• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Charlotta

Thank you 86Corvettegirl, Cricketbug and Parrot Lady. Parrot Lady, yes we will celebrate midsummer, light version with one of not-husbands daughter, daughters partner and babygirl. The little girl is 1 1/2 and so funny and I am one of her favorite persons (even prefered over not-husband who is her grandfather, haha). We arrived at the summer cabin last night and the little girl loves the new kitten, since it's grown up with children they could play (supervised of course). We might go to some festivities by the closest church if the weather still is nice by then, will be fun for the little girl. Then traditional midsummerfood of new potatoes with dill, sill and strawberries. So it will be a quiet nice familyday.

Charlotta

Beautiful pearls Bweaves and Jeg. Bweaves, I really like the kasumiearrings. How different are they compared to ripples? I have never seen real kasumis in real life. Ripples sometimes disapoints me, and mine never looks good in sunshine.
Jeg, the medleystrand is gorgeous.

BWeaves

JEG: Love your clothes and your pearls.

Charlotta: I cannot tell the difference between Kasumi pearls and good Chinese ripples. I have seen a lot of lower grade Chinese ripples that I've sent back or thought were very disappointing. Usually a necklace might have one great pearl and the rest were disappointing. Most of the real Kasumi pearls I've seen have been from Kojima or Pacific Pearl and they are very good quality and the whole necklace was full of good pearls. I've also bought Chinese ripples from Kojima and Pacific Pearl and they are also top quality and rival the Kasumi pearls. Since both are trusted vendors I've bought from before, I know that price marked on their website is a good indication of the pearl quality. You get what you pay for. I would be much more skeptical of eBay sellers who claimed Kasumi pearls, or had a great photo but had 10 necklaces available, so you're not going to get the one in the photo. Each necklace is unique. Like Tahitians, I looked at or ordered and returned quite a few before I found ones I liked.

Charlotta

Thank you Bweaves. I never have any trouble with tahitians anymore (because I get better ones probably), but freshwater pearls and I don't always gets along. Often they have a yellow or peach shade/tint to them that don't look good on me, and though I have a ripple strand that I like I kind of like tahitians better. If kasumis and ripples really are alike, even in colortones then it might be better to get good ripple once.

86Corvettegirl

BW, looks like you snuck some beautiful pearls in! LOL Yes, it's very hot right now with pop up rain showers. Weather is not conducive to pearl stacks at the moment!

86Corvettegirl

Jeg, love your pearls! The Pearl Medley rope is like BW's Everything Bagel rope.....fantastic to layer with other strands & necklaces!! I need something like that. Another item for the wish list.

The luster on those metallic strands are strikingly beautiful!! Such wonderful looks!!

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Thank you so much Katbran, Charlotta, JerseyPearl, BWeaves and 86C!

BWeaves and 86C, I don’t think I’d be able to wear any kind of jewelry in your climate. I would be completely dripping.

Always happy to help you add to your wish list 86C!;)

86Corvettegirl

Yes, Jeg, it's hot & humid here. It's tough to wear jewelry but air conditioning is our friend. LOL Today was dreadfully humid so I wore my carved Tahitian 15mm pendant & earrings...something light. Lots of greens in these even though you can't really tell from the pics.

Attachments

• carved Tahitians.jpg
    carved Tahitians.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 0
  • carved Tahitian pendant.jpg
    carved Tahitian pendant.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

86Corvettegirl

Thank you, Jeg & Charlotta. It was dreadfully humid yesterday & today, it's just as bad. It's a tin cup kind of day.;)

BTW, Jeg, what size are the Tahitian Keshi in your long station necklace? I have some keshi but they are really small & I'm thinking of making a longer scattered necklace to hang pendants on. A necklace like yours would be a lot cooler to wear in this heat. Did you get the Keshi from Druzy Designs?

BlackPearlDudeDC

I already placed these in the Akoya Thread, but I wanted to make sure our Kat Bran's work gets some props.

Australian Akoya Keshi Pearl earring ( Pic2: along with Kamoka Tahitian Keshi Pearl Earrings)

KB AKOYA KESHI.jpg

KB ALOYA KESHI 2.jpg

This are tiny studlettes

jeg

Traveling Pearl
BlackPearlDude,those are such great little keshi earrings and I especially love your name for them- “studlettes” :D

jeg

Traveling Pearl
Hmmm, 86C, I have no idea about the size range of the keshi. I used some tiny ones, but most are not really tiny. I did buy some loose keshi from Druzy Design, but I also had a 16” temp strand that I bought in Hawaii that had the bigger keshi. I also mixed a few SS keshi in. I made 5 different length chains from the keshi I had. Attaching a pic of 4 of them. The 5th chain is a duplicate length.

9EC2BEAC-1DB6-40AA-93C9-95745E0A26EE.jpg

4 layers
BE9E2F36-B059-49AF-96C5-75F20D67713F.jpg

Doubled the longest chain for 5 layers
CFA2584A-F360-482F-BD48-3F44352EC79C.jpg