Pearl Guide Ruckus 2010

I look forward to meeting everyone. Great invitation Jeremy!

Looks so terribly elegant - I'm really sorry I'll miss it this year! I'll be thinking of you...

Sheri

Jeremy, appreciate your use of our wine company logo.

Now the pressure's on!!

Looks so terribly elegant - I'm really sorry I'll miss it this year! I'll be thinking of you...

Sheri

I'll be thinking of you too and be waiting for full story with photos.
And who knows? Maybe the next year...........

Wow, that's one sophisticated invitation! Excellent work, and it looks extremely inviting (except for the raw fish. Couldn't draft a cook????). You (you all, y'all, yunz, youse guys) are going to have a B L A S T!!!! !

Ah, I wish I could be there too..... I really did have a great time last year and wish all the 2010 attendees just as much fun!

For all coming, a reservation for up to 25 is made at The Brasserie Restaurant for 8:15 p.m. We can meet at the lounge in the Sheraton around 7:00 p.m. for drinks and then walk next door to the Crowne Plaza where the restaurant is at 8:00.

We wanted to do dinner at the Sheraton, but because of the group size, they only wanted to offer us a prix fix menu, which was really lacking many good options. I checked out The Brasserie today and their menu looks just as good as last year's!

Wished we were coming - Ask around if anyone has seen
Hubert Bari's new book " Pearls The General Catalogue."
Ken Scarrett of GIA has seen it - said it is great.
Keep us formed.
We will be thinking of you
"One for the Road"
Rob and Denise

Have fun everybody! Maybe next time.

Cheers

Ash

Wished we were coming - Ask around if anyone has seen
Hubert Bari's new book " Pearls The General Catalogue."
Ken Scarrett of GIA has seen it - said it is great.

Last month I bought Bari's latest pearl book at a bookstore in NYC, "The Strand". At the time they had three copies for sale. Although I don't know how they got it before the expected release date in September (according to Amazon), I do believe it is the same book you are referring to; it says inside, "This book has been published to coincide with the exhibition Pearls, staged at the Museum of Islamic Art in Doha, Quatar, from January to June 2010".

OMG..... It's a beautiful book!

Gail

Last edited:
The Strand lists this book as 'Used' in 'Good' condition. The only explanation is that the publisher sent out too many preview copies and someone in the Manhattan pearl business decided to cash in. Amazon still lists the book for September 14 release. No idea why such an exaggerated lead time.

I've ordered a Strand copy, let's see if they ship it!

The Strand lists this book as 'Used' in 'Good' condition. The only explanation is that the publisher sent out too many preview copies and someone in the Manhattan pearl business decided to cash in. Amazon still lists the book for September 14 release. No idea why such an exaggerated lead time.

I've ordered a Strand copy, let's see if they ship it!

Although The Strand is known as a used book seller, they do sell new books, too. My copy of Bari's book was definitely never used. (Pretty good price, too!) Let me know what you think when you get it.

Gail

As mentioned on another thread, Ken Scarratt showed me his 'hot' copy during our last meeting, and I was only able to glance briefly, with focus on the very problematic and most likely erroneous Nautilus chapter. Otherwise it appears to be an incredible book and I can't wait to get deeper into it.

Back