Oh My God! Pp Monthly!!

?I am a bit of a nacre snob. However, they really are exceptional. I am quite jealous of Steve for snagging the large strand, but I am glad it has found such a wonderful home.
We think alike, and the exceptional personality of these pearls is undeniable.

A bit of serendipity here, as I'd been away from pearls (and purchasing of same) for a few weeks, the pearl budget somewhat on the mend as a result. Just began checking in again a couple of days ago. Thanks, Callire!

We think alike, and the exceptional personality of these pearls is undeniable.

A bit of serendipity here, as I'd been away from pearls (and purchasing of same) for a few weeks, the pearl budget somewhat on the mend as a result. Just began checking in again a couple of days ago. Thanks, Callire!

Glad to hear you took the leap. The character of those baroque akoyas is stupendous! ;)

OMG - I am going to be in sooo much trouble. I just bought the 8 - 8.5 strand. That means I have to sell like a fiend tomorrow, stapled belly and all.
Toast, toast, toast.

Weak will or what?! :p

I managed to resist :D

However, I wish I had bought 2 strands of 7-7.5mm to make a double :rolleyes:

DK :D

No problem guys!

I think this is just a bit of good luck since I missed the tahitian sale :( I really wish I bought another strand, but oh well! I bet another one will pop up eventually. I can't wait to see the 9-9.5! Funny thing, I was actually traveling yesterday! Why am I always in the airport when all the good sales happen? I'll have to start giving everyone a head's up for my next flight... a new pearl deal is bound to pop up!

It must have been meant to be. I had a great day at the market today, probably my best ever. We had the Cherry Blossom Festival in town and we were the first place (there are all kinds of things that go on all over town) for the people coming up from the coast, so the first stop. The weather was gorgeous, first time all week. Yay!!! I was pooped, but the staples held, and I am relieved.

akoya

akoya

Hi Sheryl,
Glad to hear you are doing well after your stay in the hospital; and business went well today. :)

Glad to hear you are doing well after your stay in the hospital; and business went well today. :)

Thank you! It was an amazing Waimea day - wish you could have been here. :)

From what I see on all my monitors, the larger size akoyas don't seem to have the same color saturation as the smaller size ones. They look pale compared to the smaller size akoyas.

It may be a good idea to include a new penny when shooting, for size perspective as well as saturation control.

Most professionals say that they always manipulate the picture using photoshop for example.

However, I don't. (No access to PS and I don't see the need.)

If you're shooting RAW files then Photoshop, or some other processing, is just part of the deal like working in a darkroom. I know that Pattye shoots jpgs and manages to get her lighting to work well enough that she can just plop the photos online and they work well. It sounds like that is what you have. It depends on your equipment and lighting setup...

Back