New tin cup project

Beautiful, Jersey! How I wish I were in your extended family these days ;-)

I love the dark metal contrast with the beautiful pearls :)

Thanks everyone! I am not usually a dark metal person, but there is something about the black rhodium plating that goes so well with Tahitians. This was my daughter's selection...she selected the pearls, their placement (didn't want them all pointing the same direction) and the chain. The jeweler then assembled the piece with white gold wire which was also rhodium plated. This is for her 18th birthday (in Sept).

IMG_2381.jpgI hope these are better pictures! IMG_2375.jpgIMG_2378.jpg

Oh my, the dark metal with Tahitians is just outstanding. Thank you for showing the finished piece. I've been waiting for it :)

I would not have thought it, but that darkened metal is a wonderful foil for the Tahitians. It makes their colors stand out vividly.

Just lovely. May she wear it in health for many, many years to come!!!

Don't mean to step on your thread but I didn't want to start a new one for this one off post on dark metals and pearls :) Forgive me for butting in lol I love the black metal with the Tahitians as well...I've darkened this sterling to a blue green that matches Jacques pearls for a rustic look..the chain is the same colour as the pearls. Colour doesn't come out in photos but it's an iridescent green/blue.IMG_2822.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 34
You'll probably recall from the other thread that grossed you out LOL that I am a huge fan of dark metals and pearls! These are awesome pics!

Don't mean to step on your thread but I didn't want to start a new one for this one off post on dark metals and pearls :) Forgive me for butting in lol I love the black metal with the Tahitians as well...I've darkened this sterling to a blue green that matches Jacques pearls for a rustic look..the chain is the same colour as the pearls. Colour doesn't come out in photos but it's an iridescent green/blue.View attachment 36312

Oooh..colors are even more fantastic-looking in the newer pics!

Plus keep in mind you can always subtly hint (remind her) that she can have the pearls restyled into jewelry more her taste while keeping some in all their BAS glory!

Cathy -- yes, I absolutely had that in mind and she is just a young foolish 18 year old now. She has many decades ahead to come to her senses and enjoy my pearls!!!

Jersey -- please, please post neck shots for us to enjoy!!! A young neck and beautiful pearls are a match made in heaven.

Back