French Polynesia, New Zealand, and Australia...

What a wonderful article, Jeremy! Great reporting with nice pictures......I have not seen this thread before, so I am glad Barbie bumped it up after reading it and commenting on it! Thanks so much - I had a great trip with you all, though about a year late!:D

I had tried to get in on this trip and it was totally booked immediately! How about a trip to Indonesia, Jeremy? Keep us posted if you ever decide to do a trip of your own.

Wow! The pictures are great as is the diary. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and thank you for sharing it and taking the time to put it together.

Very interesting, Jeremy. The photos are informative, and your comments, as always, are illuminating. Hadn't seen this thread. I'd love to go see these places myself!

I had tried to get in on this trip and it was totally booked immediately! How about a trip to Indonesia, Jeremy? Keep us posted if you ever decide to do a trip of your own.

Fascinating mini-travelogue. No doubt you could lead an incredible trip if you were ever inclined to do so. :)

Two years later... I just read this again to remember one of the most incredible trips of my life. I would do the same itinerary tomorrow - Wan, Beattie and Paspaley! It was more than a vacation, it was a pearl experience I'll remember forever.

Strange, I just read this an hour ago. It really looked like a dream trip.

I really enjoyed reading this again. It makes me wish I'd met up with you all when you were in Darwin.
The sea here is stunning (well actually in more ways than one heh heh), the most beautiful turquoise colour, just as in the photos, but, no, not for swimming in. There have been cases of crocs in the odd swimming pool too, so I look before I leap in....just in case there's unexpected wildlife lol

It really has been nice to revisit this thread.. and I agree Cathy - it would have been nice to have known everyone then!
Nice pun, too, Cathy!

Jeremy wrote a wonderful article! I often think about how lucky we were to get on that first tour. ;)

My posts are silly by comparison, but I loved doing them. If you want to check out mine, which are mostly photos, with some later additions and video snips, check out:

I have to get my money's worth for those photos, around eight thousand dollars for tour, airfare and insurance. Now, if you add in the money I spent on the trip.... :eek: Now you know why I can never retire!

Blaire, they are not silly. I love reading them. I think I told you that. :)

Thanks. I hijacked Jeremy's thread. :eek: But it was the trip of a lifetime -- without question. Sometimes it comes up in conversation with industry people and they are always very impressed. ;)

As a new member of this forum I really like it when the older threads are pulled up and I get to read and learn. Thanks Jeremy for looking back, what a wonderful trip you took. GemGeek loved your pictures too.

It is funny how these came to be called 'threads' isn't it? In cases like this the threads really do make up the fabrics of our lives. I love the multicolored fabric being woven here by our pearly family.
barbie

It is funny how these came to be called 'threads' isn't it? In cases like this the threads really do make up the fabrics of our lives. I love the multicolored fabric being woven here by our pearly family.
barbie

You sound like an old-fashioned romantic! It's true that we are building something together. Forums talk about building a community, but it's especially apparent here. ;)

Gem Geek.
I have just spent the most beautiful morning I have experienced in quite some time. I was able to experience your fabulous vacation on U tube and soak up all the photos on line, several times.

The top grade Peacock Tahitian Pearls in the bag almost look metallic, like the Exotic picture. Is the photo true to the colors and look of almost a metallic luster?
Thank you for the link http://www.pearls.com/news2/pp28/ste...ew_zealand.htm.

Now, I have another several days of reading. I just get lost for hours!
I will have to take Jeremy?s tour next.

Thank you so much for sharing a part of your life with us and reviving old links for us to enjoy.
PS: You have a wonderful voice!:)

Thanks. You're helping offset the cost of the trip! ;)

(the peacock pearls look exactly like the photo!)

Back