100 Inch Rope Challenge!!

I would like to be able to contribute more ropes in the future. I liked making mine and have gottens some great ideas for more projects in my future!

Natalie took a glamour shot of my 120-inch rope at the ruckus, so I thought I'd share...

Sheri

Attachments

• 120inch-lowres.jpg
    120inch-lowres.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 33
Wow, very impressive necklace! And Natalie is really good ...

What an amazing photo Sheri....
can I tell everyone just how heavy that gorgeous rope is to wear... but completely luscious!

Got inspired last night to make a summertime rope - this one in FW 10-14mm and some druzy pearls. 116". Pattye - thanks the the continuing inspiration - I have a feeling this will not be my last long rope!

Sheri

Attachments

• Sheri's photos 001.jpg
    Sheri's photos 001.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 37
  • Sheri's photos 002.jpg
    Sheri's photos 002.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 43
Gorgeous! I love the spacers. I like the doubled length on you, too. Didyou put these photos in an album? I'd love to see them collected in one place.

Absolutly fantastic!! I love the color and the size. I gotta find me some monster pearls.

Sheri,

Just marvelous! Agree with Caitlin, the spacers look terrific with the pearls! And fab on you, of course!

Those spacers are just cheapo bronze beads I got at the bead show the weekend of the ruckus, but they did work well, and were large enough to cover the crimps I put every foot or so...

I make the excuse that the weight of the pearls would stretch out thread were I to knot the pearls, so I choose to use softflex cable and crimps. The reality is that I'm just a lazy bum... ;)

Sheri

The reality is that I'm just a lazy bum... ;)

You are quite productive for a lazy bum!
Love the rope Sheri - definitely one I could wear! And Pattye hopefully I will join this thread - my 6 weeks of almost continuous travel are over - one more major trade show then I should get some time!!

It's nice now that I can picture the lovely face that sits atop the headless photo! ;)

That gold pearl looks mighty familiar... The rope is awesome, so glad someone knows it's still summer time. (Not our school system that's for sure)

mm, was going to comment on the delicious GSS too..

Sheri, lazy or not, your rope is gorgeous on you! What a beautiful choice of materials.

Thanks to all for your compliments! That gold south sea pearl is the lovely pendant I bought from Mikeyy at the ruckus. Snapped it up before other lustful eyes could fixate on it...:D

Sheri

Back