• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves

Oooo, Purrana, I love your pearls, especially what you've done with the Tahitians! Please tell us more about the roundels you used. And I love your blouse.

I can't stop playing with my new drops.

I wondered if I could use them as earring jackets.

Here's the Kojima teardrop with a diamond pave' stud.

IMG_2224.jpg

And here's the Kojima grey blue drop used on the back of a tourmaline and diamond stud. I know the big pearl in back is in right now, but I don't think I like it on me. I'd be too afraid the ear nut would come off and I'd lose the pearl. But it's interesting.

IMG_2233.jpg

Last edited:

CathyKeshi

BWeaves, such pretty drop play ... all lovely, my favorite is the diamond stud with the long Kojima drop :).

Purranha, your long necklaces with mixed metals are wonderful ... brilliant idea with the bracelets!,,

BWeaves

I really need a white gold and sparkle option for the drops, so I was pleased that the Kojima teardrop worked so well with the diamond pave' studs. The pearl drop doesn't have the swing that that the drops have when they're on hoops, but that's OK. I've been playing with all my various studs using the drops as earring jackets, and they work very well.

Today I'm wearing the Kojima blue grey drops on my long oval diamond hoops, and my Vietnamese akoya necklace.

IMG_2236.jpg

I wasn't sure if I'd like the drops on the long oval hoop, but I really do. They are very comfortable.

IMG_2237.jpg

The blue grey drops almost feel upside down to me, but I really like them.

P.S. You can see my entire bathroom in the drop's reflection. The light is over a mirror which is over a large double sink vanity. And to the left is the shower tub stall with the curtain. At least the toilet is out of view. Phew.

Last edited:

pattye

Pearl Scholar
P.S. You can see my entire bathroom in the drop's reflection. The light is over a mirror which is over a large double sink vanity. And to the left is the shower tub stall with the curtain. At least the toilet is out of view. Phew.

BWeaves, you gave me the first chuckle of the morning! Love your pearl choices and fun to see all the ways you incorporate the drops. You've inspired me to take some time to play in my pearls today!

kelluvpearls

Consumer
image.jpg

Jacques' blue mix pearls and blue tourmaline beads. The beads' drill holes are so small and I had to leave out about 2 inches in total.

Purranha

Thank you everyone for your kind words on my first posting on this thread!!! :eek:

kelluvpearls OMG indicolite!!! one of the rarest of the tourmalines! and goes so beautifully with the blue tahitians! GORGEOUS! Haha and I totally feel your pain on the small drill holes and losing a few inches.

Red LOVED your tahitian tourmaline strand - along with the Gellner collections inspired my layered tahitian strands! Thank you!

BWeaves - my strands from outside inward. 1) labradorite with little gold bracelets from when I was young. I can still disassemble them into individual bracelets! 2) labradorite with tahitians. 3) multi color sapphire graduated into black spinel (cuz I didn't have enough sapphires thank goodness the color worked out lol) spaced with tourmaline rubellite nuggets with tahitians. 4) pink rhodolite garnet with 1 single SoC pearl. I had a lot of fun making this set, thanks for asking! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
I've been neglecting my 8-9mm Exotic FWP from 2008 (which I restrung last year with Baby Pink Pattye's Serafil thread) and lavender metallic studs.
They seemed like just the thing for this unseasonably chilly October afternoon.
This strand is one of my husband's favorites.

Attachments

• 8-9mm FWP exotics.jpg
    8-9mm FWP exotics.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Lavender metallic earrings.jpg
    Lavender metallic earrings.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: