Oh My God! Pp Monthly!!

callire

I checked at noon today and I saw the special! HOLY COW! Those are beautiful and really very affordable. I snagged one in the 7.5-8mm. :p Really, I think the Shepherds outdid themselves with this month! Anyone know how many strands are up for sale? I'm really, really tempted to upgrade to 8-9mm.

SWN000-210_XI.jpg

http://www.pearlparadise.com/February-Monthly-Special.html
http://www.pearlparadise.com/detail.aspx?ID=2561

btw- anyone get the email yet? I just stumbled on the page, no PP email for me yet :(

Last edited:
OMG is right !!! I have to have them too.......Thanks for the "heads-up"....

>>>resist, resist, resist!

Silver blue, my kind of colour, and such affordable price! However, I really must not buy anymore pearls, or any unessential items! :(

If I were to get them, then I would get 2 x 7-7.5mm to make a double :D

Enjoy yours, you lucky people! :)

DK :)

>>>resist, resist, resist!

Silver blue, my kind of colour, and such affordable price! However, I really must not buy anymore pearls, or any unessential items!

I am in your boat. Done a little too much pearl buying lately. And this was the color I was looking for too.

Those lucky ones please take pictures when you get them so I can drool and be envious.

I called PP and got them !! I hope they will be as nice quality as TPO's Vietnamese baroques that I bought last year !!! I'm so excited !!!! I ordered 2 strands, unfinished.... now I can plan what I'll do with them.......how I'll finish them.... WOW !!!!!

Oh those are gorgeous; please post pictures when you get them!

callire, why did you have to post this, why! :) i want one!

i wonder how long the supply will last...I would feel like such a spendthrift ordering this so soon after having my graduated strand made up. hm. hmmmm. post pics as soon as you get it so i can decide!

I saw! Everyone, if you don't own baroque akoyas yet and your budget allows you should totally get some! I bought a necklace a while back and it's one of my favorite pieces.

maryd, I don't mean to be cruel and evil, but you had mentioned that you were looking for pearls this color, so... BUY THESE!!! The smaller pearls are under $100 and I know that $100 is still a lot of money, especially in today's economic climate, but as a blue-crazed pearl-girl, I can tell you that the blue akoyas are breathtaking and probably very unlike any other pearls that you own. They are shiny swirling pools of molten moonbows. They are the seeds that you would plant to grow kaleidoscopes. They are comets and lightning and alpenglow mixed together and distilled down into perfect droplets. If you really are interested in the color, and if it really is a matter of "I shouldn't" versus "I can't", then you will very much regret missing out on this offering.

And if it really and truly is a case of "I can't" then let me know and I will make sure you at least get a teeny little taste of them.

Yay! Thanks for the encouragement! I can't wait for them to arrive. The double strand idea is great! It'd be a more affordable way to have the beautiful pearls.

Ditto on these being one of my favorites. I purchased a couple strands from TPO last year and even took an ebay plunge for a long strand. I love them and actually have to remind myself that I have multiple feet of these silvery blue akoyas when I am tempted to purchase more. They are really gorgeous and wearable.

They are shiny swirling pools of molten moonbows. They are the seeds that you would plant to grow kaleidoscopes. They are comets and lightning and alpenglow mixed together and distilled down into perfect droplets.

Okay, I don't need these pearls, but this quote above had made my day!! Thank you Boo... I once described Doug's harvest as a moonbow... but your description far outclasses my words!

You might want to check with PP if they have a matching pair of earrings ;).

Attachments

• 02f719.jpg
    02f719.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 35
Oh... Matching earrings. Too tempting! I'd have to have studs though. I can't do drop earrings.

SO EXCITED!
(Although the "Pp" in the thread title is bothering me. I really must start proof reading my spastic postings.)

I'm getting antsy. I think getting another strand for a double is the way to go.

So: If I buy one size smaller and ask them to shorten it to 17.5" and leave the extra pearls (I'll have my sis make some sort of workable earrings), can I wear it as a double? I think the clasps might be a bit annoying, but it'd be doable, and pretty versatile when I didn't want to wear it as a double.

Ok, If I get an unstrung strand and use my PP coupon....

now I need to find time to make a call without my husband around. :rolleyes:

(and when I get caught I am blaming it on all of you)

Back