYo_nxvsX6g2YsnP7EOzJ5PUj04rVNyMX8zd4aDTUb_Qa9IY76onpnkgZuEl4VXRcblemlNyIDj_ni7S0aIuZh56HvKtRiuvpZT2qDG1OiPpCnW7h7pP2GH9ho8I=s0-d-e1-ft
CULTURED ABALONE PEARLS!!! OH MY!

Joining us from Chile : Dr. Rubén Araya is an aquaculture engineer trained at the University of Antofagasta and with a PhD in Microbiology & Environmental Sciences from the University of Osaka, Japan. His research has focused on the interaction of microorganisms with marine invertebrates and since 2012 he has been developing research and development activities related to the production of pearls in abalone". Not only has Dr. Araya and his team successfully cultured bead nucleated abalone pearls, they are sharing the technology with the world in an effort to support sustainable aquaculture! (because generous are the real pearls)
s-NzbCUfSwVYFXULfYyS3TNIkQAFA_69qskSNhwdFO9nPnuQEeJALnX4pioAPoEez7joSkHYYZyhoNgNCy3aomANtLQnphIqZtN-3NJBN9mc2WZO9aUoo9gmRmEeno3Q_gR7-gqlmOgJiQ9enmdMULDuP4MKKXboSTKUi5Qiupn_neZVQPHaenQ=s0-d-e1-ft
TY_J0_2nxefLR9Kiu-GJ0kL8kHYyt-NLdVnwr_MmamUL3GRYGqr0wQqZNjUfsIRJMwWb2zPInpXg1a42h1qWnkdF7VO1HGbF-BHLyb8eSR4XIqVSLANKWEIS99XWH5Ql1detHj7X2_hwxPnf2Gegsp2Wm7TQqLPS_PqRX2vqLv5sGJXc-Zm5ofjr=s0-d-e1-ft
HISTORY OF PEARLS IN THE SEA OF CORTEZ, MEXICO!

Joining us from Hermosillo, Mexico : Douglas McLaurin is a marine biologist, founder of the Sea of Cortez pearl farm in Guaymas, Mexico, phenomenal public speaker, world renowned Mexican pearl historian, keeper of all pearl producing species names, and the life of every party. His lectures are not to be missed, TED talks actually got the idea from Douglas!
fuHFDOuU6rgfgAnXhw82MDEllT5IbJbMssZx-5nqI0xuvEOTg0E19xOHMRvC6UO704FcwvVP7rXFfJuZbAWh_JwZXYQRLtrKANauyM-6cTwHMhG7gH9GYYu8Rhzx2K_EVfcTJSOJvBqkmShq2GzWGO4rS3dncJ0d92yKtDm5zqjMbEEg_ZU0exs=s0-d-e1-ft
M_OcDhYP4uuEiOmXDoYEVOeDlAC17WYnXKPDO2WXoRYPoIQGyDLj3MQiGqooAUylUa7BvWhMkrIHmLGmKISgBuOvCe-0DpS3I8uw6sTRGiavoHxEIYoJ6ZlBAVBkHYRz-gvYmwI0beBkL-jTTOC37kuKFOK9vCIkglqpQAZ09al0piF3dGLsQEQ=s0-d-e1-ft
m1-C6CmNXaeOBRFthiYtu0COTEEboSE-uMzFPNdACEeSQozzWLxmUAEp3A1nUG3lSr5zO4Mt5iw67ZbNIrVs75Je8Xn5WxBZKBVEc7LrXg9fgH4CJTBoPZIB7bMSwZc9Qnwe7ooro3EoZaxkulU19zxlFDWbJ3s18O6HbGjH2yQkSxTYt3stlNY=s0-d-e1-ft
HISTORY OF PEARLING IN THE MIDDLE EAST

Joining us from an undisclosed location: Mr. Bell is a historian and renown expert on natural pearls from the Middle East. He lives with his partner in life known only as Miss Walker. It is witnessed by some and rumored by many that they do address one another in private as Mr. Bell and Miss Walker. As a dealer of natural pearls Mr. Bell travels the world and may show up unexpectedly in the far reaches of the globe wherever there may be interest in the sale or purchase of such a rarity. He is regarded throughout the Middle East as the authority on natural pearls, a subject, which is dear to the heart of the Arab world. It is believed that in order for a pearl to be worthy of adorning a Muslim, the pearl must have occurred naturally and taken form with out the provocation of human hands. In this regard the natural pearl is considered by the devout of the Islamic faith as a pure and holy gem sent directly from God. Mr. Bell routinely appears in the Middle East to address international pearl symposiums where his eloquence on the subject of the holy pearl is legendary. He has gained the respect of gem collectors around the world and is considered by many who seek his counsel in the purchase of natural pearls, to have the last word.
1CXjGxM6gidT-wCME2RocMYEVLypd8kXDU8fpl1pqmw0gA5uw2jgnszhMqkr1VLo-R6Nl8Gt-49v7-_qpNbYvLbFqxB01oXSDDa5T168jn--5rPud7ckQOwfwHTc_k9117N36CSGna-bHNq69ZC3VBtHBH2gmxzc5SURi9CygcYeu1QHiVdyEoo=s0-d-e1-ft
0B5wxFURt9-xXOQYCej23_Pa2fqUtgx2sVi8mKt1qK5CqnYicggwlVKxW0TpN4ip-Dq_ILgPdV_bBJBo9-bbnCXNmtQt9bVeZzqngH2W_jhYXUSBRwVHroEiGMBmiBhUwg9opjzCppLMivApqjrNLkF0vnfO_ATBkbdkXzm0J0uXbTKEJEF9BGM=s0-d-e1-ft
PEARL JEWELRY TRENDS AND EMERGING DESIGNERS TO LOOK FOR
Joining us from the “other coast” : Jennifer Heebner is an award-winning journalist who has been covering fine jewelry for more than 23 years. She travels to major jewelry shows around the world to stay current with designs and follows international fashion week trends to interpret how jewelry and clothes work together for seasons ahead. She works in New York City, is the immediate past president of the Women’s Jewelry Association, has seen golden pearl farming firsthand in the Philippines, loves dogs (and animal selfies), and likes to think she knows how to samba. :)
SNThdHpZpy4wYgxm44QxlQnVRmBtBOq2N3RmIVVJyuu-q3-Mrto73eSBlf_DLBIR9Uf64CTFU7bB8ZJRDrxWvRI2vJ1-gDf7HIt3uk4c8IJ_2AM39Qs5_jfj9m8gJZcXmOL2MhBSJHnYMnrCA2CAY3rR_t1MA-ORL2XSQ6gU8y0UU5qCDEfyftY=s0-d-e1-ft
BbbGbilXEWzTkDkILTHfnei1cB8v2eZkV0KI1yonyKPjIjqXpBfZYC_eXtTvg1cSwbklsxeAAFtrXX3jbN5C_4DP-3Kt_rLezEurFHHX_CvPaVAk5aGBESTYly6byMfN7aXqZPBmCGngeYym0Q9dzc9lu4CynQJmPqPVVUREcti5fAxmoNZFlZo=s0-d-e1-ft
Vf_yFGYrveXW-qXLVuI7-QhaTy1BX8f170cWm5VUIfeLHfyXxlPGtaL5C2DhXiVkAN53f2SLfi9dkX-NjuYYgWNFA_wmsg43uoxE8YoB-WpQsGCUVnuzQDUtVmNYXhlh4XV7ZGq1iimhQ1ryrDdd6VpLO0ID60_Qe9UFKC8sPf-NhrgD-3tjX8Y=s0-d-e1-ft
TAKAROA, FRENCH POLYNESIA : THE HISTORY OF THIS FAMOUS PEARLING ATOLL
Joining us from Takaroa, French Polynesia : Alex Collins was born in Mexico City to an Irish-American father and a Chinese-Polynesian mother.

After university, he opened a black pearl jewelry store with his brother in La Jolla California. As his interest in pearls ran parallel to discovering his deep ancestral roots in Polynesia. Tracing his Chinese-Polynesian side back to pre-European contact..he uncovered extensive family properties in far away islands. One of which was the epicenter of the Tahitian pearl world , the island of Takaroa. He discarded his “western” ideals, formalities and education and plunged head first into the murky primitive waters of Takaroa.. that was 1999.. the rest is history.
XKZg33t2nezdP8EYJj4HNGPh9S_K5jJWkxcHciuyz4LT_xhnBAC7iVwizYr20rVk-UwKt-iHt4V-OISQwDGMRwWZT7nZ1qEQ6Iv7eh-ONMKYjzOEOHBHdG0SJuAbXFrTWeriiZFoBgoEK-DVQSxMR7CZ7hzq_8qU1pfQOiwYfe9Q5zmFA2PlE_w=s0-d-e1-ft
x27Elt-JWeqbHjfklzxcz5j0-pO20pwSpeOxXCQondMpZxUvcUlDQhsMAickJvWEj1vplTJKS6uOHLdtKQDemDEQaI-qi9PfuMOX156RYEWgLkU7Kp--vCjh-NjDc-59iVioHS8UErz1V_bcaLvERFH9efcVp2m7K0MaSlBnWWRswigykRYtbgA=s0-d-e1-ft
OBSERVATIONS OF PEARL CONSUMERS :

A LIFE LONG STUDY

Joining us from his own Pearliverse: Fuji Voll owner of Pacific Pearls, and ten thousand wildly true stories, spent his life around pearls. Naturally disposed to be completely uninterested in “perfect” pearls, he will elaborate on why they are often a horrible representation of high quality. He is here to tell you what the marketing neglected to mention.

Back