18 ways to wear a 100-inch rope

You inspire me to make one of these 100" ropes! ..may be a silly question, but is it a good idea to include a clasp?

Hello SunSeeker, I am not an expert (that's why I ask the experts here!) but I think you need a clasp if you want to be able to wear it in a "choker" look, with lots of loops that are smaller than your head circumference. My suspicion, though, is that the clasp might make it harder to do the braids, perhaps it would show in the braid? But perhaps skilled pearl braiders would know how to get around that problem.

My pleasure, HappyHuku :)

I'm new and this is my first forum post. Had to say Thanks SO much for sharing this braid tute. My 2 sisters and I received 100" inch strands from our mother this past Christmas and where them for our lunch dates. Can't wait to wear the braid strand to our next get together. Awesome!

Thank you la_corstiere. I'll be braiding my pearl rope for lunch with my sisters this Friday. Can't wait to share the style with them.

Don't forget to take pictures, or have someone take one of the three of you! :)

Wow, wow, wow... More ways to wear my rope! Thanks for the bump, JerseyPearl!

Great ideas! I have a few sets that I can link together to form a longer rope. I'm going to try the braiding and see if I can hide the extra clasps on the underside. Thank you so much for posting! Very creative!

I have one that has been in my jewelry box for years & never knew how to properly wear it! Thank you for the ideas! I’m going to practice & use one for the office Christmas party!

Back