• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BAS

Purranha -- simply stunning! Neck shots, please!

Pearl Dreams -- just lovely! I can see why it's one of your husband's favorites!

Red

Today I wore a new-to-me strand of circled baroque silver Tahitians I purchased from pkinnew. They were originally from Pearl Paradise, and were chosen by our own newberry. Earrings are Sea of Cortez baroques from Agustus that I wired up myself and hung from 14kt yellow gold hoops. These pearls are on the short list for a future upgrade by a real jeweler.

Today_1200.jpg

As for my new Tahitian and tourmaline rope, I put the rondelles on a temp wire of 7 Strand Beadalon in Satin Silver Size XS (.012" or 0.30 mm), which is colored nylon coated stainless steel. I was checking out the composition before taking it in for professional stringing. When I arrived at the jeweler, they said it looked fine, and only charged me to attach the clasp.

Last edited:

CathyKeshi

Everyone's looking wonderful in their pearls this week!

Kelluvpearls, that blue tourmaline and "blues" Tahitian necklace is divine!!!

funky_pearl

hi everyone! i haven?t been posting much at all but still love looking at everyone's beautiful pearls when i can :) today i'm wearing my lavender metallic pearl pendant. i've been reaching for pendants a lot lately and love the metallic sheen it has!

DeCEm0xl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

BAS

Loving the metallics! funky_pearl -- it looks like a glossy bosc pear!

funky_pearl

thanks ckrickett and bas, you know it does kinda look like a little metallic pear now that you mention it, lol!

kelluvpearls

Consumer
Thank you BWeaves, JP, Ckrickett, Pattye, Tucs, Purranha and Cathy!
Ckrickett, you'll love the blue mix from Jac, I had a look at his listing he only has 9 and 10mm available now, hopefully he can restock with more blues!
Purranha and Pattye I used softgflex fine gauge wire. It is usually ok for most gem beads but these ones have tiny tiny drill holes. It is supposed to be a present but I'm afraid it might be too short even with the extender chain, I might have to make her something else instead.
Tucs, funky_pearl, Pearl Dreams and Red love your SUYPIA photos.

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
... I used softgflex fine gauge wire. It is usually ok for most gem beads but these ones have tiny tiny drill holes. It is supposed to be a present but I'm afraid it might be too short even with the extender chain, I might have to make her something else instead.

Soft Flex fine gauge wire is 0.014 inch diameter-- is this what you used? Because there is a thinner wire.

Soft Touch
(by Softflex) very fine gauge wire is 0.010 inch diameter-- I used this in some beads with teeney tiny drill holes, and it was very flexible, and strong enough.

Red

Yesterday I wore my green Rikitea Tahitian drop rope from last year's August sale at Pearl Paradise. Today, I wore my new Tahitian and tourmaline rope. Tahitians from PP, tourmaline from T Lee, and design and stringing by yours truly.

Today_1211.jpg

Today_1215.jpg

kelluvpearls

Consumer
Soft Flex fine gauge wire is 0.014 inch diameter-- is this what you used? Because there is a thinner wire.

Soft Touch
(by Softflex) very fine gauge wire is 0.010 inch diameter-- I used this in some beads with teeney tiny drill holes, and it was very flexible, and strong enough.

Yes I used the 0.014 inch version, I'll purchase the thinner thread and give it a go, thanks for tip PearlDreams!

Pearl Dreams

Pearl Enthusiast
kelluvpearls,
Be aware that you might need smaller crimp beads for the thinner gauge wire. Test your crimp beads with a bit of the thinner wire before stringing the actual necklace.

CathyKeshi

And I have a Rio Grande account ... THANKS ... you are all awesome!

Red, both ropes are beautiful on you, but my favorite is your own design ... just turned out fabulous!!!

funky_pearl

i LOVE that Tahitian rope red! today i'm wearing a white ss drop with some of my charms on a longer chain :)
vKJ4qNwl.jpg
[/url][/IMG]