Pearl Ruckus 2014

Very creative. I have a necklace roll that stores 15 I think. I may keep them in their boxes with matching earrings though. Will have to check the difference in weight before deciding.

Not pearl related but you can store gold chain inside drinking straws. Cut the straw to fit the length of the chain or thread through more than one straw for longer chain. Make sure the straws cover only the chain, not the clasp. Fasten the clasps together after threading through the straws.

I normally carry only what I plan to wear. There are some requests of show and tell of certain items on the other forum. I am still undecided whether I should carry more than necessary. We arrive very early on Friday with other plans and staying an extra night after the ruckus. Due to car rental return time, checking out time and plan to use shuttle/public transport the last day, I don't want to be hauling my pearls everywhere while I am out and about.

Haneleimom (Cathy) ... My pearl pendants are on gold chains, so your post is VERY pearl related :) I never heard this tip, have spent many a disagreeable hour untangling chains, and will go get some straws today!!! We leave Tuesday, and will stay an extra few days visiting relatives, so completely understand the logistics, and have some of the same worries. As my pearl collection is small enough to be "what I'd wear anyway", not too much of an issue; I am very appreciative and grateful to all the pearl queens who will "Show and Tell" ... how lucky we are! I look forward to meeting you and seeing what you're wearing, Cathy :)

Hmmm ... I wonder ... for short term travel storage ... wonder if we could thread small diameter pearl strands through FAT "smoothie" straws in the same manner, then lay them in a flat plastic box??? I'm off to my travel trailer to get that box of fat plastic straws for a test!

I have not been around much lately but I am jumping back in The Deep End, Headfirst!
I am excited and delighted to be attending this year's Ruckus. Though I have misplaced my tiara and can no longer squeeze myself into my court-presentation gown. I will see you there soon! With all my little pearls.

Elizabeth

Douglas, when I saw your pics my insides went flippety. Seriously.

Elizabeth

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
WOW! You ladies are amazing! I love the straw idea! I now feel officially "unprepared"! Great ideas for packaging.. I'll start getting packed now! Cheers, Sarah

Douglas, I look forward to meeting you and your two gorgeous friends! I hope you will also bring enough little friends to go around, since so many people are attending this year.

I will be more than pleased to see all my Pearl friends and to meet you too! I will not bring a lot of pearls...customs issues; but I will have some very special/select pearls to show from this year's harvest as well as my two friends :)

Douglas, when I saw your pics my insides went flippety. Seriously.

Elizabeth

Hello Elizabeth/Narcissa: I know what you mean. Really. But wait until you see them "in the nacre" as our friend Josh says...the photos are just so lackluster.

It will be great to meet you...you'll love the Ruckus! Jeremy & Hisano are SUPERB hosts.

See you all soon!!!

Transportation

Transportation

We are just about there!

A quick note about transportation: I know several people are planning to come to our office on Friday so we've booked a 15 passenger van to go from PP to the mansion in Palos Verdes at 3 pm on Friday afternoon. We've also booked a 24 passenger mini bus for Sunday morning (9:30 am) from the mansion back to our office.

Woo Hoo! Looking like we are ready for another good ruckus. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again and swapping stories. I understand our ruckus is growing and that we will be welcoming some new pearly peeps. That's great. Wendy and Bill asked that I explain a little about the nucleus and shell business. So, I will bring some along for everyone. BTW, I haven't heard anyone mention the HAT thing. Is that still relevant? ;)

Hope everyone has a great time!

Cheers!

Ash

I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Wish I was coming along - seems like a long time since our very first Ruckus!

I'm following all the preparations and excitement. Wishing you all a great time.
Waiting for reports and lots of photos.

Have a great time everyone, and I too shall look forward to the report and photos.

DK :)

I believe I will be coming out of LAX's customs/immigration at around 2:40-3:00 pm. Anyone else will be at LAX at around the same time? We can catch a ride together.
If so, please drop me an e-mail at info @ p e r l a s . c o m. mx (sorry I had to space it, trying to avoid e-mail harvesters).
Thanks!

Really happy to be a part of this great event again!

Woo Hoo! Looking like we are ready for another good ruckus. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again and swapping stories. I understand our ruckus is growing and that we will be welcoming some new pearly peeps. That's great. Wendy and Bill asked that I explain a little about the nucleus and shell business. So, I will bring some along for everyone. BTW, I haven't heard anyone mention the HAT thing. Is that still relevant? ;)

The HAT thing?!?!?! OMG
Please do explain...don't want to feel zoomed out ;)

Man! I can hardly wait!

Hi Douglas, Last ruckus we had a "Mad Hatter's Tea Party". I think you are safe this year :)

Mad Hatter's Party?!?!?! Wow!!! And this time?!?!? Should I bring my Hat?!?!? :cool:

Back