Pearls, Pugs, and Beads

Pearls&Pugs

Community member
Hello fellow beaders!

I have wanted to share some of my creations with the “Lowly Beaders Club” for a while now, and I think it is time that I finally do so! I’ve created this thread to show a few of my works.

I’ve been making beaded jewellery as a hobby since I was about seven or eight years old (so for about 25 years now). It started with hemp jewellery and macrame, but my mother got me a book on seed beading techniques and I was hooked! Weaving an intricate fabric of tiny beads, and making something substantial out of little components was so satisfying to me. I don’t sell my jewellery (at least yet, although it is certainly something I hope to explore in the future) but I’ve always loved gifting it to my friends and family. I have a lot of jewellery I could share with you here, but I’ll start with the pieces which feature pearls (as this is a pearl forum!).

The first piece I’ll share with you is a bead-embroidered choker-length necklace that features a labradorite cabochon (with flashes of bright and dark blue) and a golden south sea baroque pearl surrounded by Swarovski bicones.
61A08D67-CA55-40D9-9AE9-4C2CBD7687E7.jpeg
348A4392-2D64-4037-8B29-74621402CF41.jpeg

Gorgeous. I love it. It reminds me of pieces a good weaving friend of mine used to make. She died many years ago, but I still have some of her beaded pieces. She didn't use pearls, but she did amazing things with cabochons. I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Last edited:
A creative way to work your beading magic with pearls, Pearls&Pugs! Marianne, on this forum, has created some beautiful beaded pieces with SOC mabe. If she sees this, maybe she would be willing to post her necklace. I might have a pic from one of the Ruckuses, but I would have to dig.

A creative way to work your beading magic with pearls, Pearls&Pugs! Marianne, on this forum, has created some beautiful beaded pieces with SOC mabe. If she sees this, maybe she would be willing to post her necklace. I might have a pic from one of the Ruckuses, but I would have to dig.
If only I could figure out how to attach photos...

Gorgeous. I love it. It reminds me of pieces a good weaving friend of mine used to make. She died many years ago, but I still have some of her beaded pieces. She didn't use pearls, but she did amazing things with cabochons. I'm looking forward to your future posts.
Thank you so much, BWeaves! I think when we create, we imbue a little bit of our own soul into each piece we make, so it’s like you have your dear friend with you when you wear her jewellery.

I love the huge variety of semi-precious cabochons available for beading. So many interesting colours and visual effects are displayed by the different stones! Infinite scope for creativity!

Thank you, Jeg! I’d love to see some of Marianne’s beaded pieces with Sea of Cortez mabe. If only I could get my hands on some myself! I’d love to try working with such a gorgeous material.

@Marianne,
There are 2 ways to attach photos.

• The first way is to use the photo icon in the toolbar above the box in which one types text.
The photo icon is between the icons for the paperclip and the smiley emoji. If you click on it, this box appears:

%22Drop image%22, Pearl Guide.png
Drag and drop a photo into it. (Or click on it and select a photo to upload).

• The second way is to click on the button at the bottom of this box into which one types text, which shows a paperclip and says "Attach files". Way over to the right you's see the blue box that says "Post Reply".
It looks like this:

%22Attach files%22, Pearl Guide.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click on "Attach files". This opens a box that enables you to select and upload the file you choose from your device. (I used a desktop iMac; maybe it's a little different for a smartphone.)

LOL it took a bit of screen grabbing and attaching photos and editing my mistakes, but I finally got my previous post to look the way I wanted it. If it's still not clear, I'll try again. :)

LOL it took a bit of screen grabbing and attaching photos and editing my mistakes, but I finally got my previous post to look the way I wanted it. If it's still not clear, I'll try again. :)
Thank you, I will try tomorrow!

Hey Marianne! Want me to help you with this? Send me a direct message!

The first piece I’ll share with you is a bead-embroidered choker-length necklace that features a labradorite cabochon (with flashes of bright and dark blue)
That Labradorite certainly is an attention grabber. Looks like the light is transmitted from behind or within, not refracted. Beautiful setting.

That Labradorite certainly is an attention grabber. Looks like the light is transmitted from behind or within, not refracted. Beautiful setting.
Thank you so much, SteveM! I liked this cabochon because the contrast between the light and deep blue reminded me of the waters around a coral reef.

Back