ICPGC - Pearl Guide Ruckus!

Thanks Pattye !

Lots of fun and pearls to you all !!!

Wishing you all amazing times creating lasting memories with terrific friends and fun! Safe journeys to all of you.

Wait, is Nerida here??!!?? That is AWESOME!! We had quite a ruckus last night for my mom's 80th birthday, so I'm warmed up. Actually, since I've been on vacation and visiting folks since June 17, I think I'm over-warmed!!! Checking in this afternoon. We'll take lots of pictures. Wooooo-hoooooo!

Hello all, I'm not going to have the pleasure of your company this weekend because my mother is having a health emergency. We're not entirely certain what's going on at the moment, but her blood pressure is very low. I've already missed my flight, but I expect I'll be able to get that worked out later. Very sorry to give so little notice, but this was totally unexpected. Hope you all have a wonderful time! I know I'll meet you pearly folks at some later date. Post photos! :)

Wait, is Nerida here??!!??
Jeremy messaged when confirming wine delivery for Pearl Paradise that he, Nerida, Mikeyy and Josh were on the town yesterday. A pleasant surprise indeed, offset by LaurenB's unfortunate absence. Best wishes to Lauren and her mom.

I'm waiting in Sacramento for my onward flight to LAX and look forward to meeting everyone at dinner in a short while! Will also have my camera handy?

Oh, Lauren - how terrible! I hope she is doing okay. We will miss you! Best wishes to you and your family.

First photos from the lobby of the hotel in Marina Del Rey.

DSCN2465.jpg

DSCN2466.jpg

DSCN2467.jpg

DSCN2470.jpg

Thank you for the photos. Everyone looks radiant with their pearls. BTW, Blaire, you are very photogenic.

Boo has taken some photos with her iphone and sent them to my email so I could use my mini laptop to post them. Don't you just looooove technology? I am on my first Mai Tai....

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

That's Mikeyy in the back of the limo with Jeremy!

Last edited:
I hope this is the start of a tradition and I can make it next time. Beautiful pearls on some beautiful women (and men of course)!

Thanks Blaire ! and more please !

You all look sooooooooooo great !
I wish I could be there with you.

Hi, Here are the pictures of my booty, the necklace is from the dec. tahitian buy and I wanted to match some earrings. The pearl pendant was a pearl that I fell in love with and it had to go home with me! I had a wonderful experience anyways but I wish I could have come this weekend. Everyone have a fun time!

Renee,

Your pearls are gorgeous. Are these representative of the baroque tahitians on the PP web site? I've been saving to buy some, waiting for something that really grabs me, and these certainly do.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, I bought those from the last December Tahitians buy and I am very happy with them. They were listed as dark green body with peacock overtones, AA+/AAA. When I visited PP they had lots to pick from to match earrings with. I was glad I had help in deciding. I asked about the tahitians on sale now and Jeremy mentioned that he had a few more that he was going to list. He also mentioned that the export tax that was lifted is back again. I would think that it would be a good time to get your strand.
The convention looks like so much fun, I wish I was there just to see all the gorgeous pearls that are around everyones necks. Keep the pictures coming!

Wow thanks for the pics, isn't technology wonderful. Hope everyone has a great weekend visiting and sharing your interests in pearls. Wish I was there!
DFrey

Thank you for taking the time to share your photos with us! It means a lot that you would take time to "include" us in the fun when we can't be there.

You all look fabulous wearing those wonderful pearls - and big smiles!

It was a great night, and a testament to the power of Pearl Guide and the friendships developed there. Overwhelming really. Just a quickie here, but here are some pics.

Attachments

• hotel1.jpg
    hotel1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 44
  • hotel2.jpg
    hotel2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 43
  • hotel4.jpg
    hotel4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 46
  • hussies.jpg
    hussies.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 45
  • glow2.jpg
    glow2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 43
Sure was a great evening, and we've only just begun! For all you PGers here with us in spirit only, the shared passions and sense of family so evident on-line are even more acutely manifest in the 'real' world.

Pearl Professor seems to have an inside source, but someone should correct his following incorrect statement:

A list of topics? Who needs them??!! This is, after all, an inconsequential event.

This is, after all, the International CONSEQUENTIAL Pearl-Guide Convention, and there is no greater consequence than to publicly celebrate the eternal allure of pearls in all their variety.

This is, after all, the International CONSEQUENTIAL Pearl-Guide Convention, and there is no greater consequence than to publicly celebrate the eternal allure of pearls in all their variety.

I couldn't agree more. Thank you,
barbie

Back