Article about cyclone Oli and how it impacts farming Tahitian Pearls in JCK online.

Josh

Wasn't sure whether to post this in farming or here... Anyway, I'm really excited about this. I was asked by JCK to do a regular column. Still not sure if it will be just online or print too but either way, it was fun to write and I look forward to more. Stoked!
http://tinyurl.com/y8nrf69

Thanks Pattye! Yeah, they said they'd be calling on me for pics too. The profile one at the bottom was taken in the Amazon in French Guyana but you obviously can't see much. Anyway, it's an honor to be able to contribute.

Josh, your star is shining pretty brightly... well done, and congrats on the recognition!

Josh, that is a great column and I am looking forward to read more... Another great opportunity to get an in-depth view on tahitian pearl farming!
Regards, Sven

Great writing Josh. It's nice that your voice comes through loud and clear - very refreshing! ;)

Very nice, Josh, looking forward to read more - and with more photos.

I still don't get it: if the wind was coming from the west, why was the eastern part of the atoll affected stronger?

Wow, Josh - this is awesome! Great that you have the opportunity to share your perspective and wisdom.

I assume/hope that the photo captioned "An ominous day..." is yours?

That's great Josh, congrats, I recently subscribed and will be looking forward to your column. I think JCK made an excellent choice and it is smart of them to have someone write the column that actually lives the life of pearl farming. I know that through the hardships you have to love what you do or you would have given up.

Darla

Great article Josh! I look forward to reading more! I'm glad to hear that your farm weathered the storm better than most.

Finally we have a Josh blog! Congratulations! I will be looking forward to your insight and pics.

Ahe ... Oli

Ahe ... Oli

Hi Josh,

Cheers up!
Oli had also hit us in Ahe with an impressive strength, but fortunately, everybody is safe.
We also have several damages: a part of our dock had been destroyed by the strong swell ? and it is too soon to tell about the real damage caused under water; a lot of float have been drawn out , some stations were severely shake, etc ?
It is now time for a campaign of hard work to fix all that mess?
Glenn

Thanks Pattye,

I was at the last Tucson show, where I met Josh. He recommended me to participate to this forum. So, in anyway, I would be very please to participate to any threads of this forum as much as I can.

Regards,
Glenn Tehaamatai

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Much appreciated for sure.
Olga, we are inside our atoll, so within a giant pear shaped lagoon. Understand how that makes it different than being on the west side of a solid island?
Yes, Heidi that's my pic. They used a little artistic license in saying that it was just before the cyclone though. Most people, I think, know that I was in Tucson for the cyclone.
Darla you are very right.:)
Glenn, good to see you on the forum.

Back