Back from the Bay

waimeamomi

Natural Pearl
I'm back from my Bay area adventure. It was loads of fun, and my little one is a natural born city girl, including the shopping. I didn't leave my heart in San Francisco, but certainly most of my money. Top of the adventure was meeting Sarah from Kojima Pearl and seeing some of her wares. Wow! That's the pearls, but even more so, Sarah. I think there is something about true pearl passion that requires a pearl of a person. Sarah is definitely that. She laid a spread the non-round pearls that I so love, as well as breaking out the Kamokas, (and a very lovely fruit platter as well). I brought home a lot of second-harvests, and a few Kamokas, but had to make myself walk away from them (for now). It was all I could do to keep from going back the next day, credit card in hand. Heavy sigh. Here are a few pics and I'm hoping to get some photos of strands started today to go on my website. I am also including a pic of 2 incredible 11mm matched true pistachio colored Kamokas that I did not get, but highly recommend. These pics are not of just my strands, just a peek at Sarah's world. (pics published with Sarah's permission!) More on next post!

Attachments

• the spread2.jpg
    the spread2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC03933.jpg
    DSC03933.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 46
  • pistachio.jpg
    pistachio.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 37
  • SCpearls.jpg
    SCpearls.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Sarahkamokas.jpg
    Sarahkamokas.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 34
I also tried on an amazing rope of Tahitians and Goldens mixed together. I can't remember if it was 54" or 64". It's wrapped once, the other strands are mine. I am still trying to figure out how to get that to keep, but now I know I want to make one at some point if I don't. Also check out the monster Kamoka. I guess I didn't get a close up on that one. It is a gorgeous deep color with lots of blue, I'm not sure the size, around 18mm maybe?? But very round and smooth and gorgeous! There were also very large second harvests, petals, and some bead nucs. In the one pics you can see the awesome Kasumis that I think were in her other post. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum.

Attachments

• rope.jpg
    rope.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 43
  • monsters.jpg
    monsters.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 42
  • giant petals.jpg
    giant petals.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 41
  • giantkeishi.jpg
    giantkeishi.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 42
  • beadnuc.jpg
    beadnuc.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 46
Last ones. Sarah and I try and take pics of ourselves. And the monster up close, but nearly the color or luster in this shot. So much fun!!!

Attachments

• kamoka biggie.jpg
    kamoka biggie.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 45
  • SArah.jpg
    SArah.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 44
  • sandme.jpg
    sandme.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for posting these pictures! I'm practically drooling over the Tahitians. I don't think I could have shown your restraint :p

What a great time you had, Sheryl - gorgeous gorgeous Kamokas to drool over, and to meet Sarah would be lovely. Hi, Sarah..! Nice to see you having such a good time with all those beautiful things though Sheryl, and glad you enjoyed the city!

I'm practically drooling over the Tahitians. I don't think I could have shown your restraint :p
It was hard, and it's not over yet, I'm still struggling! Here is what I did bring home (disappointed with the pic colors as usual) .

Attachments

• loot.jpg
    loot.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 41
  • lootuse.jpg
    lootuse.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 39
  • bigs.jpg
    bigs.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 46
  • stachios.jpg
    stachios.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 46
  • kamkeishis.jpg
    kamkeishis.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 43
Sheryl, Thanks for coming to play pearls with me! And thanks for teaching me the cool trick of taking pictures of ourselves using the mirror! Here are some of the photos I took of our lovely fruit and pearl filled afternoon. It was great to meet you and put a face to the name and the jewelry. I can't wait to see what you create! You are a pearl, with the spirit of aloha!
Blessings to you, Sarah

Attachments

• pearly visit -1.jpg
    pearly visit -1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 42
  • pearly visit -2.jpg
    pearly visit -2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 45
  • pearly visit  -3.jpg
    pearly visit -3.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 42
  • pearly visit  -4.jpg
    pearly visit -4.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 45
Thanks, Sheryl, for sharing the photos. They are beautiful, indeed. And wow, what a rope ! The Kamoka Tahitian keshi is very nice, too.

I just saw Sarah's close-up photos of the FW. What a nice rainbow. Thanks, Sarah.

The top shot of Sarah's has the giant pearls that I had to walk away from, unless I get a client request. The rope - well if I can't get it, I hope someone here on the Guide goes for it. (please, take temptation from my path).

Wow Sheryl, you had lots of fun! Those Kamoka Keshis look too tempting!!

Thanks to both you and Sarah for the gorgeous pictures!!

Woo Hoo! What fun! Nothing better than pouring over pearls with Sarah to brighten your day. ;)

Wow - thanks so much for sharing. I have an office in San Francisco so I hope to meet up with Sarah on one of my trips (this is news from her). She made me a great keshi Tahitian necklace that I wear all the time. I'm thinking a manly ring from her next. Stay tuned!
John

She made me a great keshi Tahitian necklace that I wear all the time. I'm thinking a manly ring from her next.
John

WOW! I'm impressed. Can we have a photo of you wearing those keshis?

Thanks for the photos. Sheryl and Sarah,
Gorgeous pearls.....
And it's great to read of your get together.
How on earth did you manage to break it up ? :)

Sounds like you both had a great time. Thanks for the pics. The pistachio Kamokas are amazing, as is that rope and the large green loose Kamoka pearl. Mmmm. No wonder you look so happy!

Oh wow, looks like a Fabulous time; I would be over the moon playing with all those pearls! hehe Thanks for sharing!

Back