100 Inch Rope Challenge!!

Yeah, the colors brought you to mind, Nerida...and at 116", it would only drag on the floor a little bit...

Even doubled, it would drag on the floor unless she wears heels.

I didn't realize Mikeyy brought any pearls-darn!
biggrin.gif

Here's my latest 116-inch rope...Pattye, you should recognize many of those pearls!!!;)

Thanks again for the inspiration...

Sheri

Attachments

• sheri photos pearls 008.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 008.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 39
  • sheri photos pearls 010.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 010.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 37
  • sheri photos pearls 009.jpg
    sheri photos pearls 009.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 38
How beautiful! Did you use some copper beads too or are they all pearls?

Outstanding necklace - love the color combination. And your photos each capture a different aspect of the coloration. Keep 'em coming! ;)

How beautiful! Did you use some copper beads too or are they all pearls?

I have some 3mm faceted copper beads mixed in around the button/rondelle pearls. Hard to tell from the photos, but the fat rondelle pearls are also faceted.

Sheri

I never posted the 100 inch strand I made in June ? haven't been around much because of family issues that snatched me from the very bosom of the pearl ruckus and other frenzied matters.

This challenge was posted a few days after I received an order that included 6 strands of blue irradiated akoya. In the photo, they appear to be variegated, but in person they are an otherworldly, shiny and uniform pale blue. Very inexpensive, but interesting because they don't look dyed, yet they don't look like a product of nature, even as their baroqueness indicates they surely must be.

I have other plans for them in the future, but I knotted them up on PowerPro just for your consideration.

Pardon the office-fluorescent photo ? just wanted to post a quick shot while folks were back on this topic. :)

Attachments

• 100a.jpg
    100a.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 45
Congratulations! Those are very fun! would love another shot on the neck, and another against white! PM me your address and I will be happy to send you a little thank you gift for participating in the challenge! Not sure I'd want to cut those apart any time soon--they are gorgeous!

Those are beautiful!! Irradiated or not, the color is gorgeous and looks like they have a rose overtone too.

I still haven't made it to 100 inches; the longest was 80 inches and I thought I was never going to finish knotting it.
I did a 62 inch one on ecru silk for my friend Kerry (she only likes silk). It was a restring of two necklaces she already had with the addition of lots of lilac keshi's and teeny weeny 2.7mm metallic round purple freshwater pearls. One necklace had been 8-9mm round pinky lilac metallics, the other slightly smaller.. maybe 7.5mm - 8mm multi in pinks and white.
Anyway, Kerry loves it!
Cathy

Attachments

• DSCF8428.jpg
    DSCF8428.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8430.jpg
    DSCF8430.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Copy of DSCF8431.jpg
    Copy of DSCF8431.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 40
Cathybear, it's beautiful. I like the tiny purple pearls as spacers.

Cathybear, Gosh, Who wouldn't love that gorgeous rope!!!! It's a great combo of pearls! Can't remember if you told us already, but do you use natural light or a light box for your consistently fabulous photos? Anyone who hasn't checked out Cathybear's website, I highly recommend it for a pearl-induced endorphin rush!

Thank you Pattye :eek:)
I use natural light.. actually I use the top of an esky (cooler?) which is on top of a large decorative pottery jar so I can stand up straight (kills the back bending all the time), topped with a cream cloth (the esky is very bright blue) and a paper towel. All this is in my front porch which has a carport between it and our very harsh territory daylight. Seems to work well with my camera.

Here is one I did last summer. 128" 6 mm fresh water pearls with 7mm dyed reds (LN's ;)) 8 mm Green adventuriine rounds and 3mm amber beads. This is oneof my faves to date. I am hoping to do another one 100 inches plus with 8mm Amethyst, 3mm amber and 6mm FWP.

Cheers

Attachments

• SUC52283.jpg
    SUC52283.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 41
The Odd look on my face is me trying hard not to laugh. Was supposed to be a "serious in the moment shot" to resemble a lady with a spray of flowers from a 16th century persian miniature. Was a fun day I had a really bad case of the giggles.

WOW!!!!!! there are some really beautiful pieces here! I am in always in awe of the tallent here! Wonderful, beautiful and lovely stuff!! Keep them coming please....

Cheers
Ash

Back