100 Inch Rope Challenge!!

Sheryl, how about posting the photo itself instead of the link? People can click through to your shop if interested.:cool:

Just being lazy. But OK I'll jump through the hoops.

Attachments

• il_570xN.321661944.jpg
    il_570xN.321661944.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 37
  • il_570xN.321537949.jpg
    il_570xN.321537949.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 38
Thanks! You know it is the photos we love in the posts, the links, not so much.

The necklace itself is a far better sales help than the link and that one is grand! I would never run out of fun rotating it and looking at the endless combinations. It has rhythms of the sea moving through it. I love pearls with rhythm!

I hope someone grabs it!

This one is probably too short to qualify for this thread, but it's a rope! and here goes....

7.5 - 8.0 mm freshwater pearls, endless strand graduated in color. A few of them are intensely metallic and it was really interesting as I was putting it together to see the range of colors for fwp and how they flow into each other, even the peach into lavender. My favorite is the gradation of pink to peach to cream to white...

View attachment 20282

Attachments

• Library - 7097.jpg
    Library - 7097.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Library - 7101.jpg
    Library - 7101.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 38
Thanks, Sea Urchin! I had a lot of fun putting together the strand, and you're right, it's totally sherbet colors. The metallic luster really makes the colors pop and glow. The graduation wasn't perfect, but I think it worked out in the end, because it made the colors stand out a little bit better. This one is intended as a gift, so I haven't gotten neck shots before it was set on its way...

I got these particular pearls at Care Ehret as a set of multicolor strands, which I imagine are reasonably easy to get many places. The fun is in sorting and sorting and then arranging. If you have OCD tendencies like me, it can be a little aggravating (in a good way).

I'm thinking of getting a few more similar strands from PP to make into a longer rope (for myself). The looped graduation makes a really neat effect. Good luck and post your results!

i LOVE these threads with everyone showing off their work! and i will take you up on this challenge....someday when i actually OWN enough pearls to knot into a 100-inch rope! LOL :)

Hello All! I am new to P-G and having so much fun reading through the threads. This 100" rope challenge thread spanning years was just wonderful, and so apropos with the release of The Great Gatsby. I loved all the pictures posted and these ropes certainly don't look grandmotherly. Some styles were down-right sassy (in the best way)!

A New 100 inch rope

A New 100 inch rope

Just finished my second 100 inch rope, so decided to post it here instead of "my" thread. It's a random mix of natural color cfwp in sherbet hues, 9-9.5mm, 14k gold fill toggle, with a huge 35mm pearl (over 1 1/4 inch) on an enhancer bail.

P1010413_exposure.jpg P1010407_exposure.jpg

P1010409_exposure.jpg

Last edited:
Back