My Memorial Day Necklace

JerseyPearl

I just wanted to share a necklace I made to wear with my long scatter pearl tin cup. I used the same color gemstone stations and wire wrapped the pearls in 14k. This is about 19" long...but I'm actually thinking of making this one into a longer rope...but that's a decision for another day! IMG_3370.jpgIMG_3375.jpgIMG_3373.jpg

The necklace rolls around quite a bit...even though the stones are all point side in, they do flip around a lot. But I don't mind that because they sparkle like crazy.

And so sorry, forgot to add the credits: Pearls are from Jac, in his pastel mix; gemstone stations are from Bella/Gempacked.

Last edited:
what a pretty color combination, jerseypearl! i really like the amethyst and peridot colored stones with the tahitians. i have an aquamarine by the yard bracelet and it does the same thing you mentioned, the stones are always flipping over point up! i need to learn how to wire wrap, that's so cool that you can make a necklace!

Lovely necklace!

Thanks funky! I have several "by the yard" style pieces (non-pearl) and they all do the flip. The only one I have that doesn't has a double sided bezel set, but I couldn't find those at all! This piece used smokey quartz, blue topaz, lemon quartz, citrine, amethyst, and peridot. I wire wrapped the pearls onto jump rings which attach to the bezeled gemstones, so in theory, they all point the same direction.

Very lovely, JerseyPearl! All those perfect little wire wraps :) What gauge wire did you use on this one?

Jp, I absolutely love this necklace! Everything about it, the sparkles, gold chain and lovely Tahitians. Love the length short or longer. As always, I'm so in awe of people who can make their own jewelry. Sigh... maybe someday I'll find the time to learn...

Jp, I absolutely love this necklace! Everything about it, the sparkles, gold chain and lovely Tahitians. Love the length short or longer. As always, I'm so in awe of people who can make their own jewelry. Sigh... maybe someday I'll find the time to learn...

Imgarden, I've seen pictures of past ruckuses with crafting instruction session! We'll get you started. :eek:

OMG, crafting instruction sessions at the Ruckus!!?? Really??!! What great teachers to be surrounded by... and what great fortune befell me the day I found PG!! Thanks, Purannha!!

Love pearls with gemstones!!!! Great necklace JP. You have some amazing pieces.

JerseyPearl could you please come to Australia and teach me to wire wrap? You have made so many amazing pieces, this one is no exception. I love the combination of the pastels and bezelled gemstones.

You guys are all too kind! I really enjoy making these pieces...I keep going back and forth as to whether to start an Etsy shop...my problem is I always love what I make because I make it for me or for friends and family (only post photos of things I keep on here). To those who want to learn...when I first joined PG I hadn't even so much as crimped a bead...I learned everything from the wonderful, and very supportive people here, either through tutorials posted on Lowly Beaders or by reference to online videos and instructional tools. Seriously, if I can do this, anyone can! And the more you practice, the better you get. I discovered that it took almost 100 attempts to really learn how to wire wrap properly. I bought a bunch of copper crafting wire in different thicknesses and some craft beads and taught myself in an afternoon! And you don't have to start on gold (it's my preferred metal), you can make lovely things using gold filled/rolled gold, and sterling.

Thanks again everyone...this is a new favorite piece!

Back