Golden Akoya Pearls

They were the strands that started to change my ideas, too....

but I love yours.... so where is the neck shot?

Okay already! ;)

DSCN3306.jpg

OK, your neck shot is still pending but my breath is taken away by these. WOW. Congratulations on a gorgeous set of pearls, Blaire! Definitely a convert over here...

Thanks! I'm sorry the neck shot is pending. These pearls are little chameleons. Lighting has a big effect on them. ;)

They are pretty amazing - so much more skin flattering than white pearls. And that is exactly the right length for you.

Thank you Blaire. You are very obliging! BUT, your pearls looked amazing in the earlier photos, but just perfect against your skin. They are truly beautiful!!

Blaire,

the necklace is lovely and so is the clasp! :)

Lovely necklace, Blaire. I like the clasp, and the way you caught the overtone in the pics.

Thanks everyone! There are more silver akoyas over at PP = Muah hah ha!!! :eek:

GemGeek
WOW!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your akoya's... they are beautiful. There is nothing more exciting then wearing a new strand of pearls.

GemGeek

Akoyas are on my wish list. :eek: Yours are beautiful. Thank you for posting them.
Love the clasp on your so call" blemish ones", the new ones look stunning! Enjoy them in good health!:D

So, after succumbing to the lightest of the goldens, here is the unknotted strand...
DSCN3358.jpg
DSCN3357.jpg

Hope you like! ;)

Oh, Blaire, these are delicious!!!

Is there a little pinkish tone visible as well or is it my screen?

If there are gold SSP and gold FWP, is it really that good idea to have a gold akoya? H

How do the golden SSP and golden Akoyas compare in color? Does the texture differences affect the appearance of the color in any way?

Blaire, those are fabulous too! I'm going to have to live vicariously through your neck shots.

Last edited:
Blaire,

Hurry and string those up! Lovely! I would imagine that with the range of light to dark goldens, plus overtones, most anyone could find a strand that would flatter! (but one would need access to the actual pearls to try against one's coloring.) Good thing I live so far from LA. ;)

Is there a little pinkish tone visible as well or is it my screen?

There is a slight rose overtone, but in the sunshine they look very rosy! ;) Here are more shots...

Sunshine shot
DSCN3412.jpg

Indirect light
DSCN3416.jpg

Last edited:
Back