Pearl Guide Ruckus 2010

Full Schedule​

Friday night
7PM Meet in Sheraton Lounge
8PM Walk next door to La Brasserie Restaurant at Crowne Plaza Hotel
Back to Sheraton Lounge after dinner until late.

Saturday
Meet in conference room (TBA)
10-10:30
10:30-11:00 Mikey will talk a little about ?The Shell Trade?
11:00-12 Blaire is the Keynote Speaker "Rare Pearls & Latest Developments"
1:00-1:30 Renee Newman will speak, sell and sign her latest book
1:30-2:00 Steve will speak on ?Nautilus?
2:00 Douglas will speak on ?Sea of Cortez Pearls?

Saturday Night

?The Ruckus? pearlparadise.com/ruckus2.html
6:30 Limo arrives at the Sheraton must leave by 7:00.
7.15 until Mikeyy can't walk - at Pearl-Paradise.

Sunday Morning

10AM Show and Tell plus brunch.
Featuring Sarah, Douglas, Pearl Paradise, and a knotting exchange.
1PM Wrap up and Goodbye.

That'll be about 8 o'clock.... Short party huh? :D

BTW the host seems to be able to throw back a few as well. Let's have some fun.

I'll give my best and will try to avoid hitting the floor until 9 pm. We can't all just allow Mikeyy to have all the fun...

I hope Sunday is at the hotel. I know I can crawl to the elevator... ;)

It is at PP. The limo isn't available. We'll have to Ride Share. Last year a lot of people checked out of the hotel and brought their bags to PP, then left from there. GG. You have your own car. So come when you are ready. You could have a full car when you do come.

Jeremy
What's the parking like around there?

Full Schedule​

10-10:30
10:30-11:00 Mikey will talk a little about ?The Shell Trade?
11:00-12 Blaire is the Keynote Speaker "Rare Pearls & Latest Developments"
1:00-1:30 Renee Newman will speak, sell and sign her latest book
1:30-2:00 Steve will speak on ?Nautilus?
2:00 Douglas will speak on ?Sea of Cortez Pearls?

Anyone recording audio/video for us in the wilderness?

Sigh...I know I said it before, but I SO wish I could be there with all of you this weekend rather than preparing for a stupid trial....even without scotch and caviar, even without pearls (!), I know it would be fabulous company. Have a great time - I'll be with you in spirit!!!

Sheri

Sheri, you're the frosting on our pearly cake! Don't think we'll miss you any less than you will miss us. ;)

well if I were making a last minute decision to head off to the ruckus (and I really did think about it all week) I would be heading to the airport about now. Sadly I am sitting in my living room, contemplating landscapers and painters and wishing they would be finished at my house so that I could have my life back!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. SOMEONE please have a glass or two of Steve's fabulous red wine for me...

Although The Strand is known as a used book seller, they do sell new books, too. My copy of Bari's book was definitely never used. (Pretty good price, too!) Let me know what you think when you get it.Gail
Book arrived, a little tear in the cover but otherwise untouched. Definitely used. Gail's tip on this one is hugely appreciated. This book is not yet released.

If there were three then it is possible that one remains.

Nerida
I second Jeremy! Get the next plane!
Sheri
I hate to miss you (and your spiked tote), you are such a great partier. It's a shame to let a client come between you and a good party!:rolleyes: I sure hope client benefits by your sacrifice.

Renee Newman, who is a terrific author and gemologist, is bringing her books to sign and sell at the ruckus, if anyone wants to add to their gemstone knowledge. Besides the new pearl book, she has just come out with volume one of Exotic Gems and it is simply outstanding. I can't wait for volume two! ;)

She'll be speaking about her tour of Chinese pearl farms at the ruckus and has lots of photos. You know how I love photos!

I wish you could all join us. It's not too late to change your mind. Think of getting to geek out with people who could talk about pearls all day long. Where else will you get that? ;) And think of the caviar and blinis! ;)

Back