PP monthly special for October..

That necklace looks absolutely beautiful, like molten gold! Swoooooooon

Exactly, weegem, like molten gold. Be still my molten heart!!!! What a stunner.

Jeremy, those pearls in your picture are gorgeous. I am thrilled by the diversity of pearls - who knew? I've learned so much since finding PP and now this site.
John

Beautiful pearls and I love that design! While I understand the reticence that the non-pierced among us feel towards offering earrings, would it be worth offering at least some of the exotics as half strands? That might increase the number of folks who could take advantage of what sounds like a very limited supply.

If the earrings only use two pearls, I don't think that will unduly affect the pearl population. But, if they really are few, you could offer a choice of a bracelet or an unfinished half-strand.

I agree with Boo that it would be better if more people could get some pearls than a few people getting whole strands. If I had a half-strand, I could make earrings and a pendant.

And limit people to one bracelet or half-strand until everyone has a chance to read their email, at least 48 hours.

Does that help?:)

I love you guys!
Blaire

Call me crazy... but....... I hope that fancy FWPs will get the honor of a loose pearl offer.

If there are true gems among freshwater, I would expect to see them sold as gems do - one by one.

Otherwise, it'll certainly be earrings for me. A dark and a light pair, so I can also mix them (one dark pearl with one light pearl at a time). Usually I don't hang anything around the neck unless there are fireworks going off nearby or something. Earrings are the most wearable pearl form for me. And these will be worn! :D

I've been looking forward to fancy colors since signing on this forum! :eek:

If there is one person on this planet capable of, and willing to go the extra mile for, sourcing whole strands of fancy color freshwater pearls, that will be Jeremy. Give him some time!

I like the look of a full strand, second favorite is the multiple pearl pendant that Jeremy showed the other day. I have to admit I don't wear earrings so I am biased for necklace or pendants.

I second GemGeek's suggestion of limiting people to one strand/half strand initially until 48 hours or later. Several forum members missed their chances during the baroque Akoyas offering because of business meetings or time zone differences. If the supply is really limited, putting an initial limit would give more pearl lovers a chance.

Cheers:),
Pernula

boo said:
Beautiful pearls and I love that design! While I understand the reticence that the non-pierced among us feel towards offering earrings, would it be worth offering at least some of the exotics as half strands? That might increase the number of folks who could take advantage of what sounds like a very limited supply.

Debbie,

how is a half strand to be used? I cannot see myself mixing it with other coloured freshwaters so what other choices are there?

What I could think of buying if there were not enough whole strands available would be the same design that was made up for the Emmy look book, instead of a chain connecting the hanging pearls, this "pendant of cascading pearls" could have a hanger large enough so it could be connected to a Omega ring, then not so many pearls would be needed. Just an idea! Of course, earrings are needed too!:D

Your idea is a great one! With a half strand, I could get a bracelet and earrings, or several earring/pendant sets to share.:D I have also taken a half strand and made a fairly nice necklace that had the main pearls front and center, then seed pearls for the remainder of the necklace (with earrings to match, of course...)

You all know I'm a bit crazy, right? Well, earlier today, I was wearing a pair of earrings I have that are composed of five 7mm rounds dangling at the end of silver chains. I was watching the Colts play and noodling around with, yes, another pair of earrings, so I took off the danglies to try on the new earrings. Well, what to do with the ones that I had taken off? Of course...I set them in the point of the sweetheart necked dress I was wearing (well - they were lavender pearls, and it was a purple dress...) They looked really cute! I may have to make a pin just like the earrings to wear on that dress... Anyway, my point is that I can almost always find a way to use pearls somehow.

Attachments

• purple dress.jpg
    purple dress.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
boo said:
Anyway, my point is that I can almost always find a way to use pearls somehow.

Yes, I am a true believer -- you can always find a way to use pearls!;) I got my sandals, now I just need the free time to make a Blaire version of the Boo Sandal.

Boo = Style Leader

I think the pearls look so much prettier on the model! Do you still get a lower conversion rate if you put them on a mannequin bust? Or what if when you clicked on an item you got the regular picture of just the piece, but you could click on a "more pictures" button to see it on a model or bust? Just a thought... :)

Only a few sites have tried the mannequin busts, but they really did look atrocious. I know Amanda has a section on her site where you can shop by model, but I don't know whether or not that has helped conversions. I guess it would be possible to link the items...

An example of the mannequins... some very good people in France.
http://www.netperles.com/GRAP01.htm

Last edited:
Speaking of exotic colors! Does anybody know about all the colors you see akoya in? Are they natural or artificially applied. I know they come in yellow and pale blue and the black ones are treated. However, even the site Jeremy just posted in France showed some pink, lavander, and teal.
thanks,
barbie
Like others, I'm learning like mad on this forum.

boo said:
I was watching the Colts play and noodling around with, yes, another pair of earrings, so I took off the danglies to try on the new earrings.

Is there a better way to spend an afternoon? Pearls & Peyton! Pearls, Peyton ... & Palmer! (Hope springs eternal.)

jshepherd said:
There is an issue with using model shots on pearl Websites. For some reason, still unknown to me, it kills the conversion rates. Even with monthly specials the conversions are better without the model shot.

Hi Guys,
I'm fairly fluent with all the SEO and web development options that have been out over the years. From what I have seen the reason model shots for pearls and any other jewelry website for that matter have done so poorly is as a result of novice web designers, and users of photoshop, fireworks, dreamweaver, etc.

The Conversions even when calculated uses a standard of CPM can not be accurately recorded as the image file has almost never been sliced and optimized correctly.. which relates into a huge delay in the user actually being able to see the image. If the user has a slow internet connection, the browser is from an offshore ISP or your hosted server is simply slow it all is going to hit you in sales, performance and overall customer satisfaction.

The reason images of just products covert better is they load faster, plain and simple... Even if a browser clicks on your page, but leaves before the entire page loads or the image loads for that matter it has counted as a page view.

Anyways sorry about the rambling, with years of experience that's my 2 cents. Hope this is a helpful explanation for all of you who are in favour of the model shots!!;)

Maybe the problem with showing pearls on models is te size of the models. They are very beautiful and petite. Great if you are too, but if you're more an average size person, or very tall (like me) or very non-petite you can't see what the pearls will do on you. Same with skintone.

Sheila

Back