Sea of Cortez Pearl Strands - Photos

I need to buy lottery tickets or start looking for a "Pearl Daddy". I want to be the person in Knotty Panda's fantasy! ;)

This strand is incredibly beautiful,
Speaking of black beauty (more or less black I mean), IMHO the highest are Abalone natural pearls with their range of fabulous colored overtones, which only the Sea of Cortez pearls can compete with.
Thenafter, only come the Tahiti pearls, but I like them a lot anyway,

This strand is incredibly beautiful,
Speaking of black beauty (more or less black I mean), IMHO the highest are Abalone natural pearls with their range of fabulous colored overtones, which only the Sea of Cortez pearls can compete with.
Thenafter, only come the Tahiti pearls, but I like them a lot anyway,
Maybe Jeremy, Blaire or someone could update us on the relentless pursuit of abalone rounds?

Yarr! Tis a beAuty indeed! I'm plying my way eastward at the moment t' fetch a chest 'o silver and the precious grog of the coast, but it seems there be finer treasure by far in yon Cortez waters...

Love you guys - life is utter madness but I wanted to bid you a fond Ahoy from the road on this best of all days ;-)

Josh

I have been reading this forum as I am new to the world of pearls. The photo of the "Stella Maris" (Stars of the Sea) strand is stunning. The owner has named it appropriately. I had no idea that you " only produce ONE PEARL STRAND PER YEAR of this quality."

jerlin referred me to read about Sea of Cortez cultured pearls and it has been a fascinating education.

Wishing you only the best as you continue to recover from "Jimena" :)

"Stella Maris" is beyond beautiful! Are there pictures available on the other pearl strands?

Although mine are baroques, I have a few photos. of my Cortez strands on this site.
One of them is my avatar.
I think there is another on the "Show Us Your Pearls" forum too. :)

That's easy Pattye,
I'm always bad tempered in the morning 'till I've had several cups of coffee, so I choose the pearls which will cheer me up the quickest......:D

And those pearls will be whatever looks good on the particular day.:)

Hi Precious Pearl.
The Stella Maris is from the hard work of Douglas of Sea of Cortez Pearls fame. I'd like to stake claim to it that's for sure. Geez though, with all the struggles Douglas and his crew are going through, I hope everyone reading this who is on the verge of purchasing pearls of his, will reach into their pockets and support what he's doing by buying his beautiful pearls.

A year later... but here it is... temporarily named "Bicentennial", this is 2010's best Cortez Pearl Necklace. Basically consisting of 49 near-round & round pearls in size between 8.7 and 11.6 mm. Multicolored (as usual) and made with A+ and Gem grade pearls only...

Remember the beautiful deep purple pearl with intense green overtone that came out during the first days of this year's harvest? It ended up as the centerpiece...the necklace contains pearls from the 2007 to 2010 harvests.

We also have 2 additional pearl necklaces for this year, but you can more information and photos at our blog: http://www.perlas.com.mx/blog/?p=223

Attachments

• Collage-Collar-PMC-2010-Ult [640x480].jpg
    Collage-Collar-PMC-2010-Ult [640x480].jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Collar 2010 ULTIMATE 018 [640x480].jpg
    Collar 2010 ULTIMATE 018 [640x480].jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Collar 2010 ULTIMATE 017 [640x480].jpg
    Collar 2010 ULTIMATE 017 [640x480].jpg
    14 KB · Views: 37
  • Collar 2010 ULTIMATE 009 [640x480].jpg
    Collar 2010 ULTIMATE 009 [640x480].jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 41
Congratulations on another colorful masterpiece and thanks so much for the lustrous photos. ;)

Back