Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that bracelet too! The design is simple and elegant, I have always wondered what one of those looked like on! Thanks for sharing
    ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

• Bas, I bought it on my last trip from Greenhills Manila.....I tried on many and liked this color combination the best. I think it's made with a lower grade south sea and another dyed pearl. ...the funny thing was that the first champagne colored pearl on it came off the next day and I went back to the shop immediately and asked them to repair it, but this time I chose the pearl and the one I chose was a south sea ( low grade) and a slightly bigger one than before
      As many on this forum had said Greenhills is a fun market for pearls, I felt like a kid in a candy store and almost wanted to cry because I couldn't choose any from all the beautiful things I see.....BUT .... the shop owners really do take advantage of foreigners! And people's lack of knowledge..... They are good at selling, and are pushy, I just went and chose the ones that suited me and not the ones they recommended for me to buy

I have seen many nice ones, that are similar in design in etsy.
      Last edited by MelT; 12-21-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• MelT,

A great bracelet design and super color combination! I'd wear one like that every day also! Sounds like you are a good shopper, too.
        Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Thank you Pattye
          Merry Christmas to everybody! Hope you guys have a lovely holiday!

Comment

• Love all the "real life" pearl shots!

I'm a bit limited in what I can wear in day-to-day working life. Our dress code is pretty strict at the Bar in England and Wales - either very plain black / dark grey skirt or trouser suit, or equally plain black / dark grey dress and jacket combination. Shirts etc must be either white of cream, and generally bling stuff not encouraged.

I tend to wear my Tahitian 18 inch strand, or an 18 inch lavender PP strand, or lavender drop pearls, for work. They are quiet enough not to offend the dress code. For example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1277.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	354999

I don't have pierced ears, and I only wear a fairly low-key ring most of the time (the same one, on my ring finger, not a fashion statement or a pearl, but I love it).

If I'm in a court where I wear robes - wig, gown and collar - and can't wear a necklace, I wear my lavender bracelet quite a lot. Barristers' robes don't really allow for necklaces, you see!

This is my 8 year old in my robes, as you can see, not many jewellery options:

Name:	cb7fd5e3-e186-4534-8331-e7ed381b0bfa.jpg
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	355000

A non-working shot - my mother was given some glorious top-quality lavender freshwater pearls, necklace and earrings, by me for her birthday in late 2012. They came from Wendy at Pearlescence - they are absolutely gorgeous. She couldn't wear the necklace for a while, as she had what she called a portacabin installed for chemotherapy, and necklaces could catch on it. She wore them this Christmas, though, and they are really lovely. You can see in this photo, even in artificial late Christmas afternoon light, how much lustre they have:

Name:	13ae82eb-6b5a-4052-b313-fe3c0d858b1f.jpg
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	355001

These are the pearls not on my mother:

Name:	IMG_1213.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	355002

Comment

• I LOVE the necklace you bought for your mother. Absolutely beautiful on her!

At first I thought you worked in a "bar" (pub to you, I think). Tee hee...

Comment

• She looks lovely in it - you need to imagine she's not wearing an apron for the full Christmas posh effect, though (-:

And no, not in a bar lol

Comment

• I love to hear the personal details. Great pearls from Wendy - I am mad for lavender!

Comment

• Beautiful pearls, Amanda, and beautiful mom… especially wearing an apron!

Comment

• My darling Mama's gorgeous, with or without pearls (-:

She's 65, but manages to look a good decade younger.

Comment

• I hope my daughter knows to give me pearls when she's grown

- Karin

Comment

• Those lavender pearls are delicious. Cool clasp too!

Comment

• Originally posted by KarinK View Post
                            I hope my daughter knows to give me pearls when she's grown

- Karin
                            If she doesn't, she hasn't been paying attention (-:

The Christmas before, I gave her a tin-cup tahitian necklace and earring set, that she wears a lot. Tahitian pearls look great on almost everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Urchin View Post
                              Those lavender pearls are delicious. Cool clasp too!
                              Wendy found it - silver and amethyst, perfect for the pearls.

Comment

• Originally posted by KarinK View Post
                                I hope my daughter knows to give me pearls when she's grown

- Karin
                                Ditto this!!! I just love those lavender pearls, just beautiful! I have a particular fondness for that color They look beautiful on her, what a fantastic gift!
                                ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

Working...
                                X