My multicolor tahitians/Rikitea Gambier strand from Cees

Charlotta

I bought my first, probably not last pearls from Cees. He was so nice and I love my new strand. I told him that I wanted a colorful high luster strand of tahitians on the smaller side, 8-10mm, and that I wasn't to concearned with roundness or some flaws.
This is Cees pictures:
_20180828_101655.jpg
_20180828_101711.JPG
_20180828_101725.jpg
These are mine
_20180828_095043.jpg
_20180828_095141.jpg
_20180828_095228.jpg
_20180828_095254.jpg
_20180828_095423.jpg
_20180828_095446.jpg
I used the clasp from a vintage akoya necklace with really worn out pearls. They hade been well loved before I bought them because of the clasp. The clasp is in great condition, white gold and rubies and an akoya pearl in the middle.
Also had to say goodbuy to my darling cat last week. She got too sick. Both my not-husband and I were heartbroken. But at least she is not in pain anymore. We bought another kitten some days ago. It was too quiet in the house. She is a beautiful wild little thing that makes us smile again. My not-husband spent the entire evening after work cuddling and playing with the little one. She has no name yet. So, I had the necklace for a week but no energy at all until now.

Your necklace is breathtaking!!!! That clasp suits it so well. Neckshots please, if possible. Cees has the best colorful pearls.
Sorry about your cat. Hugs to you.

Thank you sushi. Neckshot will come. Also don't know the differens between tahitians and rikitea pearls, except for that the rikiteas has great luster. Seems like sometimes they are grouped together and sometimes not.

Rikitea is an island in Mangareva, a part of French Polynesia. The tahitian pearls from Rikitea have great colors and are more in demand. All rikiteas are tahitians but all tahitians are not rikiteas.

As suchi said, it's a location . The pearls are lovely and colourful. The ones I've seen are always in the 8-10 9--11 range . I just sold a lovely Riki peacock strand and used Beaders Secret Forest and it came out really well. The colour blended in with the peacocks.

Your new pearls are gorgeous !! Love those colours ! But what a difference in the photos ... Tahitians are so hard to photograph. Cees is great and a joy to work with .. he has a very good eye.

So sorry about your dear cat. :(

Thank you Katbran, Bweaves and Pareltje, it is a lovely clasp. I have been saving it for something special. They were very hard to photograph.

Tried to take a neckshot...
_20180828_152131.jpg
_20180828_152226.jpg
_20180828_152337.jpg
The studs are from Perlescence, I don't remember the size, maybe 9mm. They are tourquise and pink and quiet round even though the camera changed them. I can were the necklace with my other tahitian studs as well even though they are bigger.
Also one of my new kitten
_20180828_152740.jpg

holy GORGEOUS, Charlotta! I absolutely love it!

Katbran, Suchi - thanks for the information on size for Rikis - it sounds like they're up my alley. More things to covet :D

I am so sorry about your loss...
Plaid kitty is adorable!

Your Tahitians are outstandingly gorgeous. Off rounds and ovals offer such a fabulous value and as you can see, appear as if round on the neck. Love that you harvested the clasp and are mixing your pearls! Enjoy wearing them!

I'm sorry about your cat, Charlotta. Our pets leave a hole in our hearts when they go. But your new kitten is just adorable! May you have many years of fun with her.

As far as the pearls, I just have to echo everything already written. Fabulous colors! And yes, Rikitea is an area on Mangareva which is in the Gambier Islands. If you look at a map, you'll see the Gambier Islands to the south and east in French Polynesia. Like other pearls from F.P., they are called Tahitians. The pearls tend to be smaller, and younger oysters produce better colors and luster than older oysters. Being further south the water may also be colder there, which may contribute to luster. I've also read that the farmers tend to leave the pearls in the water longer, hence thicker nacre as well. My Rikitea pearls have better luster than my other Tahitians.

The clasp goes beautifully with the pearls!

I'm so sorry to hear about you kitty. It definitely leaves a void when we lose a beloved pet. You new kitty furbaby looks like an adorable bundle of mischievous kitty sweetness.

Your pearls look amazing...and that clasp is gorgeous!!! The luster is just glowing! Cees is great to work with! I bought a stand of Fiji pearls from him over the weekend, then went back for some multi color Tahitians. Originally, I was going to buy 2 strands but one that I liked was already sold. He got back to me last night with a couple of alternative strands but I couldn't really focus because of the pain meds I was on. I had fallen yesterday afternoon, hit my head & broke my wrist. I decided to just buy the one strand in a 20 inch finished with the harpoon clasp. I can't wait to receive them. These are my first purchases from Cees but after seeing how beautiful your necklace is, as well as others, I know mine will be fabulous!
I found out about him from this site & I'm so glad I did. You look wonderful in your Cees Tahitians!

Oh goodness, 86Corvettegirl, your wrist and head! :( And to be wearing a cast at such a hot time of year.

I hope the pearls provide solace!

Thank you Jesskat, JerseyPearl, Pearl Dreams and 86Corvettegirl. I am so sorry about your head and wrist, 86Corvettegirl. I hope you heal quickly. I haven't tried the harpoon clasp, how do you restring those? Do post pictures on the tahitians and The fidjis when they arrive.
I have just returned from the vet with my kitten, now she is vaccinated, chipped, inspected (for the insurance) and insured, so cuddeling with my n-h on the bed.

Wow!!! They certainly have luster and color! And what a great clasp! They look wonderful on you and fit you so well!

And I'm so sorry about your cat. Our pets leave holes in our hearts when they go, and getting another pet to love is one of the best ways to fill the emptiness. Hope the new kitty brings you years of joy and love!

Oh goodness, 86Corvettegirl, your wrist and head! :( And to be wearing a cast at such a hot time of year.

I hope the pearls provide solace!

Thanks, PD. Right now, my wrist is in a splint til I can get in to see the orthopedist. It will probably be put into a cast....it's a pretty bad break. It was a nasty tumble & i wound up with a skinned knee, bruise on my jawline, cut over my left eye & a nice shiner. Lucky that I didn't have a concussion. I'm sore today but the meds help. my son is looking after me til he goes to work. Hubby will be back tonight from his overnight trip. As expected, I don't feel like doing anything today. On the bright side, i won't be able to clean the bathrooms so hubby & my son will have to do it. :D

Yes, my pearls will be a solace! I may not be able to wear them with this sling but I can play with them. LOL

Thank you Jesskat, JerseyPearl, Pearl Dreams and 86Corvettegirl. I am so sorry about your head and wrist, 86Corvettegirl. I hope you heal quickly. I haven't tried the harpoon clasp, how do you restring those? Do post pictures on the tahitians and The fidjis when they arrive.
I have just returned from the vet with my kitten, now she is vaccinated, chipped, inspected (for the insurance) and insured, so cuddeling with my n-h on the bed.

Thank you, Charlotta. As far as the harpoon clasp, I haven't tried it either but find the concept intriguing so Cees is going to finish it with that clasp. The Fiji strand will have to be restrung by someone else. Luckily, I have someone here who is extremely reasonable for restringing. I just have to decide what clasp to use.

Back