Natural pastel multicolor akoya strands

Gorgeous and the ombre is amazing. Adding in big boys. Oh well.. can't wait to see

WOWZA! I love the ombre'. And YES to throwing in the big boys. I think that would look amazing.

Oh, I love it!!! And another YES for the big boys to join in the fun!!!

Katbran, amti, BWeaves, kalmen22, Cicadalady, thank you)) I will rest my eyes for some time and then add the bigger pearls.. that was quite a tiring ombre) sorting out light coloured bits was rather challenging: never thought I would make an ombre from almost white pearls :D

Red, that's exactly how I see it! )) but I'm not sure if it will work out with overtones.. will show the result!

JerseyPearl, thank you)) I do have quite a few pearls left, but in pink and silver color. I think I will do some baby akoya tin cups later for my etsy and/or the market stall) I will try to throw in the bigger ones, but if it won't improve the look - I can always take them out) I want it to be a unique rare unusual piece for some reason))

Here are some photos of the finished ombre. I've rearranged it a few more times today, almost went blind :cool: but ok, it's sunday after all. I haven't decided where the clasps will be yet, I'm thinking about putting two yellow gold 6mm ball clasps for the strands could be used separate or together, but that depends how it will look after turning into a bubble rope)

Ombre finished 3.JPG

Ombre finished.JPG

Thanks everyone for the support!)

Last edited:
OMG! This is just perfect, beautiful! Please, tell us the name of your Etsy shop!

Cicadalady, JerseyPearl, Floridapearl, thank you ladies! will definitely keep updating on my progress with this one here))

Pearly-Whites, Katalin, thank you! oh my etsy is called TheLastPearl, but I haven't really figured out yet how it works properly lol so far it just goes with the flow)))) but I would be grateful if you could pop in and suggest improvements)

BWeaves, to be honest, I don't know. I've originally sourced these pearls for myself, but on seeing how much direct sun kills the color in these ones I started doubting this subtle ombre will be showing its best over here (we have 350 sunny days a year here, no rains, like a desert) And with having put so much effort into color matching I actually started thinking of gifting it to my mother-in-law (she lives in London and they have rain most of the time, I have already "dumped" some ombres on her before)). Selling it would be another option which I didn't think of before, because I've never sold anything that expensive :D I'm more of a buyer :D I still hope that adding big pearls would make the colors steadier under different light conditions for I could keep it myself)) I will keep posting on the destiny of this strand)

Evenings -- yes! I have to chime in on how gorgeous the ombre is! Yum!

Whoever receives these beauties, will be so lucky! Great pieces on your etsy!

OMG, you are torturing me again, Lugana! I love this more than I can say. I would do 2 orbit style clasps. It would look lovely worn with a certain other ombre set of our acquaintance ... ;)

Katbran, oh no, they do look lovely IRL. Very high luster and good color variation. It's just direct sun that makes them change and we have A LOT of sun here. I'm worried all this beauty will be a waste simply because of our whether. Well, direct sun doesn't do any favours to any pearl I guess :D but akoyas are especially vulnerable I suppose - they get that translucent "scared" look in the sun.. well, we'll see)

Marianne, GemGeek, good point on the evenings ladies)) and a good reason to go out more for me! :D thank you!)

JerseyPearl, thank you! I don't seem to be able to maintain even my personal instagram.. not to mention a pearly one)) but I will look into it, thank you!

Abi, thank you! I do have another present planned for my mother-in-law (it involves a blue south sea pearl and madama akoyas :rolleyes: ), but I'm not sure I will be in time with that one.. so this necklace could be a good back-up option))

CathyKeshi, Walter will hate me, won't he :D actually those ombre strands were the reason I started my etsy! Oh I remember I was so panicking sending them to you)))) good it ended up well)) I also doubt between orbit clasps and mini ball clasps.. will think about it)) thank you!

Last edited:
Back