Who is attending the Pearl-Guide Ruckus 2016, July 29, 30, 31???

The Swan it is. And maybe the Hamantaschen. I'm not bringing any ropes or strands, just because I'm afraid of snagging them on things when trying to wrangle suitcases into overhead compartments. Plus, I'll be going hiking later in my trip and I don't want to sweat on a pearls around my neck. Besides, like Purranha said, you'll see the classic stuff in the vaults.

BWeaves, If you look back at the photos of prior ruckus's you will see what people have worn. With the exception of Saturday night, it's pretty casual. Most ladies change pearls during the day just to let us see their pearls in person that we have oogled online.

I would be happy with us all camping on the floor of the barn you guys got married in, in between the tables, LOL, just to be with a group of pearl-guiders and plenty of caviar and the sound of the ocean. Lacking that, however, the place with gold pillars is just fine. :cool:.

Like BAS, I fly in, so will bring as many pearls as I can comfortably carry in a bag I can hug. I also sometimes change my pearls, and MIGHT change for dinner Saturday night. The rest of the time ... casual comfort rules. Walter prefers casual ... his idea of dress up involves shoes, long pants and a shirt ... so long as he carries my bags and the checkbook, I'm good with that LOL.

As we have friends & relatives in CA, we usually arrive in CA early, and stay longer. Caitlin, I'm trying to convince Walter to drive out with the camper, and park it overlooking the ocean in Malibu ... it's such a long drive from PA though, sigh ... I too love the sound of the ocean!

Last year, I brought most of my strands, plus a few pendants and earrings. A few people had asked to see certain pieces, and other pieces I brought to have with me while shopping to find matching earrings, etc. It's fun to be able to see other member's pieces IRL. It's easier for me to bring multiple pieces, though, since I just drive 2-3 hours to get there. I have acquired several new items since the last ruckus, so I may leave some of the "older" pieces at home this year.

Between Friday daytime and evening, Saturday morning, afternoon and night, and Sunday, I will probably go through 4 sets of clothes and 5-6 sets of pearls. The Saturday night party is the only "dressy" time. In the past 2 years, Saturday night outfits for women have included sundresses, nice slacks and tops, cocktail dresses, and even a couple full length more formal dresses. I'll probably wear a cocktail dress just because I don't get many other opportunities to do so anymore, lol. The rest of the time is California casual: shorts, capris, sun dresses -- whatever makes you comfortable. So Cal is warm during the day, but can get cool at night, so bring a sweater or light jacket.

I cannot wait to play pearl dress-up with my pearl friends!

Will there be pool/water activity involved this year? Wanted to know if I need to pack swimsuit!

We'll have to wait and see what mansion is rented for the weekend. 2 years ago, there was a pool available for those who wanted to swim. Last year, there wasn't a pool. I was so busy pearl shopping and trying on other people's stuff, that I never had time to swim, lol.

I am planning to come. Thank you so much for the invitation, and looking forward to seeing old friends again, as well as making some new ones.

For sure the goldens will be coming along with me this year. Looking forward to seeing you and your gorgeous creations, Purranha!

Red & KaySD, look forward to seeing you both, along with old and new pearl friends!
Purranha, would love to see Victoria and Emily :) I bring a swimsuit, but can never tear myself away from the world class pearls ...

ohhhhh I shall bring my Transformer BumbleBee so *ahem* *ahem* we can get PP to make some transformer enhancers??? :rolleyes:
IMG_3415.jpgIMG_3414.jpg

Bring along anything that you might want to match, or update, at PP. This is such a wonderful opportunity to see the pearls, especially those one-of-a-kinds.

Oh, it sounds such fun, enjoy and share for those of us staying at home please!

Thank you Jeremy and Hisano for so kindly hosting another Ruckus! I will be there and can't wait to see all my pearl friends again!

Thank you Jeremy and Hisano for so kindly hosting another Ruckus! I will be there and can't wait to see all my pearl friends again!

BabyNurse!!! here are some strands I would LUV to see in person if you can consider bringing them!
Your original HG Ripples and the oh-so-incredibly-blue baroque akoyas and perhaps your new Easter Eggs?
Gosh I need to revisit your posts cuz you have so many amazing pieces and it's so hard to narrow down!

Hisano and Jeremy thank you so much for hosting this wonderful event again this year. I plan to be there. I put in my vacation request at work this morning. Can't wait to see all my pearl peeps ;) and meet all the new ruckusers. It's going to be so much fun seeing everyone's pearls.

Back