Who is attending the Pearl-Guide Ruckus 2016, July 29, 30, 31???

WHEEE! I just got the itinerary for Ruckus. I'm so excited and looking forward to it.

I should warn you that I do not have appropriate "cocktail party" clothing, so you'll just have to take me in my Supplex travel clothing. But I will wear Eowyn's Starry Mantle, because it's rather dressy, so I hope you won't notice the tacky travel clothing underneath.

I'll be getting to LAX about 12:30 p.m. on Friday. If anyone else will be there the same time, let me know and maybe we can Uber to PP together.

I'm going casual too, Bweaves: for me it's about pearls, which in my lifestyle go with denims and everyday tops.
I hope no one feels like they *must* dress in serious cocktail-wear. Just because there's, you know, cocktails. In a mansion. With boatloads of world-class pearls. Lol. Flip-flops and a sundress sound fine to me: When I attended 2 years ago, it seemed totally "Come As You Like".

Elizabeth

Wow, I'm so jealous but totally enjoying this thread. I can't wait to see the pictures and all the pearls!!! I just hope there's at least one photo of a tiara. More would be better, but I'd settle for one. ;)

Just show us the pearls, ladies! Those of us who aren't able to attend will live vicariously through the pictures and blogs we hope everyone will share.

OK, now you have me trying to figure out how to cram a tiara into a Tom Bihn carryon bag. I really don't think I can manage it, but I'm tempted to try.

HAHAHAH! I'm already in first class. I decided to splurge since the flight is more than 5 hours long and I wanted plenty of room to stretch out.

If my husband was game and would play along with telling the stewardess, "Her Serene Highness would like the free range carrot pate," I'd wear it on the plane, but he just rolls his eyes if I mention "Tiara" or "pearls."

oh, BWeaves, PLEASE wear the tiara on the plane ... for all of us ... and have hubby snap a photo while rolling his eyes :)

Hi all. I know Im new in PG but Im excited to attend Ruckus this year too. For me it all about pearl and meeting new pearl lovers.

SunSeeker, I'm arriving at LAX at 12:30 p.m. on Friday, so we may not overlap enough to share a ride.

However, if anyone is wandering around LAX around 12:30 p.m. and sees these RED glasses:

IMG_1200.jpg

and a bearded gentleman, carrying these Tom Bihn bags:

IMG_1188.jpg

yell, "BWeaves" and "Ruckus" and I'll turn around looking bewildered until you run up and introduce yourself as a member of Pearl Guide.

Thanks BWeaves. If my flight is delayed, I'll keep my eyes open for those lovely red glasses! Hi LD, I like your idea of a Ruckus tag, with some type of pearl embellishment, of course!

The first time I picked up Lillyfuzzysocks at the airport I recognized her by the pearls she was wearing. So just look at everyone's necks for the pearls. After seeing them on pg you'll know exactly who they are.

OMG, there better be big name tags with really big print and both our online and real names.

And even though I kinda "know" you all, I still may ask you your names several times, and then say, "Doh, I knew that."

Back