Natural pastel multicolor akoya strands

Lugana

A friend of ours just got back from Japan and I had asked his wife (she is japanese) to source me some colourful akoya pearls and she brought me these :) natural color akoya pearls in 8-8.5mm size and some baby akoya strands also in natural pastel colors)) the luster is veeeery bright, the smaller pearls are just like little mirrors)) love them)

Haven't decided what to do with them yet (I'm thinking about tiny pearl rope maybe?), so decided I would share them unfinished for now)

Multi akoya.JPG

The baby pearls are 4.5-5mm, very cute))
Baby akoyas.JPG

I was given them in bright sunlight, which makes them appear rather - eehhh - beige :confused: I panicked and rushed like mad to the nearest shady place to comfort myself that in the shade they do show some color))
Natural color akoya 2.JPG

Last edited:
You will be so ready for spring! Those are beautiful shades in the shade :)

Those are so sweet. Yes, a baby rope! Or you could mix in some of the larger pearls and then make a bracelet with the leftovers. Congratulations on your new babies!

Oooh.... such beautiful pastels! Can't wait to see what you make!

Lugana those are stunning! I concur ... Bubble rope :)!

pattye, Marianne, KaySD, amti, Cicadalady, Sanippy, Katbran, thank you ladies! :) to be honest, I didn't even know akoyas come in a variety of natural colors until seeing some posts here on the forum :rolleyes: *shame on me and thanks to the forum, as always* :eek:

JerseyPearl, I think I have some bezelled gemstones somewhere.. will have to dig them out and try, thanks!))

BWeaves, GemGeek, CathyKeshi, I really love the idea of bubble rope.. would look like candies))) will definitely try it and post the result! (even if it will not be the final one)

Took some daytime shade photos today (yesterday's were in artificial lighting), I start wishing I had more of these to make a longer rope))))

That's the bigger strand. Weird but I love the butter-y yellow pearls in it, never thought I would like an actually yellow pearl))
Multi akoya 8-85.JPG

And all together))
Multi akoya daytime.JPG

The pearls are just stunning!! I've immediately pictured a bubble roap!

JerseyPearl, Cicadalady, thank you)) I just love fiddling with these ones)))

So here is the temporary rope of baby pearls. Ta-daaaam. It's an OMBRE :) that's already version Nº2, sorting out lighter pearls was a real nightmare))) *and I considered myself an experienced ombre maker lol*

Ombre baby pastel akoyas.JPG

So. Who wants to see the bigger pearls thrown in it?)) Ombre bubble rope in natural color pastel akoyas. It even sounds delicious)))

Wow, Lugano. I love how you made an ombré of those delicate colors and overtones. Amazing. Can you add the big pearls so that they match the overtones of the babies? That would be magical.

Back