Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

86Corvettegirl, I have found that if I edit my photos and cut them they don't turn the wrong way. I don't have to cut much, I have an Android phone though, don't know if it works with other phones.

Charlotta, I always crop & resize my pics but if I don't take the pic with the phone in landscape position, they always post sideways or upside down. I have a Samsung Note. I try to remember to turn the phone for pics but last night I was excited & forgot to. It's already hard for me to get good focus while in the car due to my hubby's fast driving. LOL Funny but this is the only site where my pics do that.

My pleasure 86C :) I won't be much help in the "rotating photos" department I'm afraid. I just copy them right off PG onto my laptop. Then I drop them into Photoshop, where they most often are already back in the right orientation! If not, I rotate them. Then resave at a mid-size setting, and then repost here. Oh, then I delete from my laptop. I don't really know why it works, but it does :)

Today I'm wearing a Gemandpearllover inspired combination. Drop tahitian strand from PearlParadise and Wen Pearls (the most colorful of two strands), tahitian drop earrings from Druzydesign and my blue, green, pink and gold Pearlescence akoyas. I had an idea to combine them into one strand but I couldn't for the life of me know how to. Every other pearl or random, or chunks of them. Anyway until inspiration strikes again I combined them on me.
Drop tahitian strand from PearlParadise and Wen Pearls
tahitian drop earrings from Druzydesign
pink and gold Pearlescence akoyas
pink and gold Pearlescence akoyas
This rose is a favorite of mine, so pretty. It's a gallica rose, Cardinal de Richelieu, so it only blooms once.
Gallica rose, Cardinal de Richelieu

Thanks, Cathy. I've tried to rotate the pics when I forget to position the camera in landscape but they still won't show up right. Thank you for the help.

Thank you, Parrot Lady. We had a wonderful time.

Charlotta, you look beautiful.......and that rose is gorgeous!!

Thanks, PD. The smaller strand is about 18 yrs old, the larger strand is the strand I got from Cees. I was so happy that they stacked so beautifully together.

Wow, those Tahitians look like they were strung together to match and stack well together.

86C—Wow! Your combo looks wonderful on you! You are SO correct—it's never too hot (or cold, or anything else) for Tahitians! ;)

Thank you so much for the kind words, BritM, Charlotta, & CricketBug!!! I have a special place in my heart for Tahitians!

Gemandpearlover and Charlotta, you both created some fun, colorful strands and combinations! Well done!

86C, your Tahitian combinations work so well together. I especially like the contrast in colors in the bottom strand, and Happy Anniversary btw!

Blue Tahitian strand with Monili orchid clasp and tiny abalone pearl from PP.
Blue Tahitian strand with Monili orchid clasp tiny abalone pearl from Pearl Paradise.jpg

Blue Tahitian strand with Monili orchid clasp and tiny abalone pearl from PP.jpg

Kamoka tin cup and a Tahitian keshi station necklace. The Tahitian pendant is from Hawaii.
Kamoka tin cup and a Tahitian keshi station necklace

Kamoka tin cup and Tahitian keshi station necklace

Thanks, Jeg. I just love the orchid clasp on your blue T's. The luster on them is wonderful. Great combination of your Kamoka tin cup & the Tahitian keshi necklace. They're perfect together!!

Thank you Jeg. Love your blue tahitians and that clasp is amazing. I think blue is my favorite color and I love my blue tahitians. Your Kamoka tincup and the keshi tincup are gorgeous as well. I have been debating with myself if I should make a tincup with my tahitian keshis, but then I would have to break up the strand and I like using it like a chain with my enhancers. I could buy another one, but smaller ones are hard to get. I bought mine from Druzydesign on ebay, she regularly gets new ones, but they sell quickly. I remember some months ago she listed golden south sea keshis and they sold at once. Anyway I really love the look of keshis in tincups.

Thank you Katbran.
Yesterday at my fathers funeral I wore my white south sea strand from Cees and my 9.4mm white south sea studs. The photo is from today, I'm wearing the same combination today, but yesterday a severe black dress, not a frilly white blouse. My mother wore my vintage akoya strand with a white gold and diamond clasp and some matching akoya studs. They looked beautiful on her.
white south sea strand from Cees and my 9.4mm white south sea studs
white south sea strand from Cees
white south sea strand from Cees
white south sea strand from Cees and my 9.4mm white south sea studs
my 9.4mm white south sea studs
It's very hard to capture the beauty in the south sea strand. It's really more shiny.
very hard to capture the beauty in the south sea strand. It's really more shiny
I also got a new kitten, a friend for bigger kitten. Kitten disapproves but I think that they will be friends once bigger kitten stops sulking. The new kitten is playful and don't care about the grumpy one. Me and my mother often talks about the importance of finding something positive even during the darkest times. New kitten is clumsy and fun and has the tiniest squeekiest little voice even though she is 12 weeks.
I also got a new kitten, a friend for bigger kitten

Charlotta - Sending hugs to you and your mother. Your pearls are gorgeous - such high luster and smooth surfaces. Thanks for sharing a picture of your new kitty. He looks like trouble that one. Cute, adorable, love him so much he is going to get away with murder type of trouble. :)

Back