New tin cup project

JerseyPearl

Greetings everyone!

I recently purchased some pearls for very special projects...including this lovely tin cup for my youngest daughter. This is her graduation gift (she just finished high school!) She selected the pearls and the chain. The necklace should be done in another week. image1-2.jpg

I love it, JerseyPearl. Beautiful pearls, and the black chain gives it a very modern edge. She's a lucky girl!

JerseyPearl -- congratulations! Lucky you that your graduating HS senior wants a pearl necklace. Mine still does not. (Sad face.)

JerseyPearl, congratulations to you and your daughter! That necklace is going to be fabulous :)

BAS, don't give up yet ... remember the prom ...

Cathy -- yes, I absolutely had that in mind and she is just a young foolish 18 year old now. She has many decades ahead to come to her senses and enjoy my pearls!!!

Jersey -- please, please post neck shots for us to enjoy!!! A young neck and beautiful pearls are a match made in heaven.

Wow that will be one stunning necklace when it is finished. Congratulations to the graduate and to you for making it too :)

I love the tin cup, excellent design.
BAS don't worry I didn't start liking jewelry until my mid to late twenties, I guessed it's the same for you as well.

Oh, Jersey, i was never into tin cups until now. The black rhodium with colourful pearls are going to look fab.

The colorful pearls really pop against the black chain. It is a fresh, young look.

Congrats to the graduate and her proud parents!

what a cool, modern look! the black chain really makes all the colors pop. can't wait to see finished pictures, your daughter picked some pretty pearls :)

Thanks everyone! The pearls are 9.7 to 10.2mm and are all drop shaped. The photo was taken at the jewelers under their bright lighting. BAS, I have two daughters, and the older one claims that she just isn't into pearls. But I believe her mind will be changed once she see how spectacular this necklace will be! I have a few other projects in the works as well...Pearls are from Jacques, and they are incredible!

Jersey Pearl - love it ! Thats a necklace that will be good forever and never go out of style ! A great investment of time and $$ ! How wonderful of you to make something for your daughter..that makes even more special !!
I really like using black chain .. very effective ! That rhodium plating makes it nice and shiny ..and the pearls are really really pretty. ( Jacques does have some beauties!)

How sweet! I also gave my daughter a pearl necklace when she graduated HS! And she wanted to wear the same necklace when she got married 2 years ago :) (happy mom!)

SunSeeker -- how very lovely! I'd love to see a picture of her wearing the pearl necklace!

Back