Sea of Cortez Pearl Strands - Photos

Are we any closer to this year's photos???? Your pearls are breathtaking.

Trying hard...little time, loads of work and Enrique has had a terrible time with his daughter's brain operation, so I feel like I lost and eye and an arm without him. We haven't even been able to sort the pearls out but we do have a nice baroque pearl necklace ready (thanks to the constant attention of my associate Manuel Nava)...beautiful colors, chunky baroques measuring 8.4 to 11.4 mm, 45 pearls...all from this year's (2011) pearl harvest. We'll hopefully be able to produce at least another limited edition Cortez Pearl necklace to show at the Pearl Ruckus...

Pearl Necklace 2011-A 004 [640x480].jpgPearl Necklace 2011-A 005 [640x480].jpgPearl Necklace 2011-A 003 [640x480].jpgPearl Necklace 2011-A 002 [640x480].jpg

I am shocked and sorry to hear about Enrique's family's trials. I wish them the best in a full recovery.

That baroque necklace is absolutely gorgeous. I love the baroque shapes. In this case, they make the necklace look natural. My favorite SofC necklace so far!

Congratulations on an astounding harvest!!!

Beautiful, beautiful necklace Douglas can't wait to see the other one at the Ruckus. Baroques are my favorite. Paryers and good wishes for Enrique and his family. There is nothing worse than a childs illness for a parent.

I wish a prompt recovery to Enrique 's daughter, don't know him, but in a way, having a bunch of SoC keshis is having something from you all over there ...
how can I add something about those pearls I am so fond of ?
the variety of overtones is amazing, and the surface seems "hammered" due to the thickness of nacre ...
Once you have seen those pearls, you cannot forget them...

Last edited:
Indeed Anna...we work intensively on our pearls so each little pearl holds our sweat, blood & tears...but also our Hopes for the Future and our Love for the Sea of Cortez and Life.

The surface of many of our pearls is hammered because as you say: the thickness of Nacre is excellent. Manuel drilled these and he said that they are simply some of the thickest pearls he has drilled this year.

And Briana -Enrique's 14 year old daughter- needs all the positive thoughts and prayers possible. He is in need of a Miracle for her...we are all praying. So, in behalf of Enrique's family: Thank You All.

Thank you for keeping us updated re Enrique's daughter. Miracles do happen.

A QUESTION FOR ALL TO ANSWER:

Do you like this "possible" pearl necklace... my associate Manuel Nava is trying to come up with an interesting necklace design, using baroque cultured pearls and keshis...he arranged the pearls in a certain way and asked me. I said: "I love it!" but then he said..."Can we get a second opinion???"...Enrique is not here...so here is your chance to play his part:

1) DO YOU LIKE THIS ARRANGEMENT FOR A PEARL NECKLACE???
2) IF NOT: HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT???

Please let me know your opinion :)

Keshi & Pearl Necklace 001.jpg

Attachments

• Keshi & Pearl Necklace 1 (2) [640x480].jpg
    Keshi & Pearl Necklace 1 (2) [640x480].jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Keshi & Pearl Necklace 1 (4) [640x480].jpg
    Keshi & Pearl Necklace 1 (4) [640x480].jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Keshi & Pearl Necklace 1 (1) [640x480].jpg
    Keshi & Pearl Necklace 1 (1) [640x480].jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Keshi & Pearl Necklace 1 (3) [640x480].jpg
    Keshi & Pearl Necklace 1 (3) [640x480].jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 47
Sigh, such beautiful pearls, yes, I like the combination very much! So beautifully matched! Approximately how long will the finished piece be? Were you thinking you'd top drill the light colored center pearl? Might prefer all 5 larger center pearls together. However you string it, it will be gorgeous! Just my 2c, of course.

I love it. I like the randomness about it that quickly becomes organized when studied. It shows the amount of work involved in cross-matching such (typically) unique pieces that are already difficult to adequately pair.

I really like it and could imagine adding it to my collection and wearing it.

First, the pearls and keshi are stupendously beautiful. Almost abalone-like in color range.That layout of the pearls is very nice, but if it were mine I would alternate the big pearls with the keshi and make the final 2 pearls on each side the keshi. 31 big pearls 32 keshi. I have the current layout counted and memorized; I'd try it with big, little, big, little. It is my favorite pattern for utilizing 2 sizes of pearls and will sit next to each other nicely, each reflecting the other. Try it. Keep the pearls in the same order and you will be able to change it back easily.

What Caitlin said :)
But those pearls would be gorgeous in a little pile!

Marianne

my associate Manuel Nava is trying to come up with an interesting necklace design, using baroque cultured pearls and keshis...

I'm awestruck by this arrangement. Not for only the obvious beauty, but by what the piece says.

My only suggestion might be... a big teardrop?

I loooove the pearls. Personally I would prefer one or the other, though.

- Karin

I'm awestruck by this arrangement. Not for only the obvious beauty, but by what the piece says.
My only suggestion might be... a big teardrop?

Shucks Dave! I said the same thing...wanted a blue colored drop pearl as centerpiece...Manuel said: No!!!
Can't convince him to give up the "True Blues"...not many this year.

Well...thank you all for your input on the matter...we are changing some pearls and I'll have another pair of photos... do you like this one better???

Collar2 002 [640x480].jpgCollar2 001 [640x480].jpg

Yes!! Though 1-2 more blueish ones towards the top would be lovely.

I like that big pearl, 2 keshi layout. takes less pearls than your first layout. The first necklace was much longer, wasn't it?

The single Blue Pearl in the middle is like the Earth in a string of Cosmic Galaxies.

Alternately, you could take the chosen galaxies of the Earth Pearl, 18 big and 40 keshi and completely randomize them. That way one can put two or three big ones together even 5, once -as long as there are 9 on a side- on the bead board, the EP at the center of course, and scatter the keshi in random numbers between. But really, Pay no attention to me, I am just tripping with your pearls! That's what I am, a bead stringer! I can't help arranging loose pearls by eye.........

xoo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0ooOoo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0oo0ooxx
18 big, EP 40keshi

xooooo00oo0ooo0oo00oooooo000ooOoo0oo0oo0ooo00000oooo0oooooooxx :D
18 big EP 40 keshi

xo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oOo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oxx
28 big, Earth Pearl 30 keshi.

Last edited:
The 2 to 1 ratio is lovely. Would be happy with just the blue one tho :)

Back