A Beader Special

I initially wanted the rounds, but wasn't sure what to do with them... then I realized I needed them for the one gift my mother requested, so I nabbed some of those as well. Quite thrilling... can't wait to take each one out and admire. :D

I know, my fingers are itching to back to the site. Even though my husband said "no more buying!"
:rolleyes:

Wow. I missed the initial onslaught. The sale started right after I left for the doctor's office. Were there items that were sold that were removed from the current page? I did not see any rounds that people were discussing. And only 2 items had sold on them.

Congrats to the person that got the baroques. I am drooling at its picture.

I went food shopping just before Jeremy posted that the sale might be up this afternoon-- then took my daughter to look for clothes...just home now!

Everything is so pretty but I'm saving for something else, non-pearl related. So I must abstain this time around. Nice, very very nice baroques though! It would be fun to see a close up picture of them.

I did not see any rounds that people were discussing. And only 2 items had sold on them.

The rounds are drilled, and they should be located at the bottom right hand corner of the page, in a zipped up bag :)

DK :)

Oh, those. I thought you meant hanks of round. I saw the drilled ones. That's really too much for my use though.

Yikes! I came home form a bad day at work and lounged around gulping Advil and gnawing on Cheetos before getting online - wish I had checked in a bit sooner! I did manage to snag a bag of the rounds but wasn't lucky enough for the lavender strands (and those amazing baroques were long gone) I will wait a bit and if there are still bags of the undrilled, I will pick up one of those as well.

I am not sure what a $5 bag of sugar is, but 200 grams is enough to make quite a alot of pieces. To give you an idea, 1 kilo of 7-8 mm pearls would make about 33 strands. So 200 grams in that size would make about six and a half necklaces - or one massive creation, which is what we are all hoping to see from those of you who got the round-bag lots:)

Science geek girl can answer this! 200g is 7oz or 0.44lb. Not quite a 5lb bag of sugar, but still pretty hefty...

Last edited:
WHOO HOOOOOOO I finally was home and able to get in on one of these deals. Bummed about the baroques. Those always go insanely fast!!!

Just ordered the coin bundle for Mama for Christmas she LOVES coins. She will be thoroughly surprised for Christmas!!! They look gorgeous in the picture! If she is thrilled with them as I think she will be; Jeremy she will definitely want to adopt you! Family and all! LOL...

This will also give her something to play with while she recovers from knee surgery in January...! I am off again to visit them for the holidays dad is slowly recovering from his surgery in time for mama to have her knees replaced both of them. I will not be around for a while due to no internet access...

Happy Holiday Season Everyone!!!

cheers

Ashby

Last edited:
How rare is a fancy surface like that? Is there something that has to be done to the pearl or mussel to produce it?

And since I'm full of questions... is there a set time/date when the sale page will go poof? I've had a brainstorm about how to use more strands, but I'm trying to sell a few things I needed to get rid of some time ago before I load up on even more perfectly priced pearls. Motivation and whatnot. :D

I am surprised at how anxious I am to get my pearls and start playing with them. Do you guys remember this post: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/12000-post32.html? I have loved that necklace for a long, long time and am thinking I will try something similar but maybe in a 3-strand instead of a rope. (Ropes are great to look at and play with, but eventually they shift around and I begin to choke myself with them :rolleyes:) Also, I think that since we have seen a mixed Tahitian/GSS/WSS be referred to as a "Pelosi" necklace, I submit that perhaps a magnificent mixed FW necklace should be referred to as a "Caitlin" necklace :D

I have spent some time putting those bags together today. I think you will really like the pearls. There are a lot of freshadama mixed in and every color as well as every size. I am excited to see what our beaders are going to put together!

I have spent some time putting those bags together today. I think you will really like the pearls. There are a lot of freshadama mixed in and every color as well as every size. I am excited to see what our beaders are going to put together!

OK, you won, resistance is futile, bought a bag of rounds :D

BTW, when I checked out, no shipping cost was added to the total. Please take whatever is required out of the CC :) The cheapest shipping option will do, no need for FedEx as I am not in a hurry to play with them, thanks! :D

DK :D

Took me two days to decide, but finally I could not resist. I ordered bag of round drilled ones. They look on the picture good to eat... Having them will make me see the difference in Jeremy's pearls versus ones that I buy directly from a Chinese supplier. I never bought from PP other grade than Freshadamas. Those, I knew I can't have them from overseas suppliers. I'm waiting now for a treat !!! MMMMMMMMMMM . I have few days off work... they will keep me busy...... :)

Back