100 Inch Rope Challenge!!

This rope is absolutely beautiful! And wonderful colors on you...

Finally finished it how many months after the challenge was started?

My love of 'keishi' continues and this 104" rope proves it. It includes lavender and white keishi along with peach metallic stackers and large drop pearls.

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

I've made a few 100" inch necklace and over for stores... but I never took the pictures of them. Once I made a 180" inches necklace for a store, they store clerk told me it was for a country singer, which I totally forgot her name... anyways, I should take pictures more often...

The only pictures I have right now is of necklace I made already that are 70"... I think I'll make a few 100" necklace and post them up here pretty soon.

Hi cyens,

Yes, please post photos! You can also start your own thread in "Show Us Your
Pearls!" for other items you make, and we are not rigid, they can have gemstones and semiprecious included, too! Also on your profile page is a place to develop albums-----------we love photos!

Hi Pattye,
This is fun! I'll post some pictures in the album section.

I have many, I'm gonna have to choose some.

100 Inch rope Update

100 Inch rope Update

Good Morning, are you all enjoying and wearing your ropes completed during this challenge over 3 years ago? Or have you cut up and repurposed the pearls? Ropes are more in style than than ever, it seems to me. And if you've made more, photos are, of course, welcome!

As a long time fan of the shorter ropes, 60-80 inches, I finally went the distance, and completed a continuous rope of 110 inches! These are inexpensive egg shape pondslimes from John Tu, approx 9-9.5mm, strung on buttonhole weight polyester. I am curious to see how the polyester will hold up with the weight, 12.70 oz. Silk probably would stretch pretty quickly.

So this is my (final, lol) low budget answer to Miki AND Jewelmer, who drape their gorgeous models in huge long ropes of amazing SS goldens!!

Debuting at the 2012 Ruckus~"PONDSLIME DELIGHT"

IMGP4691.jpgIMGP4690.jpg

I still have my 100 incher, but I made it out of my worst pearls from the days when I bought by the kilo!

Other than that, I am sure I helped bring back the rope as there was NO ONE selling them in 2004, when I went looking. All I could find was a 24" infinity strand from Pearl Paradise. In fact, that was how I got into the forum at such an early date. I asked about ropes in early 2005, before the gem show, and I was told, on this forum, that ropes were for grandmothers and were completely out of style! (that poster faded away before I could say, "I told you so!"

So I went to the gem show and bought pearls for ropes in 2005. And I have worn them ever since!

I just gave away the one I got from Zeide made of faceted pearls and one huge pink "TransSiberian" cultured pearl! Actually she sent me an 18" necklace and I went to the gemshow in 2007 or so and bought another strand of faceted pearls ($1 a strand!) and made it into a rope. I was wearing it and a dear friend expressed her liking of it, so I gave it to her.

I personally mostly wear ropes with about 4-6mm pearls. It is such a 'when grandmother was young' look (or gt grandmotherly for many).....

I asked about ropes in early 2005, before the gem show, and I was told, on this forum, that ropes were for grandmothers and were completely out of style! (that poster faded away before I could say, "I told you so!"

I personally mostly wear ropes with about 4-6mm pearls. It is such a 'when grandmother was young' look (or gt grandmotherly for many).....

I adore the rope look, so all credit to you for helping re-establish it!

And you get to sing the "I was right" song.

I wasn't a part of the challenge, but I do have a 100 inch rope which I adore wearing, it makes me feel like a 1920s flapper, without the unflattering haircut.

Here is mine, wrapped several times around my 6 year old son, Isaac, and me, and on its own:

IMG_0759.jpgIMG_0780.jpgIMG_0782.jpgIMG_0779.jpgIMG_0720.jpgIMG_0776.jpgIMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0720.jpg

Last edited:
Hi... I love long ropes of pearls and have several long ropes of Mikis. I have a 52" rope, and I pair it with my 34" strand. I think it looks good togther. I tried to add a 3rd rope (my 38"), but it's too much and over the top. I love love love the 52", but I have to be careful when I wear them because they swing a lot. I would recommend to anyone who likes long ropes to get a 50"+ rope. It is a great length. When I first them, I thought I would double or triple often, but in fact, I am not as creative as you gals with wrapping them, so I just wear my 52" long.

Back